Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 23-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Lavender

Endometriosis

I've had Endometriosis for almost ten years now. I've fought it off with no symptoms with hormonal birth control but now my Catholic insurance wont cover my medication so I'm probably going to have to go off it.

I need to manage it some other way. I've read some of Dr. Weil's holistic lifestyle and diet methods but I've read personal stories of people who stopped HBC and they wound up having symptoms that were much worse and for some it had gotten so bad they could only fix it with surgery.

I'm a celiac as well so I don't eat any gluten, soy, or dairy. I also try to stick to an anti inflammatory diet already because I have another auto immune disease.

Anyone have any success without birth control?
Old 23-03-2014, 10:27 PM
Master
many women who suffer from candida overgrowth also have endemetriosis. birth control pills are top of the list for causing yeast infections. maybe try the anti candida diet.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 24-03-2014, 01:09 AM
Lavender

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecta3
many women who suffer from candida overgrowth also have endemetriosis. birth control pills are top of the list for causing yeast infections. maybe try the anti candida diet.

Mmm, I don't really have yeast infections ever though so it's not really a concern. I also don't consume much yeast as a celiac. Birth control is the best medicine I've ever had, I just can't afford it because the medical system here sucks.

I'm more concerned about the pain and if anyone has had pain free results from relying on more holistic approaches.
Old 24-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Master
birth control pills can act similarly to antibiotics. they do this by making you acidic--think chlorine to kill germs in the kitchen, same thing. yeast, microbes etc will die in this environment but they'll be back as soon as you stop because they like a mildly acidic environment (the body should be slightly alkaline) and mildly acidic is what occurs when you stop taking the meds. same as folk with M.E. generally feel better on antibiotics but there just more toxic, which may lessen alot of symptons but they'll never recover on them because its destroyed their mucus membrane and can lead to more serious complications eventually. perhaps thats good for them. yeast infections can be system wide and not even visually noticeble though i doubt its really deep.. 95% of people supposedly have candida as it lives in the colon because it likes the mildly acidic envirnment. if the body becomes slightly acidic through diet, meds, sugar then it migrates. the best way to find out is to do the diet (candida diet) and if you improve then it was potentially a problem. yeast foods don't cause candida, per se, they're just difficult to process for some folk which can further add to low immunity and so candida gets a foothold.

in my exerience there is nothing that can act as quickly on pain as the healthpoint electro-acupuncture device. in this week ive treated mother and son with it, as they both coincidentally wrenched their backs (although mother was liver and spleen too i think) and both were pain free in minutes when previously grimacing.

do you ever suffer from ibs, indigestion, acid reflux etc, when stopping the pills? all could be summat else though.

The Link Between Candida and Endometriosis
http://natural-fertility-info.com/li...metriosis.html

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 25-03-2014, 05:43 PM
VisionQuest

Red Clover , Oona PMS 1 and Oona PMS 2 , Chasteberry, Yogi Womans Time tea , an alkaline diet , Organic fruits and vegetables , meditation, Epson salt baths 4-10 lbs salt, exercise, Real Milk(Organic Raw) , Real butters and cheeses. Prayer and Forgive ALL ~

Dr. Fuhrman has some good books to help.

Takes time, effort, persistence~
Old 26-03-2014, 01:02 PM
Lavender

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionQuest
Red Clover , Oona PMS 1 and Oona PMS 2 , Chasteberry, Yogi Womans Time tea , an alkaline diet , Organic fruits and vegetables , meditation, Epson salt baths 4-10 lbs salt, exercise, Real Milk(Organic Raw) , Real butters and cheeses. Prayer and Forgive ALL ~

Dr. Fuhrman has some good books to help.

Takes time, effort, persistence~

Thanks for the help, I'll have to skip the Raw Milk though, I had that one time and got horribly sick.
Old 13-01-2022, 04:02 AM
Pathfinder

Following this post.
Old 13-01-2022, 04:28 AM
Ascender

There's generic birth control that's pretty inexpensive and the GoodRx has discounts. Have you talked to your doctor about the generic equivalent?
Old 16-03-2022, 11:15 AM
Seeker

Jumping onto this thread late and I also have endometriosis. I am not on any hormones or medication for it.

The best thing I did for it was to lose weight (I was a little bit overweight but nothing too serious). This reduced my pain by around 70%. I'm now at a healthy-lower end of the BMI scale, aiming to get to a lower body fat percentage as this is also meant to help. Obviously this isn't for everyone but thought I'd share just in case.

I recently did the low FODMAP diet to try to unpick some of my food triggers. I was surprised to find I was sensitive to things like orange juice and potatoes.

I have exceptionally heavy periods so am definitely interested in hearing any natural remedies! I used to be on mefanamic acid and tranexamic acid but had to stop taking them as my stomach was being destroyed. Now i get very very bad nausea every time I have my period.

I'm trying raspberry leaf tea for this cycle and also am looking into shepherd's purse. I drink lots of ginger tea too.
Old 13-08-2022, 07:04 PM
Pathfinder

I am extremely skinny so I am not sure if endometriosis is due to weight. It started immediately after my delivery and never went back to normal.