Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 25-12-2010, 09:50 PM
mahakali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Guides, spirits, gods.. all dependable on the culture we live in, the beliefs we have, the desires we have. The mind has amazing powers. A Christian will ''experience'' a Jesus and a Hindu will ''experience'' a Krishna. It is obvious. In our age of globalisation and technology, we easily gain new information from other cultures. We might not fully accept the culture we were born in, but through modern media (and also books) can we become influenced by other cultures.
yes we become influenced or rather inspired by those who have done some footwork, but i do not believe everything i hear, trust me. that is my motto, nothing is only one way there are exceptions to every rule. you have seen my signature, really im no robot, being a skeptic is what lead me to quantum theory and to different philosophy's trust me babe, ill be damned if im a blindfolded evangelist teaching something ive not had very DIRECT experiences by.
Old 25-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahakali
if so would you forgive me? would you love me as a Buddha? your spirit certainly would. compassion has no end, no opinion, no conditions. the love is so universal and every feeling good or bad steams from it.
I can't tell, what matters is your life now.
Quote:
ill be damned if im a blindfolded evangelist teaching something ive not had very DIRECT experiences by.
And these direct experiences are directly or indirectly influenced by outer stimuli. Cultural elements, beliefs, desires, thoughts are stored up in our unconscious mind. The outer stimuli provide us with the raw material out of which we fashion our experiences.
Old 25-12-2010, 10:24 PM
mahakali

are you arguing that there is no spirit/spirits. or there are no entities without a body that exist by different means?
Old 25-12-2010, 10:50 PM
mahakali

well ill say this, in the beginning of my journey i was not into the metaphysical, i had no belief in spiritual things, i was turned onto quantum physics and started to explore with my mind, opening up all kinds of possibilities that inspired a kundalini awakening. now there was knowledge coming to me from an unknown source, i knew nothing of the term kundalini i knew nothing of religious philosophy. i started seeing spirits and communicating with them, miracle after miracle was happening to me so i decided to start learning more about spirituality. i had a knowledge inside that we are all gods, i had amazing realizations that came way before i discovered that others talked of it as well. after all my searching and even living in a monastery, i have come to the conclusion that the truth is within and no doctrine can tell you, it may inspire you, but you learn through your own realizations of it and through your own divine connection with the universe, its very personal. im not a vegetarian because a Buddhist precept says not to eat meat, i do it because it is obvious that an animal has a soul. i can see that and feel that looking into there divine eyes, i know that they are a god just like me. no one had to tell me that, i was a veg before i ever picked up a philosophy book and before i ever even knew that Buddhists were veg, before i even heard of quantum theory. when i was a little girl i cried over humans treating animals badly. i used to love my cats like i was one of them. we were connected. i knew we were all connected. heres the thing, someone can tell you something or instill in you something but unless it resonates with you on a spiritual level you will not realize it, it has to come from a source that is infinite, like love, is love directly or indirectly influenced by outer stimuli? does a mother cat need to know that love exists to love her kitten and feed it? my mom loves me because it was a part of her spirit to love.
Old 25-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Master
Quote:
are you arguing that there is no spirit/spirits. or there are no entities without a body that exist by different means?
Neither.

@other post: We might not hear about certain concepts, but later on when we read about it, it's how we are interpreting our odd and ecstatic experiences. We need some sense of culture to place these experiences in whatever way we find them most useful. We get familiar with a specific culture, or a set of beliefs, and then we integrate ourselves in it. It is a fascinating process, but also a tricky one.
Old 25-12-2010, 11:13 PM
mahakali

ok seems fair enough that your arguing this point and yes we are in total agreement, that is why after living in a monastery i decided that the truth has no set of cultural beliefs and that is is a big dogmatic problem to follow or even relate at all to other cultures beliefs, that is many peoples problem. as for spiritual development some cultures are a little more in touch. but still even trying to follow one will lead you away from true development and closer to confusion. my point is that everyone is not a robot following specific programing, if you ask yourself, truly ask, you will see that this is not so.
Old 26-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valus
Jesus embraced the Holy Spirit and became Jesus Christ. In the same way, -- or, rather, in his own way, -- Siddhartha embraced it, and became Siddhartha Christ; the Buddha. Christ is The Higher Self, and when you grow into your higher self, no matter what your first name may be, your last name (and the last name by which you will ever be known) will always be Christ; the Anointed.

Jesus may be your teacher, but Christ is within you. Regardless of who your teacher may be, or what spiritual tradition you may follow, the peak at which all souls arrive, and from which they regard the whole of Creation, is the same. Though our teachers may be men, and our paths may be man-made, the wisdom is from God, and it is God within us who comprehends it.

It is.....
As it has always been....

The time to AWAKEN.....is here.......NOW.

Pray for those who do not understand this....
Never answer anger with anger....
"An eye for an eye.....
leads to a blind world" -Mahatma Gandhi

Close your eyes and feel the Peace within.

If you cannot .....
Find a "PRACTICE" and DO IT until Peace is achieved.

or

Suffer the pain of believing you are separate.

Until you have a change of mind brought on by a change of heart.

Old 28-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Valus

I've enjoyed reading Amilius', Chrysaetos', and Perry's posts. On the topic of scientific materialism and primary assumptions... This video of Terence McKenna discussing the absurdity of the Big Bang Theory gives me a kick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGp4GNH9Hnk
Old 28-12-2010, 11:54 PM
Experiencer

Nice video, Valus.
Have you heard about the Flat Earth Society?
Well educated, intelligent people are absolutely convinced the Earth is flat, and they claim scientific evidence for it. It is impossible to prove them wrong, because they refuse to question their basic assumptions.
There are no proofs for anything, but there are only "rules" that work within a defined sphere (assumption). It becomes dangerous when people do not realize that, but insist they have ABSOLUTE EVIDENCE of WHAT IS.
Old 29-12-2010, 04:26 AM
mahakali

here ill ask again, is love directly or indirectly influenced by outer stimuli?