Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 27-02-2014, 10:03 PM
Experiencer

Are tarot card readings in the moment or do they mean your whole life?

Do tarot readings mainly focus on your current situation? or is it mapped out for your whole life? (in that situation). I have a real hard time making friends etc. So my friend did a reading pertaining to love and she used the dream come true deck and the 'potential outcome/desired outcome was that id end up alone and learn to deal etc, then recently I did a spread with the same question about love, but it wasn't dream come true spread. It was just a guidance spread on how to get out there and meet a potential love interest/partner I got the outcome card as I will end up alone and learn to deal with it. I really hope this doesn't happen, Is it possible to change an outcome? I do have anxiety/low self esteem/ etc I'm shy, I don't know if its because Im too scared to come out of my shell. Is it possible for me to change the outcome?
Old 27-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Neville

I tend to view them as a snapshot because life is a series of many different episodes and plot lines.
Old 28-02-2014, 01:01 AM
kimtsan

Hello again (saw your other post). Of course you can change the outcome! :) Tarot card readings are never absolute. I think you should try a chakra spread...it's a great spread for self-discovery and getting to the bottom of things. I understand what you're going through because I went through the exact same thing. For years I did not have any close friends save for two, and I was always scared of the crowd because I felt the world was staring at me and judging me all the time. Once I figured out what was causing my social anxieties, I felt much more empowered and I was ready to take action to improve my situation.

And I think the fact that you made two posts about this issue shows how worried about that potential outcome becoming the reality. I think you do want change! I don't want to sound condescending, but getting in touch with the root of your emotions really helps. At least, that's what helped me move forward from my socially awkwardness and step out of my shell. Maybe it'll be different for you. Either way, I hope you can find the confidence to not afraid to simply be yourself. Only you can set yourself free. <3
Old 28-02-2014, 02:51 PM
Pamuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
I tend to view them as a snapshot because life is a series of many different episodes and plot lines.
This is how I see it . In my experience it gives you what is at this monment, and if things remain the same it gives a likely outcome. You cannot predict the future, you and others around you have the ability to change. The cards helps you to see and understand what you are unable to see or do not want to see. This gives you the choice to change or enhance that outome. It is not the reading that predicts the outcome,it is what you do with the information that the cards give to you that determines your outcome.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:22 AM
LadyTerra

"Always in motion the future is." Yoda

You could meet the man of your dreams (tomorrow) then spend the next 30 years (together) standing beside each other through thick and thin.

One day he could pass away and (then) you would--"end-up alone and learn to deal with it.".

The Tarot has many different layers and just because you are told you will end-up alone--doesn't mean you won't experience an amazing adventure--in the meantime.

Peace and Love on your path to discovering your destiny...

Blessed be...
Old 31-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by memo20
Do tarot readings mainly focus on your current situation? or is it mapped out for your whole life? (in that situation). I have a real hard time making friends etc. So my friend did a reading pertaining to love and she used the dream come true deck and the 'potential outcome/desired outcome was that id end up alone and learn to deal etc, then recently I did a spread with the same question about love, but it wasn't dream come true spread. It was just a guidance spread on how to get out there and meet a potential love interest/partner I got the outcome card as I will end up alone and learn to deal with it. I really hope this doesn't happen, Is it possible to change an outcome? I do have anxiety/low self esteem/ etc I'm shy, I don't know if its because Im too scared to come out of my shell. Is it possible for me to change the outcome?

If you put it into the universe that you won't find a loving partner, then you won't. But the key right now is to love yourself. Have you ever tried a Love & Beauty spell? They work wonders. It's a way for you to ask the universe to help you love yourself. Once you love yourself, you will find love.

Tarot shows you what could happen. Nothing is carved in stone. You create your own destiny. Stop thinking in terms of "ever" and if you do another reading, ask questions in increments of 1-3 months or 3-6 months. A lot can change in a short period of time!
Old 28-04-2014, 02:22 PM
Uncle Fester

re: all your life or the moment ?

To coin a phrase "you never step into the same river twice" means that however many times you ask the same question and pull different cards and or outcome etc is because the cards are picking up on our moods- intentions -even influences around you- or eve further a field etc ,this being the case they will sometimes give you totally different outcome tosame question and I'M AFFRAID BEING ABLE TO SEE CLEAR OF THAT takes a long time learning tarot some say it takes your whole life and even then youre still learning! So in short give yourself a break dont be too hard on yourself...

They will pick up on the frame of mind youre in when you ask and the 5th 6th and 10th position in a celtic cross for example will show you likely outcome if you follow that path but ask in a different mood 2o min later and youll get different outcome...so its not set in stone... its saying look this is likely if you act in this way etc.However some major cards are said more to represent fate , destiny etc.Check out the wheel of fortune in Rider Waite for even more ambiguity !!!
Old 28-04-2014, 02:45 PM
Master
Quote:

Yes, definitely. Our future is not carved in stone because there are so many different variables involved. One choice could change the outcome of a situation.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:26 AM
Raina

Agreed.

I use them as part of my wholistic toolbox for guidance, and it provides awesome guidance on a spiritual and practical level in the moment. They alone do not direct my entire life, among many ways of guidance/knowledge.

However they mean a great deal to my life; my Nana read for over 40 years, and since my birth we have had a close bond. She shared her deck with me when I was 15 but didn't start reading everyday until my best friend gave me a deck 7 years ago.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:37 AM
Kamila

:)

Quote:
Couldn't hv said it better