Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 10-08-2022, 11:44 PM
Experiencer

Iconography Tantra

I'm trying to find Hindu Tantra practices that are Iconograph like Buddhist Yidam practices. Are there Krishna practices that are like Buddhist Yidam practices? Where you meditate on the appearance of a Deity and absorb the Deity by meditating on the Deity being inside you and absorb the qualities?
Old 11-08-2022, 05:37 AM
Master

rituals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
I'm trying to find Hindu Tantra practices that are Iconograph like Buddhist Yidam practices. Are there Krishna practices that are like Buddhist Yidam practices? Where you meditate on the appearance of a Deity and absorb the Deity by meditating on the Deity being inside you and absorb the qualities?
Basically religious rituals if imbibed with a spirit of dedication (rather than just done mechanically for some material gain ) can progress one in that direction.

Idol worship , shloka / mantra recitation , deity offerings all are part of such rituals.

If however you are looking for any specific Tantra practices , I am not having elaborate knowledge of it and someone more experienced can guide you better.
Old 20-08-2022, 01:11 AM
Experiencer

I'm looking for Hindu Deity Yoga. I'm having a hard time finding such practices. I was told that Deity Yoga exists in Buddhism, Hinduism, and Jainism. I'm more interested in Hindu Deity Yoga. I've been looking for books on the subject but I cannot find anything.