Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 18-10-2021, 01:52 PM
Master
Spots in the chrystal - hold any particular meaning?

Hi

I saw these beautiful watermelon tourmaline pendants and bought them for me and my love as a 2y anniversary gift. The healing properties of the watermelon tourmaline seemed completely made for us!

Before buying, I saw 'mine' had like a spot in the center, darker and I guess less clear, but there were only the two of them. So, even though I generally don't like spots - I guess I tend to see them as flaws, or blockages... - I bought them. His is five-sides like the witch he is and mine 6 sides, like my month, and what i associate to a feminine balance. I like that.

I figured I was to learn from the spot.

But now I'm feeling ambivalent.

Did the symbolism of having the same chrystal in our anniversary gift get the better of me...?

Can there be something in there that is NOT for me?

How do you guys think, around naturally occurring spots, shades, patches and cracks in chrystals?

There was also a pendant next to these two, also purple so I thought they I could pick the two I liked the best... . I thought it too water melon. It was round, which I also like with his five-sided, also féminine. But the third chrystal, deep purple and closer in color to his - was a super seven/melody stone.

I wanted the same chrystal for us, so I put the super seven out of my mind. Reading about it now, I felt maybe it was more specifically for me; I'm a bit of a mess, love is really pushing me into my shadows to work...haha.

But the anniversary gift is for the union - not me individually, really - and the watermelon had really clear healing properties for me AND us both,and him individually.

I just hesitate over the paleness of the stone - and the brownish spot.
It is just not as purple. I don't know. Doesn't feel as pretty. Maybe like, I got the leftovers... :(

I will sit with tonight and meditate with them in my hand and see how it feels. Maybe she has a story for me.

But - again; what do spots mean to you, if anything...?

And we turn our attention to the world, not away. We receive our learning from the songs it sings and the choir of One we're all in.

And while we walk gently, we generate love, healing, the most powerful energy of all, Life!

Soaking in life, we spread the light <3
Old 18-10-2021, 07:52 PM
Ascender

Flaws like cracks, 'clouding', spots, etc. are very common in crystals. They're quite natural and for some crystals, like emeralds, flaws are very, very common. Most cut emerald gems have flaws. It has to do with the mineral concentration that makes up the crystal and the conditions that existed at the time the crystal was forming (impurities, temperature, pressure, moisture, etc.) Like making a marble cake. You make two batters, one chocolate, and one vanilla and then you add the chocolate to the vanilla batter but instead of mixing the two completely you just 'swirl' the chocolate so that you have some parts chocolate and some parts vanilla. And using the example of cake making again, if you put that cake in the oven at too high of heat, your cake will crack.

Your watermelon tourmaline is like that. The minerals that make up each of the colors were kept separate for the most part but in some places, like the black spot, the colors were combined or some other mineral, likely iron, was present when the crystal was formed. I have a purple fluorite crystal that was ground to a crystal point and the stone has lots of fissures (cracks) internally that were caused by structural defects or changes in pressure when the crystal was formed. Sometimes the flaws in a crystal can make it that much more beautiful. Fluorite is one of my favorite crystals because it comes in so many colors and it can occur naturally as octahedron crystals. Which I find very cool.
Old 18-10-2021, 09:39 PM
Master
Exactly, often it's the inclusions that give a crystal its specific energy. And in other cases it gives it something extra because of an inclusion.
I remember seeing the most gorgeous watermelon tourmaline in near-clear quartz, a larger chunk. Its energy was amazing! Unfortunately I couldn't afford it at the time. In any case, the clear quartz also had black inclusions. It actually enhanced, not took away from.
Old 19-10-2021, 05:45 AM
Experiencer
There is a tradition, in certain indigenous communities as well as modern quilt-making groups, to intentionally include one 'wrong' element in a piece, be it an off-colored bead or an off-patterned fabric fragment. The purpose is to remind the creator that nothing is perfect, and that it's okay to be that way. The reason crystals are chosen over glass replicas is because they are natural, and nature is imperfect. Perhaps the spot is to remind you to embrace your and your partner's own beautiful imperfections, and in so doing, the beauty of the rest is highlighted. No relationship is without difficulty - there will always be 'spots' - but they don't have to be rejected. Like the mole on Marilyn Monroe's cheek, your crystal has a beauty mark.

You can also call it a 'watermelon seed'.
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 20-10-2021, 06:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Ambassador

You can also call it a 'watermelon seed'.

This is so cute...!

Thank you all for your responses. I also like the unique features, look for them. It was just that feeling that I didn't like the stone, that I had ignored in the store. I'm happy about the unanimous response here.

I had my 'talk' with the chrystals in the evening and it didn't take long before there was a very clear answer for me:
the paler color of min was because she knew I don't actually like/wear purple that often - by beingvpale/clear with a brown touch, she goes with everything I have, all the other jewellerry and my favorite clothes!

Also I saw that my spot was echoed in his - his too has a clear rim around a center, it is just thinner, like a halo. And it's healing power shine straight out at me. No, she's mine for sure. I need the calming of anxiety and the healing of the heart...

Thanks again, dear friends.

And we turn our attention to the world, not away. We receive our learning from the songs it sings and the choir of One we're all in.

And while we walk gently, we generate love, healing, the most powerful energy of all, Life!

Soaking in life, we spread the light <3