Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 13-02-2024, 03:17 AM
Newbie ;)

How Detailed Are You When Reading For Others?

Hello, lovely card readers. I've been reading for myself, close friends, and family for many years now, but I want to further my skill and begin offering free readings to acquaintances and strangers. I'm confident in my methods and know my decks well, but there's something I'm curious about when it comes to telling the actual fortunes...

When you read for others, do you say specifically what each card means, weaving the fortune as you go along, piece by piece? Or do you look at the cards, read them silently to yourself, then simply tell the client the full picture?

I hope that makes sense. So far, I've mostly done the former, saying such things as, "This card usually speaks of these matters, and surrounded by these cards, this seems to be what it's trying to say here." I'm wondering if it might be easier to instead say things like, "This seems to be what the situation is, and the cards say to act upon it in this way."

I'm sure I'll figure out my own way of giving the fortunes as I get more practice, but I was curious about how others here like to tell theirs.

Cheers, darlings ♡
Old 13-02-2024, 08:44 AM
Glenda

I love the way you are passionate about card reading and both methods you mentioned having right merit to do it in best way. Keep it up!!
Old 13-02-2024, 08:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenda
I love the way you are passionate about card reading and both methods you mentioned having right merit to do it in best way. Keep it up!!
Are you a card reader ??? If so can you explain your method ??
Thanks.
Old 13-02-2024, 08:52 AM
Master

Hi Fruitbat.
I am a card reader and have done readings for the last 25 years.
I am also Empath / sensitive and I work with the cards plus my intuitive and that combination has never let me down.
Old 13-02-2024, 12:08 PM
Master
You can do it any way you want it. The way that suits you, feels right and natural to you, is the best way to go.
If you're wondering about doing it another way, why not just try that and see how it feels to you?

Personally I don't do fortune telling and don't call it 'fortune' either. To me fortune telling is the carnival stuff, a gipsy woman with a crystal ball telling you will win the jackpot next week, your Soulmate is round the corner and you'll meet him within a month and so on.

Maybe some read that stuff, I don't. What I do is read what someone can do to get more money and/or successful and/or happy in love etc. And why it hasn't worked out so far.
These things are in the control of people, it tells them what they can do as opposed to fancy stories that keep them inactive, hoping & waiting for it to come to them.

But it all comes down to what feels good to you as a reader.
To me it has to gel with my Soul purpose, what I have to offer and how I wish to serve people and the planet.
Old 17-02-2024, 01:59 AM
Administrator
Hello

Find the way that works for you the best. I do not see it as telling a fortune more its a guideline of what "Might Be" in the path. You can see the Year Readings I do for members here in the Reading Section. I give an outline of what might be in the path.

For me I do not use the Guide Book of card meanings for the deck I use, I go on the image on the card and intuition around the card. So the same card could mean something different in a reading for two people.

When I do a year reading it's a 4 card pull per month unless I am guided to pull more. I go totally on the intuition feelings nothing more. I too can do traditional to the "Book" readings in Raiders but I do not prefer that method.

If I was to take to heart as 'fact" readings I have had over the years I might not be where I am today. Its an outline is all something to give insights.

Example at 18 I had a reading done by a very top reader, and I was told I would be with only one man til death parted us, and that I would have 3 children later in life.

Well I had the three children but I got free from the abusive EX to marry a new man I met here on site. So part of the outline was true the other part was not in the cards LOL.

Lynn
Old 17-02-2024, 10:11 AM
Administrator
You have to read what way feels right for you I have got cards but I am not a card reader

Namaste
Old 18-02-2024, 11:17 PM
Master
[B I know my readings I did my family in 2022 a lot them was spot on
My brother-in-law I was so spot on God bless him no is in spirit
My sister she had as***** deal of Cards but then caught on soy sauce very sorry for swearing on here but the cards were on
She evolves hiding something that's cancerous growth on her tone on earth tongue of only I knew about seven and I would do actor to the hospital I might have a black eye and I smack in the mouth my process but I would say to a lot of pain and agnesh and so on
My mix my niece caught spot on my nephew who I grew up with cos for on my nephews wife called
My brother on my card spawn and they were my witches Wisdom cards I remember that pretty well because it was Christmas to thousand and 22 because my sister and children the way they come to their Grandad they loved him so much and I have a feeling they will not be here into false and 23 and I was right he did pass away into a 2023 but saddams is vibrations and so says I get vote the cards and before the cards some of them is upsetting but as part of my spiritual psychic gift but I'll protest for everything I did wrong in this life to everybody on here and my past lives the prove I'm above personal life to prove I am not a bad person this life
My cards I opened myself lately some of them I was similar ones on Facebook
Big happy change funeral HomeCare which I do want to do if on the spiritual Instinct in turf I was my playing cards and don't know when I was teaching myself waiting
]...............................[/b]

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 23-02-2024, 09:44 PM
Knower
I may need to be bolder in readings. I see things and I think, 'I can't say that.' Sometimes though it's necessary to add something in the kindest way possible. The person will understand straight away and will let you know if they want you to go on, or whether to drop it. Never, never predict death, illness, bankruptcy or anything else of that nature.

Last edited by Jillity : 24-02-2024 at 07:20 AM.
Old 24-02-2024, 05:49 AM
Master

I usually produce a small alinea of as much of detail as possible... My intuition spares me the love and light and focuses more on helpful data for problem solving.