Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 18-01-2022, 07:23 PM
Ascender
Source of verse which says that you created God to run the universe?

Some time ago i read something like "you imagined/created God to run the universe". I don't remember whether it was a verse from a scripture or were words of a guru. Does anyone know the original verse or its source? I googled but couldn't find.
Old 19-01-2022, 08:53 AM
Knower

I don't remember the source but I know the meaning.
It's v deep and the ultimate truth.

We humans have imagined and created God. Why and how?
Because in reality there is no God or only one God. That God or energy or consciousness is not running the universe--IT IS THE UNIVERSE.

Now how we created God.
The truth is we are the part of God, the same way as drop of the ocean is ocean itself.
This universe is created by us. When we created humans we wanted to experience everything as humans not as what we already are.
This human which is full of senses, material things, emotions, relations etc.make us forget that who we are.
So from here all started. We thought somebody created universe then us etc. So we imagined or created God.

But in reality we all are part of God, child of God or in a ultimate truth GOD, the ONE.
Old 19-01-2022, 04:26 PM
Master

Way of saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
Some time ago i read something like "you imagined/created God to run the universe". I don't remember whether it was a verse from a scripture or were words of a guru. Does anyone know the original verse or its source? I googled but couldn't find.
Its not imagination. Its a way of saying. The way when a baby is born there birth of a mother(ie role of mother in lady). The same God is also born when an ardent seeker is shaping up. Its not to be taken literally.
Old 19-01-2022, 04:37 PM
Master

God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredPrayers7777
I
We humans have imagined and created God. Why and how?
Because in reality there is no God or only one God. That God or energy or consciousness is not running the universe--IT IS THE UNIVERSE.

Now how we created the God
Yes the explanation is perfect n very correct .But to say humans have imagined / created God looks more arbitrary/ fictitious /arrogant. Hence my explanation was bit different.
But anyways your explanation n words to explain this are correct n perfect.
Old 25-01-2022, 07:47 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
Does anyone know the original verse or its source? I googled but couldn't find.
There are numerous sources that say the same thing. Carl Jung would say that God and religion are archetypes of the collective consciousness and because of that some are predisposed to believe. God is also the ultimate in causality and authority, he created everything, he is the prime mover of the Universe and 'conform or you'll burn in hell' is a good reason to go to church on Sunday. Everything that God is has been created by humans.

"These results suggest that when people think about God, it’s similar to thinking about any special authority figure, such as one’s mother or father, says Grafman. In addition, he says, contemplation is not limited to religious thought, although certain traditions like prayer or meditation may require selective kinds of thinking processes. In general, he believes, the brain uses the same circuits to think about and experience religion as it does to think about and handle any other thoughts or beliefs."
https://www.apa.org/monitor/2010/12/believe
Old 27-01-2022, 06:21 AM
Ascender
I read that verse when i was reading about advaita vedanta. I didn't interpret it as that humans created a superstition of God, but as that i created a being to run the universe. It depends on the definition of God: if God means the source of everyone then i'm myself God (so as you are); if God means a being who is managing the universe then maybe i (you) created God, and we're that God too.