Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 21-02-2023, 07:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
I've always "visualised " you as a guitarist !!

My husband bought me a keyboard a few years ago and I taught myself to play "my immortal" and "o holy night" ( with 2 hands).

Thanks for the nice post. I'm going to go all philosophical and poetic here I can feel it coming on hahaha. No, firstly we are all instruments of life and of the divine.
Well perhaps it would be better to say we are potentially. We ourselves are the instruments, pianos guitars and tubas etc. etc. are outward and physical expressions of the music inside us.
Well that has been my experience so far on the journey.

I came across a jazz guitarist in his 90s the other day and he said he is practicing alot and the interviewer said why ? He said because I'm trying to get better !

Hope you are well and enjoying your walking, the weather is expected to get a little colder over the next couple of days but nothing drastic.

This song came up the otherday on my internal jukebox, wowww so wistful,
very dreamlike, full of drugs and crazy messages but at least they had a message, alot of folks didn't fancy getting blown to pieces in some foreign field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I0vkKy504U

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 21-02-2023, 07:38 AM
Master

Oh I LOVE this song Joe, and I love the video too..... It's so "ME" LOL...
Flower power... Ban the bomb...peace...make love not war...
Free love ... Marches... Protests ....festivals ....
I was never meant to live in a house and work a normal job. I'm too much of a free spirit , a hippy or Romany are more my style!!
I don't go walking any more... Can't breathe LOL.
Beach only 100 yards away at end of street , but years since I walked on it.

Do you like Joan baez, she was on Tele other night ...( Bob Dylan's "friend" and singing buddy .
Old 21-02-2023, 12:21 PM
Master

Hey AngelBLue was so surprised to hear somebody mention Joan Baez. I had all her LPs in the seventies. I used to love Long Black Veil and Angelina. Also a mad Dylan fan as well. Ooooo those were the days hey!

Do you remember Buffy Saint Marie as well. Loved her stuff.
Old 21-02-2023, 01:27 PM
Master

Hi RED ....
Joan has such a beautiful , pure voice ...effortless.
Although it's mainly my husband and one of the kids that are the massive Dylan/Baez/ Morrissey fans.
My hubby loved woody Guthrie too who was a big inspiration to Dylan...
I've not heard of the other lady. I will have to look her up..
Old 21-02-2023, 07:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Oh I LOVE this song Joe, and I love the video too..... It's so "ME" LOL...Flower power... Ban the bomb...peace...make love not war...
Free love ... Marches... Protests ....festivals ....I was never meant to live in a house and work a normal job. I'm too much of a free spirit , a hippy or Romany are more my style!! Do you like Joan baez, she was on Tele other night ...( Bob Dylan's "friend" and singing buddy .

Yes she was on the other night, great voice. Must be nice living by the
Sea ! Hippies ! lol...The electricity was turned off this morning at 9.20 just as I was about to reply to you and didn't come back till 5.30 .
...making repairs but never told anyone hmmm .. very nice of them

__________________________________________________ ____

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Last edited by Joe Mc : 22-02-2023 at 07:00 AM.
Old 22-02-2023, 07:33 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Yes she was on the other night, great voice. Must be nice living by the
Sea ! Hippies ! lol...The electricity was turned off this morning at 9.20 just as I was about to reply to you and didn't come back till 5.30 .
...making repairs but never told anyone hmmm .. very nice of them

__________________________________________________ ____
LOL.... And that's why it better to be a hippy/ traveller/ free spirit/woodnymph ...
Don't have to deal with the idiots that cut you off with no notice LOL......
Oh yes, wonderful to have the beach as my back garden. That's why I moved here .

The sea is so magical . It is "music" all by itself !.
( Would be even better if it was the Indian Ocean and I lived on a private exotic island , but beggars can't be choosers and so the North sea will have to suffice LOL ..)
Old 22-02-2023, 09:31 AM
Master

Quote:
LOL.... And that's why it better to be a hippy/ traveller/ free spirit/woodnymph ...Don't have to deal with the idiots that cut you off with no notice LOL......Oh yes, wonderful to have the beach as my back garden. That's why I moved here . The sea is so magical . It is "music" all by itself !.
( Would be even better if it was the Indian Ocean and I lived on a private exotic island , but beggars can't be choosers and so the North sea will have to suffice LOL ..)

Indeed, ah the Sea is beautiful to put it simply but it is many many things and above all the Sea is mysterious as is life. I was watching yacht videos awhile back, sailing around the world and all of that on small boats, very calming. I'm a water sign so could be that but horoscopes are a bit more complicated. I don't know alot about astrology though.

__________________________________________________ _________

Old 22-02-2023, 10:54 AM
Master

Ah so you are either pisces , cancer or scorpio. my gut feeling is pisces closely followed by cancer but not Scorpio.
The sea is to be respected . Lots of my family were trawlerman , some lost ..

Where I live the music and bells are heard from villages lost to coastal erosion over the decades and can be heard when the wind blows.
Old 23-02-2023, 06:24 AM
Master

Quote:
Ah so you are either pisces , cancer or scorpio. my gut feeling is pisces closely followed by cancer but not Scorpio.
The sea is to be respected . Lots of my family were trawlerman , some lost ..

Where I live the music and bells are heard from villages lost to coastal erosion over the decades and can be heard when the wind blows.

Yes a Piscean, but seems as though my Sun is in Scorpio, I've checked that a couple of times but could be wrong, seem to possess all the Piscean traits.
RIP to all Trawlermen and people lost at Sea. What sign are you yourself or is that a secret ? Astrology is not everybody's cup of tea.

__________________________________________________ __________

Old 23-02-2023, 07:07 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Yes a Piscean, but seems as though my Sun is in Scorpio, I've checked that a couple of times but could be wrong, seem to possess all the Piscean traits.
RIP to all Trawlermen and people lost at Sea. What sign are you yourself or is that a secret ? Astrology is not everybody's cup of tea.

__________________________________________________ __________
Thank you for that tribute to all lost at sea.

I KNEW you were piscean, it shines out of you like a beacon, and I would even go as far as to say you are march not February.
Oh I couldn't possibly tell you my star sign, it's top secret , but let's just say I've got this over-whelming "urge" to burst into song and clobber out "Born Free ".... ( You know from that film all about a "Lion" LOL....)