Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 02-11-2015, 11:58 AM
Master

Attn deck hoarders <3 - deck recommendation?

I've been thinking recently that it'd be really nice to have a gentle, 'good news' type of tarot deck - something useful when a hopeful/loving and not particularly earth-shattering read is required/requested (that's what the other decks are for!).

I'm after something soft and possibly a bit whimsical - a little bit of quirk/character is fine but nothing too out of the box.

I've enjoyed Shadowscapes - except I'm concerned the pictures will be too small for me to enjoy when using. I also kind of like the Joy de Vivre deck, except a few of the cards freak me out. I guess I'm after something even a 5-yr-old girl would enjoy :)

Any suggestions?

** currently using RWS (Standard) and The Fountain Tarot

Last edited by tealily : 02-11-2015 at 01:22 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:13 PM
55Degrees

I'd suppose it depends how gentle you really want to go
I like the Victorian Fairy tarot, by Lunaea Weatherstone and Gary A. Lippincott. That's as gentle as I'd go with tarot.
Osho Zen is also quite gentle in a spiritual way( (it makes you think), it's not so good for 'real life' issues though.
For cotton candy covered rainbows (I can't believe I'm recommending this ) Doreen Virtue's Fairy Tarot according to the reviews, but I'm not a fan of pretending bad things never happen.

I know you don't really used oracles but you may consider John Holland's Psychic Tarot for the Heart Oracle. It is based on the tarot structurE, having Majors and Minors and a 4 suit system but it has no Court cards. It does, however, have 6 chakra cards. It's an easy to read deck, especially as it is so tarot based.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:35 PM
Master

Doreen Virtue - no, just no, but thank you for typing out that line because it made me laugh

Just had a closer look at Victorian Fairy Tarot - heading in right ballpark but not really my aesthetic, plus (at this stage) having card backs that have a clear 'up' weird me out because I love having no idea what the card is prior to reaching for it.

Looked at Osho Zen and the John Holland oracle - again, the aesthetic isn't what I'm looking for :(

Things I appear to like: Muted colours, soft lines, and a dream-like quality. Hrmm.

So when you said before that Shadowscapes has teeny cards, how tiny?

Otherwise I'm currently looking at Oracle of the Mermaids by Lucy Cavendish and Selena Fenech :O Thoughts/opinions/reviews? (riding principle here is purely that I look at it and feel like I "get" it. It has a non-reversible card deck though, but I might have to compromise on that)
Old 02-11-2015, 01:45 PM
Master

Have you got Wildwood tarot??
Old 02-11-2015, 01:48 PM
Master

I've got a few Doreen Virtue on my phone - it works when I want to give myself a kick up the btm.

- Angel Therapy
- Archangel Oracle Cards
- Heal Angels
- Romance Angels

They are so saccharine they make me want to vom and then i feel better.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:51 PM
Master

re: Wildwood Tarot - Just googled it. LOVE some of the cards (SMILING FOX! I SAW A SMILING FOX!) but a number of the majors freak me out :'(

Quote:
They are so saccharine they make me want to vom and then i feel better.
HAHAHAHA

Currently looking at Joy de Vivre tarot again and working through card-by-card images. It's busier than I'm used to working with and there's still the odd card that jars with me. I really like it's Hanging Man though, had a bit of a game-changing moment when I saw it earlier today.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:33 PM
55Degrees

Visually stunning Wisdom of the Oracle by Colette Baron Reid https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=wi...FcrvcgodolgCqw

It's on my 'next to get' list.

Shadowscapes are 2.75 X 4.5 inch (standard Llewellyn deck size), the cards have a slight border, however, there is so much tiny detail in the cards that they can be hard to see clearly.
If you have access to the app version too it makes them a lot easier to read.

Re: Victorian Fairy, if I feel a card needs reversing, I just do it. I take no notice of the back image on decks (so yah boo Llewellyn you can't catch me out )
Old 02-11-2015, 02:46 PM
Master

@ Pisces MoonOH MY GOSH THAT DECK I LOVE IT

New question: What should I expect if transitioning over to oracles from Tarot?

(you know, when you said in a reading ages ago that I'd be going way out of my comfort zone with my next deck, I 100% never considered that I'd be entertaining the thought of buying an oracle deck!)
Old 02-11-2015, 02:53 PM
Master

I've got wisdom of the hidden realms by her on my phone!!

It's good fun for getting familiar and practicising.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:08 PM
55Degrees

Transitioning hmm.
With tarot, think of your intuition as if it is in an art class, you are following a curriculum, learning from other artists style, methods and mediums

Oracles are like buying an easel, canvas, paints, pencils and pens, and just taking your intuition to the park to paint whatever and however it wants, it's totally yours. It's your depiction, your expression, your interpretation. Yes they come with guide books, but, the first word says it all its a guide, not set in stone that this certain card must encompass this concept.

And if all else fails, usually the guidebook contains a positive message or affirmation. The Kuan Yin Oracle has meditations, healing messages, mantras and prayers. It's stunning and excellent for healing work, but not really good for divination. But it may be worth a look.