Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 29-09-2020, 07:10 PM
Experiencer
Practicing Gratitude

I am finding much greater happiness by practicing gratitude - being grateful for all that I have rather than focusing on all that is lacking - and being grateful for all my experiences that have led me to this point in time - the good, the bad and the ugly.

I am currently unemployed and finances are very tight. It's COVID, and it's a very tough time overall.

But, generally speaking, I am grateful!

I have a roof over my head, I have food on the table and I have family and friends and loved ones who love me. What more does one really need in life?

When one is grateful, it opens up a world of joyful feelings and elation.

So, today and everyday, I am going to practice gratitude.
Old 29-09-2020, 11:45 PM
Master

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 30-09-2020, 01:13 AM
Experiencer

Yes, Isn't it lovely.....
Old 30-09-2020, 10:27 AM
Elfin

Another common thing shared !!!! I have been practising this for the last 5 years.. since my eyes were opened to reality. No matter what happens.. there are millions of people in the world that I would not trade places with.. and so therefore, I am always grateful for what I DO have, rather than what I don't. I think sometimes... And you are a classic example with your experiences... We learn , from bad times , to appreciate the good times, and realise, that despite everything we are much more fortunate than many, and are grateful for the opportunity to realise that. As I always say.... Even a beautiful flower needs the rainy , dark days , as well as the sunny , bright ones, in order to flourish.....
Old 30-09-2020, 11:24 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Another common thing shared !!!! I have been practising this for the last 5 years.. since my eyes were opened to reality. No matter what happens.. there are millions of people in the world that I would not trade places with.. and so therefore, I am always grateful for what I DO have, rather than what I don't. I think sometimes... And you are a classic example with your experiences... We learn , from bad times , to appreciate the good times, and realise, that despite everything we are much more fortunate than many, and are grateful for the opportunity to realise that. As I always say.... Even a beautiful flower needs the rainy , dark days , as well as the sunny , bright ones, in order to flourish.....

I'm beginning to think you're my long lost sister!!!

Agreed on all of the above!

Today and every day, I wish to be grateful. This is my new mantra!!!

Today, I am waking up with an incredible feeling of gratitude simply for being alive. It's my birthday, I've made it through some enormous challenges and trials and tribulations, and I am still standing tall smiling.
Old 30-09-2020, 11:30 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWater
I'm beginning to think you're my long lost sister!!!

Agreed on all of the above!

Today and every day, I wish to be grateful. This is my new mantra!!!

Today, I am waking up with an incredible feeling of gratitude simply for being alive. It's my birthday, I've made it through some enormous challenges and trials and tribulations, and I am still standing tall smiling.
HAPPY 50th...
Old 30-09-2020, 11:37 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
HAPPY 50th...

THANK YOU!!!

Old 30-09-2020, 11:58 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWater
THANK YOU!!!

You are welcome.... Have a lovely day.
Old 30-09-2020, 12:05 PM
Experiencer

YOU TOO, DEAR!!

Last edited by LoveWater : 30-09-2020 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-10-2020, 04:17 AM
Master
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