Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-04-2023, 07:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
But the apple was nice !!!!

Trust you to enjoy that which was forbidden
Old 18-04-2023, 11:46 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Trust you to enjoy that which was forbidden
No fun otherwise !!!!
( But an apple is one thing, murder is another ....)
Old 18-04-2023, 06:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
No fun otherwise !!!!
( But an apple is one thing, murder is another ....)

This is Alexander Woollcott’s story about the Mr. Frank Rand of St. Louis who in the interest of his girth was lunching on bouillon cubes and undressed lettuce:

“Do you eat that stuff because you like it?” someone asked Rand.
“No, I hate it,” he replied. “But it seems as if anything I like is either illegal or immoral or fattening.”
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 18-04-2023, 07:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
“Do you eat that stuff because you like it?” someone asked Rand. “No, I hate it,” he replied. “But it seems as if anything I like is either illegal or immoral or fattening.”

I don't think any of that is a coincidence. Why does sugar taste good and raw cabbage or arugula bad? The better something tastes, the more pleasure it adds, the worse it is for you. Of course some may cook vegetables and add dressings etc to make them taste good.

Spirituality I think has a lot to do with will power, not letting the body control you, having mastery over pleasure and not having pleasure have mastery over you.

Morality, spirituality, and all of that. Living in harmony with all. Like you see a shiny ring, "I want that!" Do you just steal it if given the opportunity? Why not? If there was no punishment, would everyone steal from others? A lot of people are doing that now days since a law was passed that makes stealing less than a certain amount now just a ticket or no punishment at all. So Walmarts are closing and many other stores as stealing is allowed now.

Or if someone is married and sees another. Do they pursue that if they will not get caught or have a punishment? But eating a lot of sugar foods and not eating foods that are good for you and taste bad, yea you can't really get away with that. But then maybe you say I will be 600 pounds, I don't care. So you do get away with it in a sense. My father ate ice cream and drank soda everyday of his life. Sure he had a triple bi-pass but he didn't care. When he was all healed from that he went back to eating ice cream and drinking soda everyday.

Will power to do the moral thing, the right thing, that harms or hurts nobody else or yourself. I think that is a spiritual trait or thing. To be able to deny pleasure if it causes harm to oneself or others. That's like people who have jobs where they make things that harm others like chemicals or pesticides. Where is their spirituality or morals? It's amazing how immoral someone will be to get money.

Eat horrible tasting food that is good for you and if you are poor, just accept that and never steal. You will have riches and supreme pleasures in heaven!
Old 18-04-2023, 08:23 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy

Eat horrible tasting food that is good for you and if you are poor, just accept that and never steal. You will have riches and supreme pleasures in heaven!

Perhaps we can learn to redefine pleasure…..I certainly hope so….
Old 19-04-2023, 05:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I don't think any of that is a coincidence. Why does sugar taste good and raw cabbage or arugula bad?

I enjoy raw vegetables, especially cabbage
Old 19-04-2023, 05:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Perhaps we can learn to redefine pleasure…..I certainly hope so….

The Philosphy of Epicurus is interesting Mo....
Old 19-04-2023, 01:57 PM
Master

The philosophy of Epicurus I feel is pretty spot on. iMO