Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 06-06-2014, 05:32 PM
Master
Having sadness feelings, is that part of smoking withdraws?? I still have not quit completely, I been having one every morning but its hard, I still miss my smoking time thru the day and evening. I count the hours so that I can smoke that morning cigarette. I don't think I'm depressed, its just a sadness feeling. I mean I was feeling fine yesterday, i'f is associated with smoking, I'm domed!
Old 06-06-2014, 10:47 PM
Master

Yes, the sadness is part of the process. Your psyche will do anything to break your resolve to quit. Including changing your moods so you will surrender and start up again. Hang in there.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:11 PM
Master
I'm doing my best linen53! I don't feel so depress now, but I just got the stomach flu for the past 3 days and I still feel horrible. Plus dealing with kids not easy. I don't know how I have don't it.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Master
Do or Die...

I tried my first ciggy when I was about eight... Father found out and said: "Don't do that again until you leave school ~ or else"... It was the unknown factor within 'or else' that did the trick at that time...

Starting at the age of fifteen (and one day) I smoked unabated until the early seventies, when I stopped: to save up for some camera equipment...

That lasted for seven years, then, for some unavoidable reason (that being marital) I started again: such going on (and off for the occasional month or so) until I reached the age of 76... That's when I was told that I might lose one of my limbs unless I stopped... That was three years ago and I've never had a ciggy, from that day to this... Fancied one? Yes. Succumb? Not on your Nellie (as they say)....

It's a good incentive that's needed ~ the 'do or die' factor: being one of the best...
Old 10-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinski78
I tried my first ciggy when I was about eight... Father found out and said: "Don't do that again until you leave school ~ or else"... It was the unknown factor within 'or else' that did the trick at that time...

Starting at the age of fifteen (and one day) I smoked unabated until the early seventies, when I stopped: to save up for some camera equipment...

That lasted for seven years, then, for some unavoidable reason (that being marital) I started again: such going on (and off for the occasional month or so) until I reached the age of 76... That's when I was told that I might lose one of my limbs unless I stopped... That was three years ago and I've never had a ciggy, from that day to this... Fancied one? Yes. Succumb? Not on your Nellie (as they say)....

It's a good incentive that's needed ~ the 'do or die' factor: being one of the best...

Welcome to the group Robinski78!!! To some people that's what it takes to quit, thanks for sharing, interesting story! My father suffered from asthma and one day he got a severe asthma attack, thank God I was there with him, it almost took his life, since that day he stop smoking after 30 years of smoking he quit like nothing and never smoke one ever since.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:11 PM
Master
Why do I feel like I invaded this thread!?, sorry Tridek! Hope your doing good by the way!
Old 11-06-2014, 04:29 PM
Tsuga

On Craving

Smoking cigarettes hits you right where you live - in the trachea. Is it any wonder that the very act of breathing is indistinguishable from craving!

Fact: craving will only last for approximately 2 minutes. So stick it out!

A friend once told me that when a person develops a smoking habit they create a tiny pool of tar within the body. This pool of tar must be constantly replenished, because when the tar dries up that's when the craving starts.
I don't know if this is true or not, but a logical idea all the same.

The ideal remedy for craving is not nicotine substitutes like patches or chewing gum, but from natural chemicals. Believe me when I say that when one can supply the heart with air oxygen delivered from higher parts of the lungs then the brain will reject nicotine in favour of the healthier supply.

It feels good! What more can I say.

t.
Old 15-06-2014, 02:04 AM
Master
Today I did horrible, I smoked a lot and I'm not happy with myself. I'm hoping to be stronger tomorrow and to go back to only smoking one, so will see. Stressful day.
Old 15-06-2014, 05:11 PM
Tsuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by deyheaven1979
Today I did horrible, I smoked a lot and I'm not happy with myself. I'm hoping to be stronger tomorrow and to go back to only smoking one...

Too bad matey.

t.
Old 19-06-2014, 01:41 AM
Master
Well I'm back on track and I have a good feeling this time. I been a good girl and have manage to smoke one in the morning, and I been having NO cravings at all during day time (that's a big step for me). I also stop eating meat too and I feel now that I have more control of myself, it actually feels good!