Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 15-09-2021, 08:46 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE:Could you elaborate more on the judgment part as I believe that we are in sync but am not sure?

Knowing that God is the essential divine reality of the universe and has manifested himself the universe and all herein, when Jesus was asked by the Pharisee, what he must do to inherit everlasting life, He replied; "Love God with all your body, with all your mind and with all your soul and love your neighbour as yourself, and you will live," for in those two commands the entire law is fulfilled.

But Knowing that God has become all that exists, how can you say that you love God and yet hate your neighbour who God has become?

So, in actual fact, it boils down to the one command: "Love your neighbour and Do only to your neighbour that which you would wish others to do unto you.

The law of God is written on your heart, and that is your law that you impose on all society; "Do not harm me or mine. do not steal from me or mine, do not kill me or mine, do not bring false witness against me or mine, do not have sex with my partner, etc, etc."

If you break the very law that you impose on others, then you have condemned yourself, for you are your own Judge.
Old 15-09-2021, 01:53 PM
Master
QUOTE 21 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed
So, in actual fact, it boils down to the one command: "Love your neighbour (as yourself)
Although you haven't really answered my question about the nature of the judgment, I do agree with you that (1) "Love your neighbor as yourself" is a subtle pivotal point on the nature of the Reality and one that I personally quote frequently; and (2) we do judge ourselves though your response did not really go into depth on the nature of that judgment as I have explored that with sages from various wisdom traditions. In principle, we are in agreement on that second point though I am not sure exactly how you see that judgment happening.
Old 15-09-2021, 01:56 PM
Quote:
But Knowing that God has become all that exists,
how can you say that you love God and
yet hate your neighbour who God has become?
Exactly...especially, as you say, knowing.
It seems to be the nature of this place, earth, to distract us from remembering the above...even when we know it!!
This path is full of constant focusing on what we know. (Ha, when we do know this.)

(Still W - I see judgment as guilt or shame -that may turn into self-loathing, even. But, you
probably wanted to see what The Anointed would say...)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-09-2021, 09:21 PM
The Anointed

Quote:
In principle, we are in agreement on that second point though I am not sure exactly how you see that judgment happening.

To the Hindu, Kalki ( a.k.a. Kalkin) is the tenth avatar of the Hindu god Vishnu, who is prophesied to appear at the end of the present Kali Yuga age when the world has become wholly depraved, for the final destruction of the wicked, for the re-establishment of righteousness upon the earth, and the renovation of all creation with a return to a new age of purity.
According to some, at that time, Vishnu will be revealed in the sky seated upon a whit horse with a drawn sword in his hand.

To the biblically believing Christian, it is after the destruction by heavenly fire, of all physical life forms on this earth, that ‘The Son of Man’, will take the throne of ‘The Most High’ in the creation, and divide the righteous disembodied spirits=minds who are to inherit everlasting life, from the disembodied minds=spirits of the unrepentant wicked, who are cast into the lake burning with fire and sulfur, which is the second death, no eternal suffering, but eternal death from which there is no return.

Revelation 19: 11-17; Then I saw heaven open, and there was a white horse.

Its rider is called Faithful and True; it is with justice that he judges and fights his battles. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and he wore many crowns on his head. He had a name written on him, but no one except himself knows what it is. The robe he wore was covered with blood. His name is “The Word of God”. The armies of heaven followed him, riding on white horses and dressed in clean white linen. Out of his mouth came a sharp sword, with which he will defeat the nations. He will rule over them with a rod of iron, and he will trample out the wine in the winepress of the furious anger of the Almighty God. On his robe and on his thigh was written the name: “King of kings and Lord of lords”.

May our God preserve you S.W.
Old 17-09-2021, 12:39 AM
Master
QUOTE 24 EXCERPT:

Quote:
According to some, at that time, Vishnu will be revealed in the sky seated upon a whit horse with a drawn sword in his hand.

To the biblically believing Christian, it is after the destruction by heavenly fire, of all physical life forms on this earth, that ‘The Son of Man’, will take the throne of ‘The Most High’ in the creation, and divide the righteous disembodied spirits=minds .... from the disembodied minds=spirits of the unrepentant wicked...

How is this consistent with your previous statement that "we are our own Judge"?

