Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 15-10-2022, 10:54 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Just thought I'd let you know, Reincarnation was in the Bible until that Roman Emperor tampered with it. (So as to further influence folk how to behave).
Another piece of confusion.
see; https://probe.org/was-reincarnation-ever-in-the-bible/

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 15-10-2022, 12:24 PM
Suspended
Guide

Re your post#11 Busby, that article is rubbish think It was Emperor Constantine in around 300ad who tampered with the Bible, Miss Hepburn.
The argument works both way's Busby. Can she prove reincarnation doesn't exist without a doubt?
Old 15-10-2022, 12:33 PM
Suspended
Guide

This is my thinking...........

When we pass, our soul will eventually,(after all the process 'that are known to us),eventually merge with Universal consciousness and will eventually reincarnate as part of that consciousness. So our souls will be a mixture of memories from other, souls.

This is my thinking and not to be taken as fact.
Old 15-10-2022, 12:38 PM
First, lemme say - doesn't matter to me what people believe ---however,
there are 2 sides to this to present to readers that are interested in Bible references...
that they may not have considered. And there are more.

Jesus himself assured his disciples that John the Baptist was Elijah returned:
"But I tell you, Elijah has come, and they have done to him everything they wished, just as it is written about him."
(Mark 9:13)

"For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come." --Matt 11:13-14

"But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him…" Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.
-Matt 17:12-13

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-10-2022, 12:55 PM
Then we have the classic ole, almost in neon lights:

As he went along he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him,
"Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" -John 9:1-2

And Jesus NEVER corrects them in any way, just answers them.
''…when Melchizedek met Abraham, Levi was still in the body of his ancestor.'' -Hebrews 7:10

For those interested: An article on reincarnation and verses removed.
https://www.christians.eu/reincarnation-bible/

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-10-2022, 02:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Just thought I'd let you know, Reincarnation was in the Bible until that Roman Emperor tampered with it. (So as to further influence folk how to behave).

Hamada guess,

Just letting you know….many on this very thread have openly stated they do not believe the Bible….I cannot see how they could then use the Bible to validate their belief in reincarnation….let’s be consistent….
Old 15-10-2022, 03:22 PM
Suspended
Guide

Oh Molearner,I believe in Reincarnation but I cannot take the Bible seriously as i don't know what has been altered during the Years.
The original text I would take seriously but what is it?
Old 15-10-2022, 06:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
As he went along he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him,
"Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" -John 9:1-2
And Jesus NEVER corrects them in any way, just answers them.
''…when Melchizedek met Abraham, Levi was still in the body of his ancestor.'' -Hebrews 7:10
Hi,

There is lots and lots of wiggle room in the Bible concerning reincarnation. The go to verse for literalists to deny reincarnation(provided by the URL you cited) is Hebrews 9:27….”And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgement…”

Read ‘appointed’ however you wish…I can read it as ‘intended’…..ie that is the ideal scenario. Judgement: a judge(God) has many options if one is found guilty. These options are the sentence he hands down. It can be death, life in prison, or a certain number of years(some with time off for good behavior or parole). Anything other than death could be reincarnation, purgatory, etc, Continual and repetitive reincarnation would seem to be a succession of life sentence…..the earth being your ‘prison’. Good behavior can be seen as repentance and being born again. That would be the escape clause…..whereby one gains entry to eternal life. By the way, in regards to ‘appointment’….one that misses the appointment must reschedule…..you think about what that inconvenience might mean….:)

In reference to the scriptures that you cited, I am in agreement with you. The silence of Jesus to correct this belief seems to confirm the existence of reincarnation. In this specific case, however, He stated this was not connected to reincarnation. It must be remembered that the Spirit had been taken away from the time of the Fall. It was only restored after the coming of Jesus. Access to eternal life was only by the will of God. Essentially salvation was out of the realm of possibility. It was with the arrival of Jesus that abundant(eternal) life became possible. Think of the joy of Peter, James and John at the transfiguration upon seeing Moses. Moses had been denied entry to the Promised Land, yet here he was…..it indicated the existence of a Plan B…..:)

Now for the second scripture that mentioned Levi. This is a special and unique circumstance. They had protected status. Deuteronomy 18:2 speaking of the Levites….”They shall have no inheritance among their brothers; the LORD is their inheritance, as he promised them.” A normal inheritance is used to ensure the continuance and survival of a family. Technically Levi was always a Son of God prior to setting foot on the earth. This too, IMO, cannot be viewed as indicative of reincarnation.

In summary, I accept reincarnation as reality….but only as a substitute for our intended purpose….ie…to get it right the first time. I see no sense in the contact of disincarnate spirits to hasten one’s spiritual journey. Why not go directly to the source itself…..meaning the 3 in 1 ?
Old 16-10-2022, 06:56 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
For those interested: An article on reincarnation and verses removed.
https://www.christians.eu/reincarnation-bible/
[/size]

Actually, Miss Hepburn this article confirms that reincarnation isn't and never has been a part of biblical teachings.

I recommend 'A History of the Bible' by John Barton, Professor of the Interpretation of the Holy Scriptures at Oxford University. Published 2019
ISBN; 978-0-141-97850-5 A challenging read but well worth the effort.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 16-10-2022, 06:00 PM
Master
I believe we can’t reunite with tfs until reincarnation has been dealt- it causes so much suffering but lots of lessons in pain, worth, value, ego,what’s pseudo and what’s real? It’s all apart of the matrix…we do finally escape- teleportation, jumping,time: seems to allude us??

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)