Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 01-03-2014, 09:51 AM
Master
A cooking tip the women in my family have used over the years:

When a soup or any stewy meal turned out a bit too salty, they would add one whole ( peeled) potato and let simmer a few minutes. It is said that potaoes absorb the excess salt.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Ascender
Use cola to clean the toilet

just put ½a litter cola down and let it stay there over the night and then flush it out :)

Yours

A Peaceful Mind

Lao tzu - Tao Te Ching
Old 01-03-2014, 10:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A peaceful mind.
Use cola to clean the toilet

just put ½a litter cola down and let it stay there over the night and then flush it out :)

Yours

A Peaceful Mind

Interesting tip.. a must try.

The water in this region is beyond hard and tends to leave stains no matter how much one scrubs.

Cola is also excellent on rust.

If you the handles of your car door won't open due to freezing temps, then a squirt of rubbing
alcohol will do the trick.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:03 PM
Master

Ever have your brown sugar dry up and turn hard as a rock?

I always hear to take and put a piece of bread in the sugar to re-moisten it but I just cannot waste a piece of bread. Here's what I do.

Take a paper towel and wet it. Squeeze all the excess water out of it until it is semi dry. Place in your (hopefully air-tight) brown sugar container, and sit out on the counter over-night. The next day remove the paper towel and store as you usually do.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:30 PM
Master
Another medical tip, though it requires daily attention.
Many athletes monitor resting heart-rate before getting out of bed to start training. If it is, say above 60 pulses per second, they do not train, they rest instead. That is, they know that their body is either still recovering from yesterday's hard workout, or they are about to get ill (a cold/flu) if they exercise any further. This is how they avoid a cold, fatigue, burnout, etc.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Master
Household tip. I smear a little Vaseline on all my light-globe ends, before inserting into their electrical socket. It then becomes easy to unlock/unscrew later on.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:22 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor
Many athletes monitor resting heart-rate before getting out of bed to start training. If it is, say above 60 pulses per second, they do not train, they rest instead.
I don't know about rest - they should 'phone an ambulance!
Old 05-05-2014, 07:47 AM
Ecthalion

WHEN COOKING spaghetti, tie all the ends together. That way you can eat it in one long suck, eliminating the drudgery of washing up knives and forks.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:52 AM
Ecthalion

Drop gravel into your fuel tank so you can fill your car up for less at the petrol station.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:53 AM
Ecthalion

SAVE DOING unnecessary ironing by putting on your shirt and tucking it into your trousers. Then, draw a line around the shirt at belt level with an indelible marker pen. The material below this line will never need ironing, thus saving time and effort