Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 03-05-2021, 02:33 AM
Pathfinder

Making jewelry?

Hey everyone. I tried looking this up but got a lot of conflicting info. Was wondering if anyone had any advice. I would like to take one of my favorite black tourmaline pieces and make it into a necklace so I can take it with me whenever I need it.

My problem comes with what to actually secure it into the jewelry. Silver wire? Natural fibers? Leather? Or maybe a combo? I just don't know what would interfere with the stone the least amount possible. And what will interfere with cleansing the least amount possible. I would great appreciate any advice or thoughts. Thank you!
Old 03-05-2021, 03:32 AM
Master
Wire wrapping it would be great.

How big is the Tourmaline?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 03-05-2021, 04:45 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Wire wrapping it would be great.

How big is the Tourmaline?

Hey there. The piece is just about an inch long, maybe a smidge more and about 3/4 of an inch wide. I do have larger pieces if that is preferable.

So you would say then the silver wire wrapping?
Old 03-05-2021, 06:02 AM
Master
Silver wire wrap........ but something else you might do is by a spiral cage, open the cage up an put your Tourmaline inside.

Here is a picture of a spiral cage:

https://www.amazon.com/Housweety-Spi.../dp/B00FR3EVNM

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 03-05-2021, 06:17 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Silver wire wrap........ but something else you might do is by a spiral cage, open the cage up an put your Tourmaline inside.

Here is a picture of a spiral cage:

https://www.amazon.com/Housweety-Spi.../dp/B00FR3EVNM

Thanks so much. I do like the cage idea as well. I will have to look into that as an option, maybe I will make two necklaces.
Old 03-05-2021, 06:19 AM
Master
The cage is so simple and the final product looks really great.

Sounds like you are on a 'roll'...... wanting to make 2 necklaces!

Old 03-05-2021, 09:30 AM
Administrator
Sounds like a good idea to me. my friend started off with strips of leather holding them. then she went to wire.
but she prefers the cages and it has snowballed from there

Namaste
Old 03-05-2021, 11:37 AM
Master
Cages are easy and handy and very cheap to buy. You can get your crystal out and cleanse them or change them, if you so wish. They come in all sizes.
I used to buy lots of smaller ones for the woollen fairies and angels I made by hand (using felting needles) as I wanted a small crystal to match the energy.

The bummer is that these were silver-plated and do get brownish over time. But depending how you make jewelry out of that, you could take the stones out and polish the cages.

Nevertheless, I prefer my crystals without anything around it, so not a fan of wire-wrapped pendants either. I preferred drilled and a bail as this least obstruct the view and feel of a crystal, and I do always feel the energy changes by metal (cage, wiring).
But that's me. I think it's very subjective.
Old 03-05-2021, 04:17 PM
Master
Definitely like making jewellery—- I have a bracelet I made of some stones , as well... nice presents to my self! —- definitely different stone have properties... best one for the meaning... I have a shop not far from me that sells different ones... I just had random stones, coulourful ones...lol

Hope you enjoy it!

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 03-05-2021, 04:51 PM
Pathfinder

Yay you guys are awesome I never would have known that existed. I am going to try making two. I like the idea of being able to take the crystal out without damaging it. Woot woot!