Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 01:02 AM
Glorymist

Peteyzen - - (Nice to have you back) - -

I'm gonna stay out of this one. The more I say about it - - the more I will perhaps shake somebody's treen when I do not need to do so. You know what to do if you really want to talk this thru.

And - - I ask you please - - it is NOT that I relish duality / non-duality. It is because I can see by what's written - - both here and in the various web sites that are offered as repositories of information - - than a valid understanding of duality / non-duality is NOT being promoted. It is being miscontrued - - along with dozens of other concepts and principles.

But - - such is the Path.

As far as Oneness goes - - the fact that all is made from the same spiritual essence / energy - - Divine Spirit - - whatever you wish to call IT - - is understood. But that is where the concept ends. The fact that electricity can run anything from a toaster to the hydroelectric dynamo makes all the difference to the various appliances. If you are the toaster - - I doubt if you want the charges going thru you that runs the dynamo. There are vast differences between a VW bug and a Lexus. There are vast differences between a 1 dollar bill and a thousand dollar bill. The fact that they are both made of paper is a moot point.

I will never hold soley to the idea that we are all One - - mainly because - - I am not ONE with all other Souls. I can interact with them. I can share with them. I can even share the same space with them. But - - due to my experiences as differeing from theirs - - I am not ONE with them.

Nor will I ever hold to the idea of separation.

We are individual in our realization of LIFE. Who and what we are. Why we are here. To try and explain so much of life under the guise of we are all ONE dismisses what each individual has gone thru. This "all is ONE" concept - - the way it is being promoted - - smacks of spiritual communism.

There is balance of and between the two. No Soul who has worked hard to know who and what It is will honestly admit that I am ONE with the beginner. (And as a reminder - - I do NOT come at this in a superior / inferior way. That is not it at all ! ! I know you know this.)

So - - in essence - - we are all of the same Divine Spiritual Essence. We are vastly different in our realization of Life. Not separate. Different.

Most people don't even really want to get into this. I appreciate your curiosity.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:05 AM
8-infinite-8

[quote=Glorymist]
But once again - - ego is NOT - - "thoughts that you don't want to think." Ego - - is preference. Choice. Opinion. That you what something THIS way or you want it to all happen THAT way or THIS is right and THAT is wrong. Ego is preference as based on survival. In this case - - survival of the old beliefs. The mental patterns we have accepted via which to view and understand Life.
VERY FEW people have control over their thoughts. Maybe for a moment or two - - but overall - - the inner mental chatter is incessant. Which - - is the allure of wanting the mental Silence - - and loving it when it comes - - and feeling the "bliss" of it all when it does. But very few people have control over their thoughts - - and wouldn't know how to go about it if they wanted to. So - - they opt for the silence. Which - - is a major prliminary step for later development.
QUOTE]

I would call it necessity rather than courage but I'l take the compliment anyway , I apreciate your input into the worlds growth in consciousness also Glorymist.

In reguards to the ego not being "thoughts you don't want to think", I dont think i explained my perspective very clearly.
When you get to a point in your spiritual journey as you probably know, you come to a point where you don't want to be egotistical, or, outstanding anymore, & you become more aware of the thoughts in your head, that simply are not your "opinion".
So if you are aware of these thoughts at the same time as dis-identifying from them, you then reduce the power these thoughts can have over you.
So from that state of conscious awareness of your thoughts, I think that any thoughts you don't want to think are ultimately a result of the ego (false self) in my experience any ways.

Time for pizza now
Old 05-08-2006, 12:40 AM
Glorymist

Oh My Goodness ! !

Pizza takes priority over EVERY-thing ! !

mmMMmm <slurp>
Closed Thread