Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 24-11-2010, 01:03 AM
Knower

Exclamation What makes something a sign and not just a normal event WE interpret as synchonicity?

Let me give an example. Ever since I was young I felt an extremly strong connection to music. My mom told me that when I was a child I said that music does something to my insides. Lately, I've been feeling that music is my path in life. There were a few events that occured which I interpret as "synchronicity" but that I still have my doubts about. A person who I had recently met (and I am now friends with) paid me when he first heard my music, and I felt a VERY strong sort of "connection" with this, like this was a trend that could continue if I wished it to be so. I also found out this friend is very good with technology and has methods that could help me distribute my music.

Now, I am quite sure that this is synchronicity at work. However, how can we know this? How can we know that it was not just an event that took place which WE attibuted synchronicity to as an explanation for the event?
Old 24-11-2010, 02:30 AM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-The-Iceman
Let me give an example. Ever since I was young I felt an extremly strong connection to music. My mom told me that when I was a child I said that music does something to my insides. Lately, I've been feeling that music is my path in life. There were a few events that occured which I interpret as "synchronicity" but that I still have my doubts about. A person who I had recently met (and I am now friends with) paid me when he first heard my music, and I felt a VERY strong sort of "connection" with this, like this was a trend that could continue if I wished it to be so. I also found out this friend is very good with technology and has methods that could help me distribute my music.

Now, I am quite sure that this is synchronicity at work. However, how can we know this? How can we know that it was not just an event that took place which WE attibuted synchronicity to as an explanation for the event?

go with your instincts, you just might make a hit record.
Old 24-11-2010, 02:43 AM
meta_synthesis

Quote:

In my experience, I never can.

I know the feeling of wanting to KNOW FOR SURE, though, and can relate very well to that.

It's almost impossible to let go or give up that feeling of wanting to know with absolute assurance, that which we suspect is true, and hope in our heart with the most sincerity one can muster, it is true.

Are you looking for posts to affirm what you feel? Tell you "yes, it WAS indeed synchronicity, and then go on to explain HOW it is they know this? Or have someone offer a technique of some sort that can use that will show you for SURE it was in fact synchronicity at work?

I'm sorry mate, I don't have either for you. Maybe someone does - I have no idea.

I'd say follow your heart, though. I have found in my experience the wanting to know the suspected mystical and "not commonplace" with certainty, just serves as a delay. A stalling mechanism.

It'll always be the next thing. The need for MORE and for CERTAINTY knows no end. It has an endless thirst. Nothing can quench its thirst for MORE.

If you ask me, I'd say drop wanting to know for sure and just do what you love, enjoy, and resonates with you. You can find out that way.

Do you have doubts about the fact you love music? That you feel a deep connection with it? This is your answer. It's right in front of you! Your doubts are about something else all together, not your passion.

Live for the dream, man.
Old 24-11-2010, 03:01 AM
sunny shine

i was expecting this question would pop up somewhere. its like this lets say you dropped some grains on the floor, when somebody is seeing it gets their attention and probabaly not anything beyond it, they know somebody dropped them. They may forget this too soon, because its common.

If the same grains where on the floor lets say arranged spirally, it gets peoples attention but in some special way and they feel more drawn to knowing what is it? they may think about it later because its not common.

I feel thats why symbols were created, and strange synchronities are created to get our attention to convey something...........if something is out of the ordinary for you, then those are something special
Old 24-11-2010, 03:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-The-Iceman

synchronicity is very related to intuition.
we know they are true becasue of the oneness of everything and therefore the interconnection of all things in all levels. the fact is that this really no such thing as unrelated events.

Old 27-11-2010, 05:59 AM
wondering

Quote:
What makes something a sign and not just a normal event WE interpret as synchonicity?

Personally, I tend to believe that everything in our lives - even those things that appear for the briefest of moments - are all synchronous in some way. Everything is interrelated, spinning tapestries woven of the finest silken threads in our lives. Some things go unnoticed; some seem to have no meaning at all. And some - the things that are meant to guide us, or tell us *something* - are what we would identify as signs.

