Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 05-11-2021, 02:34 PM
Newbie ;)

How do I come to terms with a past life trauma?

Hi everyone and thanks for letting me join this forum :)

I had past life memories when I was a child. Quite strong ones and I remember saying weird things to my mum like "I want to meet my old friends, but I can't remember their names" or "I want to go to where I used to live, but I don't know where it is". It was just very strong and vivid.

When I was 15 we went travelling and we went through a town and I knew my way around. I knew how it had changed, which buildings were there that didn't used to be there etc. The weirdest thing I've ever experienced happened in this town. I walked up this hill and it was a heavily populated area with lots of houses. Then as I walked I suddenly, for a fraction of a second, saw the whole place as just field. It literally lasted about a tenth of a second where all I saw was field, then back to being a place with hundreds of houses. I later asked a person who knew the area well when the houses were built. He said they were built in the 50s and 60s. I then asked him what was there before the houses were built, to which he replied "it was all field".

Anyway, I'm in my 30s now and I don't really have memories anymore, the way I did when I was a child. However, one thing does not go away. I've always known I was shot and killed in my past life and that I didn't want to die. I know it happened too quick for me to really understand what had happened. I get pains in my left upper back/upper chest area and I also have a birthmark on my upper left chest. The pain doesn't bother me though, but there are images that haunt me. I keep getting this strong image in my head of someone aiming a gun at me and shooting. If I'm stressed or overwhelmed about things it can get very strong and make me worried. If I'm out at night and someone walks towards me or behind me that I can't see the face of I get the image in my head clear as day.

I'm terrified of doing a past life regression as I'm scared of what I might experience. I've tried deep meditations and they can help in the short term. My question is, does anyone have any experience/knowledge about this? I don't consider myself to be very spiritual or enlightened in other ways. I feel I know deep down that I have these memories simply because of the way I died - that it was a traumatic shooting that I didn't know was coming and that I didn't want to die. Can anyone give me any advice to get past this? I'd be very, very grateful.
Old 05-11-2021, 06:44 PM
Master

Hello Sojo5 and welcome to the forum.

It is not uncommon for children to recall an immediate past life but such memories usually fade by the age of 7, when consciousness is more fully grounded in the physical body.

So you are afraid of doing a past-life regression because you don't want to re-experience the trauma of being shot. From all that I have read about past-life regressions, reliving the trauma does remove the fear which we have carried over with us from that lifetime.

And sometimes avoiding the issue causes us more problems and pain than whatever it is we are trying to avoid. So re-experiencing your traumatic death may be less painful than continuing to live with your memories. It could be very cathartic.

Of course, you need to find a good hypnotherapist who is familiar with such issues.

Good luck.

Peace