Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 28-05-2013, 02:31 AM
Orlando

Visualization while meditating?

Is that a good thing or not? Or does it not matter? I heard that meditation is just clearing the mind so I don't know.
Old 28-05-2013, 03:34 AM
Billi

I've struggled with this too.

In my opinion, there are different types of meditation. The 'original' form of meditation, as in the 'mindful meditation' requires you to clear the mind.

However, I regularly practice meditation with a purpose...to connect to 'The Source', God, Spirit Guides, to clear my chakras, to send healing light/energy to people I know are in need, and on and on and on.

I don't think it really matters whether you visualize during meditations or not, just depends on what your purpose is. That being said, if you've never practiced mindful meditation, I suggest you try, just to experience it. Difficult at first, it leaves you with a sense of peace.
Old 28-05-2013, 08:21 AM
Master
It seems unlikely that there is a right or wrong way to meditate anymore than there is a for prayer.

However depending what one's goal is would depend on what style one used for meditating.

I came by it naturally outside of any instruction so let it develop with a very open mind and the only thing I tried to not do was have word thoughts happening - ie mental monologue/dialogue.

It wasn't long before I began to see wispy colors and colored smoke rings moving across my interior field of vision after I achieved a state of No Mind (no words/dialogue)
I noticed that they stopped when I had thoughts about them, so it became a game to simply Observe them with zero mental dialog and see how developed these wispy moving clouds could get. In time I learned to be like a little spaceship and drive through the holes in the clouds which was amazing without actually acknowledging it through thought.

In time the misty clouds turned into fractals, the fractals leading to landscape which could be explored by maintaining this no thinking Observer state.

In time these led to moving my consciousness out of my body and to whereever Spirit desired to go, occasionally I could even set the Intention of viewing a previous life before dropping into meditation and then after the mist, fractal part of the meditation I would see short 'video clips' of other places/times with a sense of knowing and recognition that it was something from my spirits previous experiences in body.

When I look back on it it was a very natural organic exploration that lead to this and many other stages/abilities in meditation.

My best advice to you would be, just let your spirit be your guide, don't judge, just observe and after the meditation is over you can analyse it if you want - just not during because thought stops the most interesting stuff from happening. Don't think you made it up, don't discredit what you saw.

If you do begin to move your consciousness to other places Just Observe...pay special attention to details, things your egoaic mind wouldn't know so couldn't have invented. These will become your guide posts for gauging authentic experiences. One of my first proofs was discovering a light atmosphere on an asteroid, I know nothing about asteroids so my thinking mind wouldn't have never added such a detail and in fact would have gone the other way if it was a dream/imagining. So watch for little details that mind couldn't have added.

And Enjoy it!
Old 28-05-2013, 10:07 AM
jaydonc

its kind of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando
Is that a good thing or not? Or does it not matter? I heard that meditation is just clearing the mind so I don't know.

It’s kind of clear your mind because meditation attach you with god which relax your mind.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:08 AM
mary01

l heard mediation is the equivalent to dreaming that some people who have meditated for years do no require as much sleep - depending on the quality of their meditation, (not that they meditate better than others but that they get what they need / require from their meditation.)

Thanks Cystalsong l found your advice useful