Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 01-12-2010, 10:14 AM
Master
How can any of you espouse anything without knowing beyond doubt that what your saying is true?
I wish not to give false hopes or claims...we can't know for sure about anything beyond our phyiscal existance....its all speculation and not appropriate to give such hopes.
We can say we see spirits or angels, or hear God but do we?...or are we simply believing we do? For centuries, we've spoken of any manner of weird and wonderful things...how can we prove its not all in the mind?...because we WANT to believe?
Don't get me wrong...I'd be in the front of the line in hoping for something more then nothing after this life...but I don't pin everything on it...to do that would serve no real purpose but to give me hope and nothing more then that.
Just my own personal opinion...thanks....
Old 01-12-2010, 11:17 AM
LadyB.

"We can say we see spirits or angels, or hear God but do we?...or are we simply believing we do? For centuries, we've spoken of any manner of weird and wonderful things...how can we prove its not all in the mind?...because we WANT to believe?"

Nightspirit I think when you have developed a little further spiritually you will understand. Until it actually happens to you... It is hard to believe.

I either see/feel/hear... spirit/angels/God on a daily basis. Millions of others do to.

I used to 'believe'..Now 'I know.'
Old 01-12-2010, 11:39 AM
mac

I've long complained about thread hijacking in this and several other forums. (And I've long been posting as mac in them all, including the old website too )

I've been a lone voice for a long time on this and other important issues but with so little support from other contributors that I've now adopted the "When in Rome do as the Romans" principle.

If others don't care then neither do I.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyB.
"We can say we see spirits or angels, or hear God but do we?...or are we simply believing we do? For centuries, we've spoken of any manner of weird and wonderful things...how can we prove its not all in the mind?...because we WANT to believe?"

Nightspirit I think when you have developed a little further spiritually you will understand. Until it actually happens to you... It is hard to believe.

I either see/feel/hear... spirit/angels/God on a daily basis. Millions of others do to.

I used to 'believe'..Now 'I know.'

What makes you think I haven't developed...or that I'm not already way passed the idea of what we perceive as developing? imo..development is a human concept...there is no developing to be done...we are not human developing into spirit.
I hear voices to....in fact I had an extensive thread on assisting others to tune into their guardian angels before sf crashed. Needless to say, angels or what we perceive as being 'higher' are not....we are all from the same source...no levels...anyway...that's my own opinion. Not anyone else's to adopt.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I've long complained about thread hijacking in this and several other forums. (And I've long been posting as mac in them all, including the old website too )

I've been a lone voice for a long time on this and other important issues but with so little support from other contributors that I've now adopted the "When in Rome do as the Romans" principle.

It does tend to weiry one after a while, but I don't like the idea of 'giving up and going with the concensus of opinion.' Sometimes I speak, other times I don't have the energy to. Is all good. Just be yourself mac
Old 01-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac

It does tend to weiry one after a while, but I don't like the idea of 'giving up and going with the concensus of opinion.' Sometimes I speak, other times I don't have the energy to. Is all good. Just be yourself mac
Old 01-12-2010, 01:50 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit

And 30 months ago I might well have said much the same thing. weary? You don't know the half of it!

It's fine if you like to bash your head against a brick wall and you may break down that wall before your psyche cries enough - and at other times one may realise that brick walls are always harder than one's head and one's head is more suited to other tasks.

More ways of skinning a cat than one don't forget.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:53 PM
mac

"I am speaking as a medium with 28 years experience and having been trained by some of the best in the Uk. I dont think the likes of Albert Best, Glyn Edwards, Mary Duffy and so on, are wrong do you!"

Let me see if I've got this straight....

It's Albert Best, Glyn Edwards, Mary Duffy and yourself who are the 'we' you were referring to....? They all say the same as yourself?
Old 01-12-2010, 03:04 PM
LadyB.

"Don't get me wrong...I'd be in the front of the line in hoping for something more then nothing after this life...but I don't pin everything on it...to do that would serve no real purpose but to give me hope and nothing more then that"

You seem to have been offended by my turn of phrase 'development' Nightspirit for that I apologise. We are after all treading the same path ...Spiritual enlightenment being on these boards...Are we not?

I am just questioning... No ego/agenda on my part..(there are enough of those on these boards already)

I am a little confused why you posted the above when you can hear angels yourself? Do you feel it is your imagination? Are you doubting yourself?

When I started 'opening up' I spent quite some time questioning my sanity..which is IMO is a fairly healthy thing to do. I certainly don't any longer. I just get it that what I see/hear/feel happens to some people and not others.. (in this lifetime)

The above paragraph you have written is how I used to feel and now I know differently. That's all.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyB.
"Don't get me wrong...I'd be in the front of the line in hoping for something more then nothing after this life...but I don't pin everything on it...to do that would serve no real purpose but to give me hope and nothing more then that"

You seem to have been offended by my turn of phrase 'development' Nightspirit for that I apologise. We are after all treading the same path ...Spiritual enlightenment being on these boards...Are we not?

I am just questioning... No ego/agenda on my part..(there are enough of those on these boards already)

I am a little confused why you posted the above when you can hear angels yourself? Do you feel it is your imagination? Are you doubting yourself?

When I started 'opening up' I spent quite some time questioning my sanity..which is IMO is a fairly healthy thing to do. I certainly don't any longer. I just get it that what I see/hear/feel happens to some people and not others.. (in this lifetime)

The above paragraph you have written is how I used to feel and now I know differently. That's all.

Ahhh...well it would probably take a little more then a post to explain to you why I come from those comments I first made. How long did you say you had? LOL
My strongest is clair-audience and I can hear loud and clear and tune in fine.Thats not why I said what I did though.
I really don't like to tell my story on forums, because for one....others don't always understand and I don't need to justify myself for my own experience.
Two...to tell my story would simply de-value it if I were to put it into words...as the 'experience' cannot be explained in words...it doesn't come from the intellectual mind.
So now that I've confused you totally..hehe...all I can say is.....
That all energy comes from the same source...that includes angels, us and the rest. So although, I can tune into what we call angelic energies, they are not separate from me but part of me. For purposes of those just awakening to guides and angels, its better I relate to those needs by using guidance in a way they can understand.....in saying this.....I used to post that guidance comes from within and is not external.
I guess my point was that we can all speculate and think we know exactly what happens beyond this earth...but do we really know, or is our understanding based on the minds limited ability to comprehend beyond what we 'think' we know.
Sorry for the long explaination.