Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 13-02-2017, 11:02 AM
Ascender
Walking

Walking is fun. I do it 1 hour (at least) in the morning and 1 hour in the evening.
I read some article how exercise give you more happiness and I am agree with it.
I find it become so peaceful when I walk (try to be mindfully but sometimes enjoying my wandering mind) around. My body become light, full of energy and enthusiasm.

I do other exercise as well like weightlifting and push up and some guide complete workout from youtube but I know what I am waiting for is walking outside. I want to walk more and more.
Old 13-02-2017, 01:31 PM
Deactivated Account

Hello Shrek,

Nice seeing you again
I agree it can be therapeutic, do you walk in silence/contemplation or do you have ear buds and hear music

I prefer to jog/run, but walking it good to. I get break a decent sweat with it. :P
Old 13-02-2017, 05:53 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek
Walking is fun. I do it 1 hour (at least) in the morning and 1 hour in the evening.
I read some article how exercise give you more happiness and I am agree with it.
I find it become so peaceful when I walk (try to be mindfully but sometimes enjoying my wandering mind) around. My body become light, full of energy and enthusiasm.

I do other exercise as well like weightlifting and push up and some guide complete workout from youtube but I know what I am waiting for is walking outside. I want to walk more and more.

That's a nice post, and encouraging to the less active - thanks Shrek!
Old 15-02-2017, 01:49 AM
Master
I walk...fast and hard about 4 or 5 times a week for about 45 minutes to an hour and love it!

I don't like to run because of the pounding on my knees, ankles and hip joints...but boy do I love to walk!

I hunt the mountains of New Mexico and Colorado every fall for elk and the couple of months leading up to elk season I'll start doing my walks with a loaded back pack to simulate the load I carry while hunting.

It's a great aerobic workout!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 15-02-2017, 06:13 AM
Master
I don't have a car. So you can just imagine how much walking i must be doing lol. Especially while traveling.
Old 15-03-2017, 07:46 PM
Pathfinder
Physical Body, loves movement.

Walking between beautiful scenery, in nature, brings joy and happiness within our lives. The more we can walk, the better.

In our busy daily lives, most of the people, don't find time to walk. Therefore, for some, having job to which they need to walk, is a great way to get little bit of this wonderful experience.

But, who does find time to walk by himself, out of his choice, is blessed thousand fold; life stretches arms to hug him, showing him the beauty of existence.

Happy Walking

~ Thinkershine
Old 17-03-2017, 07:50 PM
Master
Quote:

Shrek - That's so wonderful that you fit in 2 hours a day to walk. What a great way to start and end the day. I elliptical 4 days out of the week and weight train 2-3. But when I do get a chance to go walking in place of getting on the elliptical, it just feels so good. It feels great to be outside, take in the smells the scenery, and to work my legs and heart in a way that working out inside just can't compare.

When my dog was alive, I walked every day. It was to exercise her, sure, but even if there was a blizzard or rain storm, I'd still go. Even broke my ankle on ice once because I was too set on going regardless to the weather. It felt like something I just had to do every day. I miss that.
Old 17-03-2017, 08:46 PM
Master
Walking is something I enjoy as well and get about an hour and a half in, if not more just about everyday. Basically, like ocean breeze, I walk to anywhere I need to go and where I live, there's a lot of uphill and downhill which adds to the intensity of the walk. It becomes second nature and feels so good... really helps when feeling down.
Old 27-07-2017, 04:50 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:

i agree, walking is a great way to clear the mine and so peaceful!
Old 27-07-2017, 06:30 AM
Seeker

Good for all ages, too, not to forget economical, a big bonus!