Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 07-05-2014, 07:29 AM
Knower
Wanna get your silver clean try comet or Ajax. I make a paste with a bit if water and dip a rag in it. I've done this with silver jewelry too.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:37 AM
iza

Not actually a household tip but I thought I'd share.

Splinter in your finger? Use a sticky tape like sellotape (scotch tape) on the splinter to pull it out.

Water in your ear after swimming? Drip a wee bit of water into your ear - when you hear it "catch" turn your head and let the water drip out. If it doesn't work, try again. Works like a charm everytime.
Old 17-06-2014, 02:15 PM
Master

n I buy leaf lettuce I cut the brown part of the bottom stem where it was cut from the plant. When that stem turns brown, it acts like a scab. Cutting the stem allow the lettuce to absorb more water.

Then I fill up a large bucket or my sink with water and "soak" the lettuce for about 2 hours in water. This will extend the life of your lettuce for another week or more.

I also do it with bell peppers. Again cut off exposed part of the stem so the bell peppers can absorb more water. Then soak.

Celery too. At the root, cut it as described before and soak. Sometimes when my celery has been in the frig for awhile it gets rubbery. I take it out and repeat the steps and soak and sometimes it will revive until I can get it used up.
Old 17-06-2014, 02:21 PM
elisi

i haven't read the whole thread so this may be a repeat, but it's just me in my household so to keep a whole stock of celery from going bad, i immediately wash it and put it in water and stick in the fridge. lasts much longer than in the vegetable bin.

also, vinegar and water for windows.
Old 17-06-2014, 02:26 PM
Master

Sometimes it is hard to get motivated to do what needs to be done. I need a push to get started.

I start my "to-do list" the night before. I am less intimidated and I am careful I don't load that list up with so many things that I will feel overwhelmed to even start the day!
Old 26-06-2014, 12:13 AM
Master

These little pot stirrers really work! I use mine when I am cooking pastas. Haven't tried it with sauces yet. They are called Robostir and available just about everywhere online.