Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Tai Chi & Chi Gong

Old 30-04-2022, 01:58 PM
Master
I’m starting karate next week and been doing ti chi last two months.. I’m learning from YouTube ~ there’s not a lot of videos but the ones I’ve watched have been helpful!! Excited for karate.. doing the beginners course for a month then buying my suit on to full time.. that’s the plan.. help with confidence and really good to have a partner in karate than alone with ti chi !!

How the practice going? Still helpful?

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 30-04-2022, 02:25 PM
Master

I stopped doing tai chi tbh. It wasn’t for me. Hope you enjoy karate.

Much kindness,

CW
Old 28-11-2022, 05:46 PM
Pathfinder
In our dojo my teacher trains us with Kung Fu for one hour, then Tai Chi one hour. Then Qi gong in another day. The division is important.
The difference is that Kung Fu ignites the fire in you while Tai Chi is swimming in water. Both energies are essential both for mental-emotional balance and for martial arts and fighting.
Qi gong is for purification of energies, also good, but I think it's important you divide it in your mind so you can have a clear mental understanding, a map, of what is what so you can apply it as needed, when needed. Mixing it all up will rob you of basics. Your friend, it sounds is already familiar and trained, so he can combine them because he knows the basics.

Edit: Oh, didn't see your said you stopped.
Old 28-11-2022, 05:53 PM
Master

Hey Tal M.,

Thank you for the clarification! That’s really helpful! And don’t worry about that I stopped. I have my own practices which work for other things. But nothing like this.

Kind regards CW
Old 31-01-2024, 04:05 PM
Nobody 444

I enjoyed your post very much. You said little but I know. You reminded me of my first time I began. Oh, it was hard. I was so tight my body ached afterwards. I am sorry I think I should have said I believe it ached. I believe. when I started my work, I believe it was hard and very tough. I sometimes had to stop as well. I believe that the best thing I learned to do is not be worried about anything in the movements of Tai Chi. In fact, I believe it was taught to me that the actual names and movements are never important.

I think when you just move it is better than thinking about it, but I do not know. I would say I believe I am doing Tia Chi right now while I am writing this. I think. Tai Chi, Qigong all of it is amazing I believe, and it helped me in so many ways. I think you are on the right path for healing and understanding but cannot be sure.

Love you very much. Thank You for reminding me of something from long ago I believe it made it made me smile.
Old 31-01-2024, 04:37 PM
Master

That is literally the loveliest thing Ive heard in a long while. Thanks 444.. I needed that.

Kind regards,

CW