Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-04-2023, 10:48 AM
Master

SKY. I totally agree with your comments.
Old 13-04-2023, 06:35 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Paul writes in Galatians 6:4, “Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself.”

Paul seems to understand...... It's how we use our 'Pride' not 'Pride' itself that causes the problems.Imo.

Sky,

Thanks for providing a verse that lauds pride. The completion of that verse is a qualifier….”without comparing himself to somebody else”. The most common use of pride nearly always has comparison implied in mind. Proud of my country, my children, my team, my church, etc. The genuine pride of this verse is pride in your higher and divine Self. It is achieving a potential that is surprising to you…it is affirmation that you are on the right track. If there is any comparison it is only to yourself.

We are reminded in the creation story that whatever God created He could say that he saw that it was good. It was definitely not in comparison to what anyone else had created. I would think that great artists would have this same self satisfaction….pride. They judge it good without anticipation of what others might think. The most real competition is that with ourselves…..
Old 13-04-2023, 07:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Sky,

Thanks for providing a verse that lauds pride. The completion of that verse is a qualifier….”without comparing himself to somebody else”.

Yes you can have pride without comparing yourself to others, it's not 'Pride' that causes the problems as I said previously, it's how you use it.....

2 Cor. 7:4....
"Great is my confidence in you; great is my pride in you; I am filled with encouragement; in all our troubles my joy overflows."
Paul seems to know how to use His pride to benefit others....
Old 14-04-2023, 05:23 AM
Master

SKY:

it's not 'Pride' that causes the problems as I said previously, it's how you use it.....

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Spot on!!!
Old 14-04-2023, 06:42 AM
Master
Just a small question. Can one 'use' pride? Either you are proud or you are not. How does 'using' it step in?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 14-04-2023, 06:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Just a small question. Can one 'use' pride? Either you are proud or you are not. How does 'using' it step in?

It sounds like a type of detachment from your pride....instead of it being you, it is what you have.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 14-04-2023, 06:57 AM
Master

I think it's good to be proud and have pride , but I feel it's wrong to use that to a degree that one thinks they are better than others .
Old 14-04-2023, 07:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
It sounds like a type of detachment from your pride....instead of it being you, it is what you have.

It's in our 'Tool box', use it with care when it's needed.
Old 14-04-2023, 07:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
I think it's good to be proud and have pride , but I feel it's wrong to use that to a degree that one thinks they are better than others .

Yes I agree 100%.....
Old 14-04-2023, 09:17 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Yes I agree 100%.....
Whatever.... I'm better than you by a mile !!!!!

Ahhhhhh but it's true.
All equal . And within that equality we can be proud .
We are all equal.
I actually feel sorry for the ones among us that have no sense of pride ....