Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 02-11-2022, 01:39 PM
Master

Ok that kinda makes sense. Many thanks
Old 02-11-2022, 07:03 PM
Master

How can one prepare for the dissolution of self into the vastness of Self? Every time this happens for some reason, instinctively I try hold unto an identity and have a very hard time letting go of having an identity, asking repeatedly, who am I? What am I? And not just this, also trying to identify myself with things, even this body. I looked at this body and all I could notice was the organic and I wondered, is this me? How can this be? How can I even be? How can there is even presence of beingness? I notice the anxiety burning the physical body and it's literally burning, like waves of heat, who am I? who am I? what am I? How can I even be? How there's even existence? Endlessly.

I am talking about raw consciousness, blankness, blank state.

Recently I noticed that I can embrace the vastness of Self, I can not describe this but I can do it at will, I meditate and I notice this boundless space and I embrace it, when this happens, all identity vanishes and then starts the quest to find my identity, I can not seem to move away from this. I am actually talking about literally having no identity, no sense of me, a separated being from everybody else.

I can think but there are no thoughts coming in or going out, like all is happening instantly, whatever is in that moment, it is in that moment and it is fully and completely.

When identity vanishes, I do not know what or who I am, like all memory is gone, just raw presence, for some reason, I think, I can't embrace this fully.... I am frantically trying to find an identity that I can call me.
Old 03-11-2022, 02:08 AM
Master
@ ThatMan ~ The manner of unfoldment seems to be unique in each case although we look for similarities as validation to quell lower mind or identity. As such, I can but offer some inputs on the dissolution part at different stages, as it occurred:

(1) At a basic level, when the kundalini rose through the central channel from root to crown, at that time, I, as mind-body consciousness was looking at the energy rise as a force or an object, separate from myself, though at play within the body. A subject-object relationship. Hardcore duality. Thus, when the stream flowed out from a tiny orifice in the fontanel, a question was posed: to pass through, I must agree to dissolve in the stream, if I so wished.

Now, I did agree and so passed through the opening into space, meaning at that level of experience, I let go of, to get to the next offering of grace. The choice to ‘die’ was done instantly, without hesitation, meaning there was neither fear, nor logic (analytical mind) present already. So, what we speak of free will existing at soul level but not ego (identity) level ~ being then, at that time so attuned, the choice was made.

(2) in a deep state of thought rested (or so I assume) meditation, moving as energy through a realm in space, an obstacle, a window, presented itself and I was ‘told’ that if I wished to pass through, I must be totally pure of heart. So, a communication, I as identity, hear the communication from an invisible elder. Duality within what many call oneness.

On passing through, I beheld Shiva in full splendour! He drew me toward Him and straight into His heart, to show me who the ‘dweller of His heart’ is. So I must agree to die, by dissolving in Shiva’s heart. I did but the question is ~ what triggered the acceptance? Again instantaneous without hesitation. Methinks, it is a guided process but ‘the letting go of, to get to’ must be voluntary, since God’s energy is love and love employs no force.

(3) in another meditation, as the already ever present bliss current intensified, the aspect of me experiencing the flame slowly imbibed and assimilated bliss that identity was burnt to ash in the flame and so the formless presence which I Am, vibrated as the bliss flame itself, as a one without a second, in space-time dissolved Absoluteness. Oneness.

These days, it’s about identity rested awareness viewing space with eyes open, which is about seeing the glimmering all pervading light and as such is a happening, a becoming, requiring no internal or external dialogue.

In my view, as long as we still ask ‘to whom does this experience come’, there is a subtle level of resistance owing to perhaps a fear of annihilation of our existence, should we plunge into the abyss. So what’s the solution? Let’s ask two lovers, who have eyes for each other only and so see not anything else.

Edit: You know about the Baphomet episode ~ again a choice, walking away is also a choice but in that case, identity was present. (for others reading this ~ https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...light=Baphomet )

Last edited by Unseeking Seeker : 03-11-2022 at 03:55 AM.
Old 03-11-2022, 06:37 AM
Master

Yep Buddhism doesn’t focus on the astral but they do have a bit to say about the bardo of hungry ghosts. Would that be similar?
Old 03-11-2022, 07:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Yep Buddhism doesn’t focus on the astral but they do have a bit to say about the bardo of hungry ghosts. Would that be similar?

Yes similar in that they are 'States of mind'. Buddhist 'Realms of Existence' may interest you
Old 03-11-2022, 08:46 AM
Master

Yep I’ve read many books about it and I thought the Tibetan book of the living and the dead especially good.
Old 03-11-2022, 04:25 PM
Master

@Unseeking Seeker Thank you for your time and for your answer, there were a few occasions in which the dissolution of self happened naturally without a resistance. For example, most NDEs happen with no resistance for the one experiencing it, in fact, people wish to totally let go of this world and continue into the Light, I've been in such a situation and I was ready to cross over.

I think the reason I am having a hard time it is because this is happening consciously, totally consciously, at will, no sudden heightened consciousness, I see the vastness of Self and " embrace" it, so even though there's no sense of me the human aspect is still there, the blank state.

Your experiences are amazing, clearly you've seen much, to you, it came naturally, as I get it from your words, but to me it feels that I am carrying myself over there, on my own strength and will. Like, literally, opening Heaven's gate on my own and not through some sort of a mystical experience which I had and have many.

Thank you for giving the example of your experiences so that I too can follow your example and embrace the vastness of self completely.
Old 04-11-2022, 01:40 AM
Master
@ ThatMan ~ at end of days, each person’s experience is unique, in that it is subtly layered with residual samskaras* (*tendencies, carry forward). The examples I shared pertain to my journey. Yours is different, so you must self-discover the impediment, if any. The key difference, as I see it from what you say ‘I am carrying myself over there on my own strength and will’ is not what applies in my case, for my will is simply being still, as I am, where I am, anticipating nothing and seeking no outcome.

To put matters in greater perspective, let’s consider divine light. For a long time, I did not experience it but we see that many do. Now, there are kriya yoga techniques and it’s in the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra too on how we may ‘see the light’ by stilling our eyeballs and so forth ~ but I never adopted any practice, recognising that God’s power, which moves and facilitates everything, it will enable if and as and when needed. So, the spiritual yearning (read desire) too is set aside. What is, is. Not laziness but surrender, whilst holding still awareness, in as much as able.

So as I said, each orientation is nuanced and therefore each tiny stream merges with the river along a different path, propelled by God’s love.
Old 04-11-2022, 04:42 AM
Master

Astral entanglement

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Buddhism as a philosophy may not focus on the astral plane, but Buddhists are normal human beings with all the normal human limitations. Being a Buddhist does not mean that someone has automatically transcended the astral plane with all its illusions and desires. So I would suggest that most Buddhists are no more free from astral entanglements than anyone else.

Peace

Yes I think I would agree with that. Makes sense really
Old 12-11-2022, 09:06 PM
Master

@Unseeking Seeker Thank you for answering back. Letting go seems to be extremely powerful, to completely let go and surrender, when I do this I always have some sort of an experience, not as if I am looking for one, it just happens when I surrender.

Lately I've been experiencing states of hyper consciousness and these moments are incredible and mind blowing but they do not last much. These are not new but they are more and more frequent, what about you, I knew these experiences are common with people involved with meditation.