Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 17-11-2021, 10:24 AM
Experiencer
Fish What was one mistake you did with using Crystals metaphysically?

Sure, we can say there are no mistakes, only experiences

Intro

But I do remember some of the wise advices from some old members in here, even from when I was just embarking on my journey with crystals 5 years ago, that I should be careful with crystals and that sometimes they can also do 'harm' and not always just good. This 'harm' in our context does not mean necessarily bad and negative in the classic sense, but perhaps a 'wrong choice', in a somewhat self-misleading way.

Point 1A

For example someone who may have certain problems which are created exactly because of being very ungrounded, has lots of ideas but with poor manifestation, that person may use even more ungrounding crystals to obtain even more insight on top of other insights and leading to a train of forever good insights that never become more than just that - thoughts, as good and enlightening as they may be, they pop like soda bubbles with no purpose. Therefore, the person picks a high vibration crystal which may nurture and stabilize the emotion of the person, but it would not help to manifest and fix the root problem, and if it does bring awareness to it, the awareness cannot be sustain on a grounded level of manifestation. On the other hand, if that person would use a grounding stone and improve the issues associated with lower chakras, become grounded and go from no manifestation to manifestation to instant manifestation of ideas and thoughts, well that is a good choice and use of crystals.

Point 1B

Continuing on this idea, the high vibration crystals are useful indeed, however it can keep someone running in circles for months and years. The same way, even grounding crystals of a lower vibration, they might keep somebody in a loop doing the same old thing, manifesting all day and what not, but always not being able to see more than his tunnel vision - then when this person highly grounded begins to use a higher vibration crystal and obtain powerful insights, he can actually manifest them in a healthy way.

Point 2

But it is not so white and black, there are many shades in between.

It is more complex than this I believe. If someone is in a lot of emotional pain, regardless of being grounded or ungrounded, sometimes a good high vibration crystal can nurture and soothe the pain, giving time to recover and bring some clarity to the issue. For another person in the same position, a grounding crystal may bring protective energies and shield against toxicity of others of one's self.

Final Point

In the end, we learn as we walk our own path. From all of my experience, there is one thing I noticed that is an unshakable truth and guide - the intuition. If we cultivate it and learn to listen it, it can be our best guide in life, including the use of crystals and any other aspect in our life. Sometimes when I don't know which crystal to use for my need in a particular case, I listen to my intuition and can clearly sense what feels as the right pick.
Old 17-11-2021, 11:30 AM
Mistakes with crystals?
NOT wearing my quartz crystal necklace in a car ride with my mother in the 90's.
l'll never forget. I was about to unlock the door and jump out...Las Vegas to the Hoover Dam.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-11-2021, 12:26 PM
Master
In my experience you never go wrong when you follow your intuition. When you're not ready for high vibrational crystals because you aren't high vibrational (yet) there is a mismatch.
The same with grounding crystals, which aren't lower in vibration at all. They can also be high vibrational and have too strong of a grounding effect on you.

None of that will happen when you follow your gut feeling.
I've never felt held back nor have I been running in circles because/with crystals. But I've never really bought what didn't resonate either.
Typically you also don't feel drawn to crystals that aren't a match. If you then end up buying them it's likely because of advice from others.

It's the same with all energywork: listen to your intuition and what you feel drawn to.
For instance, I could not have done the stuff I am busy with now. I wasn't 'there' yet. I still had too much dense energy in issues to work out in my own system.
It works exactly that way with everything, including crystals.
Follow your intuition and you won't go wrong.
Old 18-11-2021, 07:51 PM
Knower
I second everything Bubbles and Fairy say. Miss Hepburn, haha, that’s funny.

One ‘mistake’ I made when I started to work with crystals is sleeping with high vibe clear quartz on the body. Too energizing. There are exceptions though. Some pieces are fine in bed. Not all clear quartz is the same, some pieces have slow and grounding energy.

Thinking that black obsidian is a ‘scary’ stone (way back). It’s not. It’s actually a comforting stone. For me it is. The more the better. Love it.

Overstimulating myself with high vibe stones by picking them up all day long. There’s a place and time for everything.

Making too big of a deal out of the cleansing and charging thing. A quick rinse with water and letting them rest on some selenite is enough in most cases. Maybe some sound therapy with a Tibetan bowl once in a while. My crystals are getting energized by being appreciated and being in the company of other crystals. A few prefer a little more space for themselves. What they love most is gratitude and respect.

Thinking that crystal gurus are a big deal. They’re not. That doesn’t mean that I don’t appreciate them, I do. We all need inspiration and entertainment.

Experiment. Change the rules. I sleep with Red Jaspis on the solar plexus three out of seven nights. The books tell me not to. But it’s amazing. I usually fall asleep within minutes.
Old 24-11-2021, 08:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor
Thinking that black obsidian is a ‘scary’ stone (way back). It’s not. It’s actually a comforting stone. For me it is. The more the better. Love it.
I had the same thing, a little bit. The first I got was a rainbow obsidian elongated alien skull. It was the most beautiful rainbow obsidian I've ever seen. But knowing the stories of obsidian, and never having had it before, and it being that type of skull, I was curious.
Not scared, more like "I wonder how I'm going to fare with it!" I felt prepared for having stuff come up.
However... the first night she (the skull had a female energy) was in bed with me and that didn't change for months on end!!
I felt great with her there, so incredibly held, safe, protected. A strong force with me as I slept.
I never had a confronting experience.
The only other piece I have is a sleeping black cat carving of black obsidian. Never had a problem with that either :)
Old 26-11-2021, 11:19 AM
Experiencer
Hmm sounds quite interesting, almost as if I can feel the vibe you're talking about regarding your obsidian. It can really be very protecting but also always pointing out the cause and roots of it if you get to know it in time.
Old 26-11-2021, 11:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles
Hmm sounds quite interesting, almost as if I can feel the vibe you're talking about regarding your obsidian. It can really be very protecting but also always pointing out the cause and roots of it if you get to know it in time.
No, as I illustrated with my example, not always.
I suppose it depends on where you are on your path, in other words what you have already cleared. Likely also your own openness and willingness to work through things and your awareness of things. Jumping Jack cannot scare you when you've already seen it and know it's there.
Not everyone has awareness of what is still in their system. I suppose in such cases obsidian can be an overwhelming or shocking wake-up call.
Old 10-12-2021, 11:56 AM
Guide

What if there are no mistakes? Every action has an outcome and from each outcome is the possibility to learn.