Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 30-09-2020, 06:27 PM
Master

From NLP, hypnosis, LOA point of view "I want X" and "I don't want X" have almost the same effect: focus you on X. So, something that approximates X will manifest into your life.

In NLP and hypnosis, a technique used with uncooperative subjects is to give suggestions in negative form: now, don't relax, don't think about a pink elephant, ... Guess what: the subject gets relaxed, and thinks (even briefly) about a pink elephant.

You don't ask to get rid of fear, you ask to be happy and confident.

Regarding undesired effects, such as collateral damage: when you ask for whatever, you add restrictions about the outcome, like "safe and beneficial for everybody involved", or "compatible with my moral values", etc..
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 30-09-2020, 06:57 PM
Lorelyen

There's confusion about this. The LoA declares "like attracts like" which is obviously true only in limited ways and certainly doesn't apply to physics. It works at a gross (as in high) level. A pessimistic person won't attract optimistic friends; a poor person won't attract wealth; a technical geek won't attract artistic people. So you have to do some work on optimism, acquiring wealth, become artistically creative if you want to change things to whatever you're looking for.

I got the idea from reading about it here that you need to believe 100% that you're already there or already have it to get or become what you want. But how do you go about that without reflecting on your current position - in short, you're deluding yourself if you don't. The beggar in the street believe he's wealthy? The wannabe famous musician who has never touched an instrument?

To me that's asking big. It can happen, sure, when (as I believe Invalin said up there) someone is inherently predisposed to the achievement.

So to me LoA was a great money spinner for the inventor of the idea, a certain doctor whose name forum rules forbid me stating. For most it doesn't work. As a practice it doesn't get rid of incipient or residual doubts. Success in making changes comes from observation, planning, effort - and if they choose to work at a metaphysical level, develop the forces needed to practise occult work. At least the latter will eventually remove doubts.

LoA isn't a spiritual practice at all any more than choosing a new career would be.

As I see it anyway.
Old 30-09-2020, 07:10 PM
Experiencer
Maybe I'll just keep praying instead and thanking God instead, LOL.

I don't know what to think of the LOA - hence, my posting this thread. I was curious if it really works and if people have had it work for them.

I agree that it's a stretch to believe you're already wealthy if you're totally broke and stressed about funds. I tried it for a year and it did not work for me, because I was SO stressed about money.

I was putting forth the ideas and notions I had learned from the book and movie, the Secret, that talks all about the LOA and how it works. But after a year of trying, I gave up.
Old 02-10-2020, 05:32 PM
Master
Not sure what is or isn't real. But in my own self-reflection, i've somehow made my own dreams into reality.

I get the impression by many that loa, prayer, and meditation is used in hopes to run away or be free from their own problems, fears, or personal issues. They are looking for a way out of whatever is haunting them. Trying to run towards this while away from that. As long as they do that, whatever is haunting them will continue to haunt them. You can be better at suppressing it but it will always be there causing a constant fight inside you.
Old 02-10-2020, 05:43 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Not sure what is or isn't real. But in my own self-reflection, i've somehow made my own dreams into reality.

I get the impression by many that loa, prayer, and meditation is used in hopes to run away or be free from their own problems, fears, or personal issues. They are looking for a way out of whatever is haunting them. As long as they do that, whatever is haunting them will continue to haunt them. You can be better at suppressing it but it will always be there causing a constant fight inside you.

I use prayer for things I want and hope for in my life - I personally am not running away from anything or from anything that is haunting me.

Not sure where you're coming from on that? I think people use prayer and meditation for many other reasons other than the ones you're saying. People often meditate to ground themselves and for inner peace perhaps. People pray to help themselves in their lives in some way.

I think the opposite - people use drugs, alcohol and sex to run away from problems - people turn to spirituality to ground themselves, to find purpose and meaning in life and to find themselves.
Old 02-10-2020, 05:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWater

Not sure where you're coming from on that?

Its both what i see and have experienced.

Quote:

I think the opposite - people use drugs, alcohol and sex to run away from problems - people turn to spirituality to ground themselves, to find purpose and meaning in life and to find themselves.

I was once similar in that thinking too.
Old 02-10-2020, 05:54 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Its both what i see and have experienced.

I was once similar in that thinking too.

Not in my experience, but perhaps so... people use all sorts of things to run away. Maybe that's life - maybe we're all escapists. lol.
Old 02-10-2020, 05:59 PM
Master
Quote:
- maybe we're all escapists. lol.

Ha ha. Cheers to that.

Whatever it is. It helps to be as honest as possible with oneself. Its not always easy. I'm all for being an escapist.

Later.
Old 02-10-2020, 06:05 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Ha ha. Cheers to that.

Whatever it is. It helps to be as honest as possible with oneself. Its not always easy. I'm all for being an escapist.

Later.

Oh I agree!!!! I am definitely full in, both feet first, with being honest with oneself. And I like my escapisms.... hmmm.... out of which door do I exit?? LOL.
Old 02-10-2020, 06:06 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Ha ha. Cheers to that.

Later.

https://www.beliefnet.com/prayers/hi...for-peace.aspx

Oh God, lead us from the unreal to the Real. Oh God, lead us from darkness to light. Oh God, lead us from death to immortality. Shanti, Shanti, Shanti unto all. Oh Lord God almighty, may there be peace in celestial regions. May there be peace on earth. May the waters be appeasing. May herbs be wholesome, and may trees and plants bring peace to all. May all beneficent beings bring peace to us. May thy Vedic Law propagate peace all through the world. May all things be a source of peace to us. And may thy peace itself, bestow peace on all, and may that peace come to me also.

I suppose meditation can be described as a practice that cultivates a state of mind facilitating escape from the unreal, darkness and death. Not a bad thing if you ask me.

The same can be said of prayer however I can't speak to LoA.