Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Closed Thread

Old 18-12-2006, 10:43 PM
BLAIR2BE

Nibiru? Planet Beyond Pluto Discovered

Nibiru? Planet Beyond Pluto Discovered
Added: Dec 15th, 2006 10:07 AM

A planet beyond Pluto

By News Online Science Editor Dr David Whitehouse

A UK astronomer may have discovered a new and bizarre planet orbiting the Sun, 1,000 times further away than the most distant known planet.

Currently, Pluto is the planet we think of being on the edge of our planetary system.

But the new body would be 30,000 times more distant from the Sun than the Earth - putting it a significant distance on the way to the nearest star.

What is more, it seems that the new planet cannot be a true member of our Sun's family of planets. It may be a planet that was born elsewhere, and roamed throughout the galaxy only to be captured on the outskirts of our own Solar System.

The controversial suggestion that there is another planet in deep space comes from Dr John Murray, of the UK's Open University. For several years, he has been studying the peculiar motions of so-called long-period comets.

Comets deflected

Comets - flying mountains of rock and ice - are thought to come from the cold and dark outer reaches of the Solar System, far beyond the planets in a region called the Oort cloud.

They spend millions of years in the Oort cloud, until they are deflected into an orbit that takes them into the inner Solar System where we can see them.

By analysing the orbits of 13 of these comets, Dr Murray has detected the tell-tale signs of a single massive object that deflected all of them into their current orbits.

"Although I have only analysed 13 comets in detail," he told BBC News Online, "the effect is pretty conclusive. I have calculated that there is only about a one in 1,700 chance that it is due to chance."

In a research paper to be published next week in the Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, he suggests that the so-far unseen planet is several times bigger than the largest known planet in our Solar System, Jupiter.

Being so far from the Sun - three thousand billion miles - it would take almost six million years to orbit it.

"This would explain why it has not been found," explained Dr Murray to BBC News Online. "It would be faint and moving very slowly."

Opposite direction

He has calculated that it lies in the constellation of Delphinus (the Dolphin).

But the planet orbits our Sun in the "wrong" direction, counter to the direction taken by all the other known planets.

It is this which has led to the remarkable suggestion that it did not form in this region of space along with the Sun's other planets, and could be a planet that "escaped" from another star.

But, if it is discovered, will Dr Murray get a chance to name it?

"Probably not," he says. "That will be up to an international committee. But it would be nice to make a few suggestions."

Further evidence to support Dr Murray's claims will be presented at a conference in Italy next week.

Professor John Matese, of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, has carried out a similar study and reached broadly similar conclusions. His research is to be published in Icarus, the journal of Solar System studies.

Old 18-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Lapis

Question Nibiru?

Ooooooo great stuff BLAIR2BE, thanks for sharing this. I've been waiting for another 'planet' or 'planetiod' or whatever they're calling them now, to be discovered taking the count up to 12 (astrology). One planet for each of the 12 signs.

I remember reading that Nibiru orbited into our solar system backwards like this but I personally don't think it will be showing up here any time soon....but that's just me. I've also read that some astrologer's consider that Nibiru may, may be the ruling planet for Libra which makes a lot of sense to me actually.

Thanks again for sharing this and please add any more new info you find about it OK?
Old 19-12-2006, 12:46 AM
pokeyjo11

Awesome info BLAIR2BE ! Counter orbit...WOW thats Wild!
Thank you very much for the blip! and yes please keep us posted...
pj11
Old 28-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Lazuli

Here are some link to more sites about Niburu:

Planet X, Nibiru, Ancient Astronauts, NASA, UFO's

Ancient and Advanced Civilizations of Earth and BeyondLazuli

Last edited by Lazuli : 28-02-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Old 28-02-2007, 11:18 PM
BLAIR2BE

Hey Bob23?!?

hey bob23, what was the name of that guy that was researching before
Sitchin, Hoagland, etc?
Old 01-03-2007, 08:40 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis
I remember reading that Nibiru orbited into our solar system backwards like this but I personally don't think it will be showing up here any time soon....but that's just me. I've also read that some astrologer's consider that Nibiru may, may be the ruling planet for Libra which makes a lot of sense to me actually.

lol, if it is it the ruling planet for Libra, it wouldn't surprise me too!
Bearing in mind I'm Libran, backwards is a reasonably common theme?? lol
Closed Thread