Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-04-2023, 01:54 PM
Master

Hey Sky that is so funny you mentioning that ladder because I have used that idea about me and my life for years now.

I’ve always felt that life is like a ladder where we are all moving upwards to self realisation/God/e lightenment etc. some of us are on the top rungs like Gandhi, mother Theresa etc and some of us are on the bottom such as criminals, rapists etc and the rest of us are somewhere in between. Every time we evolve and learn and grow we make a move up to the next rung and be with people of the same vibrations. Some of us move up many rungs in one lifetime some just get stuck on the same rung and never move.

This is helpful for me personally when you face a situation with someone who you have been friends with for years and then all of a sudden you don’t seem to have anything in common with but you know deep down you have to let go and move on. You feel sad and a bit guilty but you KNOW deep down that you can’t do this anymore and if you are going to evolve then you must do it.

Has anyone else experienced this or maybe see it in a different way, I would love to hear your comments.

Another way of viewing this is trying to be friends with someone in primary school when you are in high school. Your not better your just different.

MISS H you state the most important thing to God is attentiveness and continual exercise of love for him.

I don’t doubt what you say as I can see that you have had many experiences regarding this subject but for me personally I just can’t be attentive or loving towards something/someone who I have no idea if it really exists and if it does exist then what is it.

I have some ideas about what it is but no experience of it so how can I love it.

No offence meant here at all. Just wondering about it.
Old 19-04-2023, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
MISS H you state the most important thing to God is attentiveness and continual exercise of love for him.

I don’t doubt what you say as I can see that you have had many experiences regarding this subject but for me personally
I just can’t be attentive or loving towards something/someone who I have no idea
if it really exists and if it does exist then what is it.

I have some ideas about what it is but no experience of it so how can I love it.
Exactly!!! This is something I've written about often!
Not many people realize this simple thing! Many love an idea, old stories that inspire them, even what they hope is true.
You can not truly love something that you do not even know! Right.
Maybe I can find an old thread of mine on this. Or maybe I don't need to, ha!
PS actually St. John was stating it...but I do agree with him.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-04-2023, 02:22 PM
Earth hath no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal.
St. Thomas Moore

St. John Bosco—Walk with your feet on earth, but in your heart be in heaven.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-04-2023, 02:58 PM
Molearner

Symbolically heaven is sitting at the Lord’s Table. Jeremiah 31:31-34….shortened…”The time is coming when I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more….” If God does not remember that means those sins are expunged…..neither we or God will have any sins to remember. The one sitting next to you at the table might have been your worst enemy…your nightmare…..but you will have no memory of that. Both he and you are new and interesting people…..😊😊. The ones that fed on fear will no longer have a perception of fear, sin or judgement……
Old 19-04-2023, 07:50 PM
Master
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12

This is helpful for me personally when you face a situation with someone who you have been friends with for years and then all of a sudden you don’t seem to have anything in common with

They do say 'Birds of a feather flock together' . You cannot have a close friendship with another if who have nothing in common. It has happened to me also so I know what your talking about, you sort of grow out of one another and it's best to go your seperate ways as you can both hold each other back. Sometimes you do find yourselves on the same ' Rung' after the separation and the friendship can be rekindled this also has happened in my life. Time will tell and nobody should feel guilty, its life....
Old 20-04-2023, 05:38 AM
Master

Thanks Sky I’m glad someone understands where I’m coming from.

Yes your right we can rekindle things later on in some friendships and it’s a nice feeling as well.
Old 20-04-2023, 06:44 AM
A bit off topic because St Teresa of Avila had so many visions and that's why she is called a mystic, ha...
this is sort of heavenly and most don't know it....in this vision Jesus said to her:

''I would create the universe again just to hear you say that you love me''.

Old 20-04-2023, 07:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
''I would create the universe again just to hear you say that you love me''.

A hopeless romantic!

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 20-04-2023, 11:13 AM
Master

Miss H God sounds a bit insecure from that statement he made. Lol
Old 20-04-2023, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
A hopeless romantic!
Yes, that is how I see it, also.