Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 20-01-2022, 07:33 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth
I went thru a crystal acquiring phase and enjoyed my time on this endeavor but am done, but still have a lovely pendulum with some quartz crystal and non precious stones. Found a large crystal rock in Canada some yrs ago and had it around for a long time but gave it to my grandgirl for her life collections.
I like giving stones away as well. I hope that my collection will remain in the family.
Old 13-03-2022, 04:32 PM
Ascender
I bought some fake stones ~ pretty disappointing ~ my first ever etsy purchase ~ the reason I went to etsy is because I couldn't find any of what I needed on amazon that wasn't fake

finding this stone in a donut is challenging ~ it's sad that that seller is robbing people
Old 13-03-2022, 04:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram8
I bought some fake stones ~ pretty disappointing ~ my first ever etsy purchase ~ the reason I went to etsy is because I couldn't find any of what I needed on amazon that wasn't fake

finding this stone in a donut is challenging ~ it's sad that that seller is robbing people
I do wonder which stone you were after?

You can get conned on any site, except when it's a reliable shop I guess. But I've never had it happen on Etsy, rarely ever on Ebay. In all the years I bought from Ebay it happened 2x and I got my money back. I don't think I've been had aside from those two times, but at least I got my money back so it wasn't that bad.

There are loads of great reliable sellers on Etsy and often you can get new finds and high quality crystals there, which you don't have so much on Ebay. So I moved to Etsy in that sense. Also bought other items, pressies, not crystals.
Always has been great!
You do find Chinese on Etsy that don't send the exact specimen from the photo but a similar one. I never buy from such sellers. Have risked that once on Ebay and I indeed got a ametrine, but it wasn't nearly the quality from the photo shown. Barely had any colour.
The only thing I sometimes feel is difficult is judging the colour of a crystal. Some sellers up the saturation or contrast, but it can also happen when using flash.
In any case, you can try to get your money back.
Old 13-03-2022, 04:51 PM
Master
Intention was to not buy for 2 months but yeah... I didn't make it, hihi.
I bought a wonderful healerite freeform from Pakistan.
Should arrive Tuesday or Wednesday.
Old 13-03-2022, 07:32 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I do wonder which stone you were after?

Turquoise ~ but I need a donut

most people are selling dyed howlite ~ somepeople are selling plastic

the seller said it was real and I had learned how to spot dyed howlite ~ so I knew it wasn't howlite ~ the seller said where the turquoise was mined and that none of their stones were stabilized or dyed

what I got was painted rocks

my pendulum says that the stones really are from China ~ but they are fakes

made one purchase from ebay ~ it was a pair of shoes and they had the sizes labeled wrong so the shoes were too small

I haven't had any complaints with Amazon yet except the part about the delivery person not even knocking on the door or ringing the door bell
Old 13-03-2022, 07:42 PM
Ascender
I have found other stones that can be used in the place of the turquoise and I can get them from a reliable seller on Amazon

the turquoise seems to be more trouble than it's worth ~ but I have been needing some for a long time ~ would like a pi stone
Old 13-03-2022, 09:37 PM
Master
Turquoise can be tricky. I got a one piece, Arizona turquoise. I know 100% certain it is real as the shop I bought it was very reliable.
I once bought a dyed howlite bracelet, knowing full well what it was, but loving it anyways :) I've worn it till the elastic broke and I still have the stones.

Good luck with your new purchase!
Old 13-03-2022, 10:23 PM
Ascender
I looked up the properties just now for howlite ~ seems like a good stone ~ I am not prejudice against it ~ some of the died howlite looks really nice

the reason it needs to be turquoise is for witchcraft purposes ~ also it's one of my birthstones from my other birthday

I think I am going to buy one of the howlite pieces though

I'll just wait for the universe to bring me the turquoise ~ I'm not going looking for something that doesn't want to be found right now

Howlite got noticed
Old 13-03-2022, 11:03 PM
Master
That sounds like a wonderful approach!
I think howlite is one of these underappreciated stones. I have that tendency myself but the properties of howlite are impressive.
I remember once seeing a howlite crystal skull, and boy was that gorgeous! I couldn't afford anything much at the time so I didn't buy it. But I would've loved to have it! I think that changed how I regarded howlite :)
And when I had the dyed bracelet I felt the colour -dye- still would have an effect on me. I love working with colours and know the power of colour therapy. And aqua/turquoise is one of my favourite colours. So I felt it was a win-win :)
Old 13-03-2022, 11:21 PM
Ascender
I love cheap stuff like my obsidian ~ just because it's cheap doesn't mean anything ~ it's still magic ~ I also like selenite

my obsidian pendant chipped so I'm sticking with jade because it's tougher

the theory is that my protective obsidian pendant was deflecting an attack on me when it was chipped ~ who knows what really happened