Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 27-10-2014, 09:15 PM
Experiencer

Headaches can be caused by tension, make sure you're not tensing your neck/scrunching your shoulders. I do a lot of arm circles / shoulder circles / neck rolls and work to maintain a relaxed posture during exercise otherwise I suffer.

If it's not physical, consider your diet before and after exercising - ensure your blood sugar hasn't dropped too low as this can cause headaches after a workout. Also drink plenty so you're not dehydrated.

If it persists, a checkup won't hurt.
Old 27-10-2014, 09:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitLoop
Headaches can be caused by tension, make sure you're not tensing your neck/scrunching your shoulders. I do a lot of arm circles / shoulder circles / neck rolls and work to maintain a relaxed posture during exercise otherwise I suffer.

If it's not physical, consider your diet before and after exercising - ensure your blood sugar hasn't dropped too low as this can cause headaches after a workout. Also drink plenty so you're not dehydrated.

If it persists, a checkup won't hurt.

Thank you, FL...I will take your advice to heart.
Old 29-01-2015, 05:34 PM
crestfallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueClover
Yoga and pilates give you a nice toned looked. I am a weight free person, I feel using weights bulk me up, and I don't like that look ( I am very pettie). Maybe try a plank challenge? So easy to do at home, very challenging!

I have never tried yoga and pilates before. I wonder if I am missing out because I also tend to bulk a little easily whenever I lift weights or use resistance bands and I've always loved that sex symbol look where a woman is tight, toned, but still maintains sexy curves. I hate that the exercising community is extremely masculine and honestly, I hate the whole "women should lift weights hurr durr you'll never bulk up or look manly" when I know women like me who do? I don't know, no disrespect to people out there who love that buff look, but it's just not for me.
Old 28-07-2015, 06:04 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven
I want to get tone and it seems like its taking me forever!!! I know I been slacking off lately, I only been to the gym like once a week and I know that's no good. Hopefully I can make it at least 3 times a week. I just don't know if that's enough for toning or if I need to workout more. Lately I been lifting more weights when I'm at the gym but I still not happy. I'm getting confused with should I do more cardio or more weight training to get tone?? I don't want to be super skinny. I just want to be tone. Since I stop eating meat, the only problem that I'm having is that I'm having cravings for sweet and I know that doesn't help with toning. Any advice I appreciated, so much information online, its confusing the heck out of me.

More weight training for toning.

Are you getting enough protein?

Also,find your favorite moves to do that are great for toning such as plank pose for abs,perhaps. It can't hurt to do more,but i wouldn't do it daily...rest days are vital for building the tone.

"Change is the only constant."
Old 06-10-2015, 01:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by annabelle239
More weight training for toning.

Are you getting enough protein?

Also,find your favorite moves to do that are great for toning such as plank pose for abs,perhaps. It can't hurt to do more,but i wouldn't do it daily...rest days are vital for building the tone.

I'm sorry for responding so late! I just saw this post now. I completely forgot about this thread. Your question is a good question, I don't think I'm adding enough protein in my diet, I should and thanks for the reminder. I have been working out harder lately and I have seen more improvement in my body and that's always great. I have been doing plank too, not my favorite but I do it anyhow.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:18 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
I'm sorry for responding so late! I just saw this post now. I completely forgot about this thread. Your question is a good question, I don't think I'm adding enough protein in my diet, I should and thanks for the reminder. I have been working out harder lately and I have seen more improvement in my body and that's always great. I have been doing plank too, not my favorite but I do it anyhow.

When I first went vegan,I wasn't getting enough protein and my muscles got sooo soft. :( Once i paid more attention to that,and made some changes by incorporating foods i like and doing strength training,my body quickly toned up and slimmed up a bit. It's funny i had forgotten that because years ago,when i had started taking protein shakes for awhile,i felt like my muscle tightened up too along with cleared my skin,more energy,better mood,and slimmed me out slightly. Sometimes it really is just key to try and observe a few things and see what needs to be changed for you and it can be so simple.

"Change is the only constant."
Old 06-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Master
@Annabelle - Protein is necessary, I can feel the difference in my body when I'm not taking enough protein, specially when I work out a bit too much. For me is been a challenge since I been doing my best not to eat meat or dairy is not easy. I'm actually going to drink a protein shake now! Then work out later!
Old 06-11-2015, 07:22 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestfallen
I have never tried yoga and pilates before. I wonder if I am missing out because I also tend to bulk a little easily whenever I lift weights or use resistance bands and I've always loved that sex symbol look where a woman is tight, toned, but still maintains sexy curves. I hate that the exercising community is extremely masculine and honestly, I hate the whole "women should lift weights hurr durr you'll never bulk up or look manly" when I know women like me who do? I don't know, no disrespect to people out there who love that buff look, but it's just not for me.

I like strong women but it's rare to see. I think I've only ever seen one woman at the gym lifting heavy weights. All women here are afraid of getting strong and lifting weights. Just saying. Lifting weights and having muscle is healthy. I'm not sure why being strong has to be a masculine trait, there is nothing sexier than a strong, healthy woman.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:10 PM
Master
I personally I'm not afraid of lifting weights, I just don't want to look like a dude. A lot of females prefer the soft look, not the strong look. Some guys like girls with muscle some don't.

Last edited by Heaven : 07-11-2015 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:43 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
I personally I'm not afraid of lifting weights, I just don't want to look like a dude. A lot of females prefer the soft look, not the strong look. Some guys like girls with muscle some don't.

Yeah I know females prefer to look a certain way, I just never understood it LoL. I don't mean to offend anyone but women with muscle look curvier and more feminine to me. Just because you have muscle doesn't mean you have to be ripped. The woman I see at the gym isn't ripped and she still has an hourglass shape but she has a big, strong body. Skinny women look like "dudes" or little boys to me because they have no shape and that's personally not what attracts me.