Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 11-01-2015, 11:50 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Observation > Common Sense > Intellect > Wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
Thank You R6!! :) Common sense with the underpinnings of observational honesty is something we need to be seeing more of! I'm not a big fan of empty guessing being sold as established certainty.

To be clear, you comments were specific to the repetitious "God is light" statements, as if God is light period, and all else is then hogwash.

I have no problem with beliefs of whatever, I do appreciate beliefs that from stem rationally logical conclusions based on our observations of the environment we observe, and make deductions from.

Ashes to ashes and dust is true-- to whatever degree ---of biologicals/souls, and in heat death scenarios of our finite, occupied space Universe, as result of entropy, are speculated that all will become a very large-- long wave/frequency ---single photon i.e. matter to EMRadiation only.

Thanks again for your cut to the chase wisdom.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 12-01-2015, 12:30 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
You can search my threads through all the archives, I have NEVER stepped away from a challange, and have debated all comers; God is in my view, period! And I could care less who believes it, which is why I am not insisting; I am relating my views, and I seriously believe my views; I have seen all other views, looked at all other alternitives; and I still see God as the true core of all things.

And until something better comes along, I am sticking to that track of consciousness.
So do you feel that if you changed your views about god then the reality of god would change as well? You did say it's your "view". A view is imaginative by nature and usually cultural by design. So to be more factual, you are dedicated to how you "imagine" god to be, and use supportive speculation to help bolster this loosely defined image?
Old 12-01-2015, 12:33 AM
Ascender
Quote:
This thread is going somewhere as well, and it will go where I take it!
I've been watching the far flung views in this tread and if you think you can tame that toward your own image of things, I warmly wish you the best of luck! :)
Old 12-01-2015, 12:43 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
To be clear, you comments were specific to the repetitious "God is light" statements, as if God is light period, and all else is then hogwash.

I have no problem with beliefs of whatever, I do appreciate beliefs that from stem rationally logical conclusions based on our observations of the environment we observe, and make deductions from.

I'm straddling a funny line with all this myself. I'm ready to defend either or both, spirituality and science. Each have their strengths and each their weaknesses. What saddens me about spirituality, as it seems normally practiced, is this almost total lack of discipline or responsibility. Someone says that they believe something and that's it. Political correctness kicks in and no one dares suggest otherwise. So we have all sorts to imagery flying all over the place making the whole spiritual cabal looking childish. I find this disturbing.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:44 AM
Master
Quote:
So do you feel that if you changed your views about god then the reality of god would change as well? You did say it's your "view". A view is imaginative by nature and usually cultural by design. So to be more factual, you are dedicated to how you "imagine" god to be, and use supportive speculation to help bolster this loosely defined image?

My views of God has changed every year for the past 15 years; and they will change more in the coming future; I only have " A present understanding"; I had so much deception in me, I had to unlearn, and still unlearn that as I grow.

We are surrounded by pure deception and growing blockage to the truth.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:48 AM
Master
Quote:
I've been watching the far flung views in this tread and if you think you can tame that toward your own image of things, I warmly wish you the best of luck! :)

I don't need any luck; the truth has legs of its own to stand on, and it does not need me or any other human.

I would rather be far flung, than to think only inside this ordinary box. I would rather think extra ordinary;

but thank you for the warmth. I am sure the thread will be fine; it was before you came, and I think it will continue after you are gone.

Peace then.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:58 AM
Ascender
Quote:
My views of God has changed every year for the past 15 years; and they will change more in the coming future; I only have " A present understanding"; I had so much deception in me, I had to unlearn, and still unlearn that as I grow.

We are surrounded by pure deception and growing blockage to the truth.
I hope you're not being changed toward a conditioned response? I've talked to so many "believers" who seem truly out-of-it. They have forced themselves over the years to become single mindedly anchored to a very narrow set of perceptions, to the point where they can see little else. Life is huge, it's open ended, and Every Single Aspect of Existence is on the table to be explored. To crawl oneself into a narrowly defined construct, and then view all else as suspect, is sadly a waste of ones uniquely participatory consciousness.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:59 AM
Ascender
Quote:

but thank you for the warmth. I am sure the thread will be fine; it was before you came, and I think it will continue after you are gone.

I'm sure it was, and will be. :)
Old 12-01-2015, 01:18 AM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Complex Beyond Our Wildest Dreams imho

Quote:
organic born---I'm straddling a funny line with all this myself. I'm ready to defend either or both, spirituality and science.

Both have valid aspects. imho. The fundamentalist to fret over straddling a line, as they have put all of there cards in one basket/box and have no desire to look outside if that basket/box and see truly consider another set of viewpoints.

Quote:
Each have their strengths and each their weaknesses. What saddens me about spirituality, as it seems normally practiced, is this almost total lack of discipline or responsibility.

A set of morals to live by so-to-speak so good ole fashion moral teachings persae?
Quote:
Someone says that they believe something and that's it. Political correctness kicks in and no one dares suggest otherwise.

It does take courage to walk a more generalized line of consideration of many viewpoints, and to admit, that, we the individual do not always know what is the correct thing to say, or do.

Those who claim to have all the answers and always know what is best, are not really being considerate of great complexity that surrounds us. That makes it easier for them to not be as considerate of the greater complexity. imho

Quote:
So we have all sorts to imagery flying all over the place making the whole spiritual cabal looking childish. I find this disturbing.

Yeah, that is partly why there exist written rules--- ex Bible, Koran, moral toolbox etc --- to go back too when we humans are in not sure is best path forward for the immense complexity of events coming our way.

Of course the problem arises when those rules-- written by humans ---to not fit the situation{ set of circumstances }. Laws to deal with ever changing technologies the bring never before seen sets of circumstances.

Internet, personal drones, privacy issues, and many more that I cannot think of.

The fundamentalist goes to there book and that is fine for some stuff, under some circumstances. And then there are so many interpreataions of what is written.

IT IS complex far beyond our wildest dreams. imho. I dunno.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 12-01-2015, 02:26 AM
Master
Quote:
I hope you're not being changed toward a conditioned response? I've talked to so many "believers" who seem truly out-of-it. They have forced themselves over the years to become single mindedly anchored to a very narrow set of perceptions, to the point where they can see little else. Life is huge, it's open ended, and Every Single Aspect of Existence is on the table to be explored. To crawl oneself into a narrowly defined construct, and then view all else as suspect, is sadly a waste of ones uniquely participatory consciousness.

Its just as many unbelievers who seem out of it; single minded people don't change, my view of God changes every year, as I said. To me, God IS the vastness, he IS the future, he IS growing expanding knowledge. Because he is responsible for evry single aspect of reality out there; not man! And in my view, those who have narrowed their view into defined construct, its not a sad thing, its a choice. Some don't want or need the universal explinations and expanse; they are content with what little they know.