Both of your statements above (as in Vishnu with a drawn sword... and "The Son of Man" dividing the righteous from the unrepentant wicked) seem to suggest that we do NOT judge ourselves.

QUOTE 16 EXCERPT:

Quote:

We are our own Judge.

As for the Book of Revelation, there are so many different interpretations of that book that I am not going there .... at least not at this time.
Old 17-09-2021, 12:49 AM
Master
QUOTE 23 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Still W - I see judgment as guilt or shame -that may turn into self-loathing, even.

That is getting closer to where I'm at, but I won't elaborate at this time since I am curious to hear more from The Anointed on this subject, as you duly noted.
Old 17-09-2021, 02:40 AM
The Anointed

[quote=Still_Waters]How is this consistent with your previous statement that "we are our own Judge"?QUOTE 16 EXCERPT:

In post #22, You have admitted that we do judge ourselves, those who break the very law that is written on their hearts, and do to their neighbours that which they do not want done to themselves, have condemned themselves, and though a person may admit in court that they are guilty of committing crimes against their fellow man, it is the Judge who passes sentence on that person.

To the Hindu, it is Kalkin who is the Judge and decides who are to live and who are to be destroyed.

To the biblically believing Christian, it is the 'SON OF MAN' who is the Judge and passes sentence on the guilty.

If you follow the Hindu faith, and believe that we do judge ourselves, who do you believe is the Judge who passes the death sentence on the guilty?

Still Waters wrote ..... As for the Book of Revelation, there are so many different interpretations of that book that I am not going there.

There are so many different interpretations of almost anything recorded in the Christian and Hindu scriptures, so, where do you go in your search for truth?

1 Corinthians 11: 19; (No doubt there must be divisions among you so that the ones who are in the right may be clearly seen.)

May our God preserve you SW.
Old 17-09-2021, 04:11 PM
Master

judgement

Quote:
If you follow the Hindu faith, and believe that we do judge ourselves, who do you believe is the Judge who passes the death sentence on the guilty?
Frankly this question has not occurred to me earlier . The reason is for me there is no moment God or it's laws are ever defeated . The culrits and wrong doers many a times get the punishments in this birth also at times akin to death .

However to answer your query , Christian and Hindu's may stick to their scriptures in true authentic sincere way and God has the magic , power , capacity and desire to honor all the such genuine, sincere, hardworking ,intelligent and honest seekers (of all religions including Hindu and Christians)

So real issue and problem is there may be severe dearth of such people . So God may not want to come only . Sitting in the sky He can uses His remote controls like floods , pandemic , discord, wars ,economic /social /psychological / biological problems to punish the culprit .

So the critical for me and my focus is to be true devotee of God . Faith initiation is just a conduit though very respectful and useful one.
Old 17-09-2021, 04:13 PM
Master
QUOTE 27 EXCERPT:

[quote=The Anointed]
Quote:
To the biblically believing Christian, it is the 'SON OF MAN' who is the Judge and passes sentence on the guilty.

There are so many different interpretations of almost anything recorded in the Christian and Hindu scriptures, so, where do you go in your search for truth?

Your last post was a bit confusing since the quoted text and your response seem to be merged together.

In any case, your posts still seem self-contradictory and confusing to me since you say that "We are our own Judge" but you also say what is seemingly contradictory in that Vishnu (Hinduism) or the "Son of Man" (Biblical) does the judgment . I don't understand your response.

This is not off-topic as it does relate to the original theme since you say that all emanates from Brahman and all returns to Brahman. That is my understanding as well. So where and how does this "judgment" OR (contradictorily) "we are our own Judge" fit into what you are writing.

As for the interpretation of the Book of Revelation, my search for the only interpretation that resonated as Truth for me has been successfully concluded. My conclusion was based on the wisdom of a Jewish-Christian scholar participating in discussions at Marble Collegiate Church in NYC. However, that is off-topic and would be a great discussion for another thread.
Old 18-09-2021, 03:39 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
So the critical for me and my focus is to be true devotee of God .

And the only way that you can be a true devotee of God, Is to love your neighbour as yourself, and do unto your neighbour only that which you would wish that others do unto you. For as James the righteous brother of Jesus said; "How can you say that you love God and yet hate your brothers who God has become?"