The problem with signs, I've found, is that for a great many of us, we tend to read what we want to see into them, and are often wearing blinders when it comes to their true meaning in our lives. I believe that misinterpretation can be quite commonplace, and the lessons or guidance that was intended for us goes unnoticed, or (subconsciously) ignored. However, if one is truly in tune with themselves, then they can become quite adept at recognizing signs and in understanding what those signs are saying. Intuition comes into play, that *gut* feeling...yet even recognizing whether one's intuition is true, or it is merely wishful thinking, requires skill.

Complicating all of this too, is another factor: I believe that the signs which come into our lives are often created by that same 'wishful thinking'. If one thinks about something constantly, and especially if strong emotions are attached to it, then we tend to draw it, or 'signs' that we can easily relate to it, to ourselves, and their meaning may be nothing more than our emotions drawing that particular synchronicity to us.

So how does one sort all of this ('separate the wheat from the chaff', as the saying goes) to be able to recognize true guidance, as opposed to what we have simply drawn to ourselves? I don't think there's an easy answer, other than learning to recognize your own intuition. For myself, several years ago I began to notice that whenever I saw what I would think was a sign of some sort, I would become excited, marvelling at the sign I'd received, imagining what it meant, and usually would convince myself that it meant 'xxxx' (whatever my interpretation would be at that moment). But then, as I sort of grew into my spiritual self, a distinction started to appear. I was still noticing signs, but for a few of them, as soon as the sign appeared, my body immediately reacted, sometimes even before I recognized the sign itself. I would feel this intense, electrical charge that would run straight through my entire body, a physical, powerful, without-question *knowing* that the sign truly was a something of significance. And I guess that's the best way I can think of to describe it: a knowing. It was akin to that sense one gets when the hair on the back of their neck stands up. The strength of it made any other *signs* I'd noticed pale in comparison; it was as if my inner self was shaking me awake, telling me to 'pay attention!'. That's how I began to recognize signs which came to me and held significance, versus those that I either read things into, or I had drawn to myself that were simply related to emotional feelings; it was that immediate, electric jolt from my inner self, which triggered an inarguable recognition.

And of course, everyone's experience is their own, so this is only my interpretation, or belief, of how one recognizes signs.

(Speaking of signs, Hybrid, your avatar caught my eye as soon as I came into this thread. That symbol, the two circles intertwined, was something I saw once in a dream I had several years ago, and I recall being completely fascinated by them. In my dream I was in a classroom, and the two circles were lying on my desktop. Then they gently floated up in the air and stopped in front of me, and slowly began spinning...one in one direction, the other in the opposite, even though they remained linked together. They were brilliant gold in color; so brilliant that I was astounded by them. So I did smile when I saw your avatar, as it immediately reminded me of my dream.)
Old 27-11-2010, 06:20 AM
Sleepygrass

Instant knowing.
Old 27-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Master

You have a strong connection with music. This you know already. You said you're certain this is synchronicity at work. Maybe the real issue is a problem w/ trust? Surrender? Follow your gut and stop getting overly mental about it. (do as I say and not as I do!) The deep inner knowing is all you need. Start learning to trust it and follow it for awhile. See what happens. If it doesn't work out then you can go back to being in your head.
Old 27-11-2010, 02:10 PM
love witch

I agree with in progress... trust is a great word! Trust the great feeling you got when you were paid for your music. Your original question asked if this was a normal event... I would say not at all. Your being paid was a confirmation of your abilities as a musician, and a great sign that this is your path to follow.

Good luck!
Old 16-04-2011, 07:03 PM
Knower

Thanks alot for the great replies. Since this post, there have been alot of other synchronicities that have happenned that have been blatently obvious and that, when they happenned, I KNEW that they were synchronicities. I'm now learning to rely on my intution more so than on rational thinking, and just 'go with the flow' so to speak. I still have my doubts sometimes though, I guess I always will.