Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 05-12-2016, 02:35 AM
Newbie ;)

Libyan Desert Glass

I just got a small piece of Libyan Desert Glass at a crystal shop by me. I read that it supposingly was formed from a meteorite impact, but then I read that there was nuclear bombing done there. I hope it doesn't have radiation in it. It really is cool to think I have something that came from the Egyptian desert.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:11 PM
Deactivated Account
Libyan Desert Glass is a tektite formed about 30 millions years ago. It contains some traces of iridium (I guess that's why there are stories about nuclear things), but iridium loses its potency quite quickly.
Libyan Desert Glass it is definitely a stone of ancient origin (many, many scientific evidences), well know to local people long time before the era of nuclear weapons.
Don't worry, enjoy working with your crystal :)
Old 07-12-2016, 07:52 PM
Experiencer

Ooh, pictures maybe?
Trigger Warning: I am neither FDA Approved nor USDA Certified. Certain subject matter is prohibited by federal law; I'm a good girl, so please don't publicly discuss such things with me. Privately message me if you'd like to ask personal questions.

My advice may contain words known in the state of California to offend people. Attempt any activities I discuss at your own risk. I ask odd questions and give answers you won't want to hear. Come to me as a last resort.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:50 AM
Master
I got a piece of Libyan gold tektite too, bought it because I was curious.
Nothing. I don't get anything of it :(
Maybe it will come one day, don't know. I'm keeping it regardless, because I feel it is quite special. But that's about it. At least for now.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:29 PM
Experiencer

I have never once in my life met any desert glass. Unless I have but just don't know. Either way, something about it is just drawing me, like a magnet. Like an old childhood best friend I only vaguely remember.
Trigger Warning: I am neither FDA Approved nor USDA Certified. Certain subject matter is prohibited by federal law; I'm a good girl, so please don't publicly discuss such things with me. Privately message me if you'd like to ask personal questions.

My advice may contain words known in the state of California to offend people. Attempt any activities I discuss at your own risk. I ask odd questions and give answers you won't want to hear. Come to me as a last resort.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:00 PM
Experiencer
The theory for the creation of Tektites is that a meteorite/asteroid impacted the earth and the ejected debris/material was molten by the extreme heat from the impact and upon cooling the fused molten material turned into a form of glass which we now know as Tektites. A big misconception is that Tektites (including Moldavite) are space rocks or space glass, they are not, they are composed of terrestrial material.

Since no crater had been found to link it to Libyan Dessert Glass another theory was developed in which the meteorite/asteroid exploded in the air at a low altitude before it could impact the earth, creating a heated shock wave like that of an atomic bomb. The creation of LDG is compared to that of Trinitite, perhaps that's where you got the nuclear bombing idea. Trinitite was created in the New Mexico dessert when the USA military conducted a nuclear bomb test.

In the last few years a site was found which is believed to be a crater which is now being liked to LDG (Kebira Crater) which shoots down the 2nd theory.
Old 25-01-2017, 02:11 AM
Knower

Yea Libyan Desert Glass is cool! I have one and it warms my body. Now I wear my moldavite, and think the Libyan desert glass suits my father more so I gave it to him. It is connected to a shy spirit so I shall sneak into my dad's room and talk to him again when I have time.
Old 21-03-2017, 07:08 PM
Pathfinder

The materials from which its composed is terrestrial but the energy that created it is something of another world, right?
Old 22-03-2017, 10:42 AM
Deactivated Account
It's still uncertain.
It's mostly composed of vaporized desert sand, but some trace metals could be meteoric materials.
Old 27-03-2017, 02:48 AM
Knower

"It's mostly composed of vaporized desert sand, but some trace metals could be meteoric materials." I think so too.

As for the energy, each tektite, including Libyan Desert Glass, is like a mobile phone connected to a spirit. Those spirits are usually spiritual masters/ guides (including the Buddha, gun yin, holy creatures like dragons and unicorns, and many other "terrestrial beings" we are unheard of). They are not constrained by space, so they can coexist here and in other worlds.