Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 30-12-2020, 11:10 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Math's not my strong suit so I'm perfectly comfortable with infinity. Ignorance is bliss. LOL!

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? As many as want to!

I'm a fan of infinity myself. It's not very limiting, and I like that.
Infinity, you can find it there.

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin...as many as we want to...how many universes can Shiva dance into reality from a singularity....as many as we want him to.

Last edited by ketzer : 31-12-2020 at 12:26 AM.
Old 31-12-2020, 12:24 AM
Master
Hello,

Jumping in late, I know

Heard recently that “There is no reality, only perceptions”

Which got me thinking. When exchanging thoughts, ideas, experiences, and the like, in a way, sharing perceptions. How whatever it may be is related to and understood. Which in its own ways form a reality. This is on the one hand.

On the other hand seems to be how the Universe, this world is set up to be in order to form what is experienced within this physical experience. But, this physical experience seems also influenced by those elements, energies (if you like) which can not be held by either hands.

The unexplainable, what is sensed beyond just the senses. It is present and brings a formation to what is felt as reality. It is tricky to explain and not everyone sense and/or feel it the same way. Yet, there is a presence there that gives birth and continuance to life.

Life reflects the realities of existence here and can also bring into my experience that it is so much more then just here. Yet, here is what I perceive to be, so go with that in order to cope with what I need to do to get through this life.

Still, there is the reality that inspires me to dream and see the potentials that lie beneath and above. That keeps me going and find inspiration.

Sorry if this is long, just truly feel reality is so much more then thought to be and even may feel all there is. It also what has been, what is, and what has yet to manifest. All playing and blending together forming the moment and reality perceived at present and the realities that go on regardless whether I am aware of them or not.

Just my thoughts on this at present.
Old 04-01-2021, 08:00 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Can you provide a link to this theory? I'd like to investigate.

As far as I know the most promising Theories of Everything are String/Superstring and M-Theory. Actually they're related, the prior dealing with strings and the latter with membranes which are strings in a higher mathematical dimension. High energy particle physics at LHC has been searching for the tell-tale signal of these theories in the form of supersymmetry, and right now it's not promising as they think they've ruled out most of the likely energy levels predicted for detection.
It was surprisingly easy to find again, swo call that synchronicity - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ztlIAYTCU

The interesting part is that it's all very much in its infancy, and the more we become conscious of the more there is to become conscious of. Ultimate must be pretty boring, perhaps.
Old 04-01-2021, 01:17 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow

Heard recently that “There is no reality, only perceptions”

Or is that just the long hand version of "perception is reality?"

Anyhow, if there are only perceptions, and my perception is my reality, then perhaps when I perceive that you and I are perceiving the same way, then I might say "that must be reality." On the other hand if I perceive that you are perceiving something completely different then I perceive it, I might perceive you to be quite nuts.

Do you perceive that the same way?
Old 04-01-2021, 06:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer

Anyhow, if there are only perceptions, and my perception is my reality, then perhaps when I perceive that you and I are perceiving the same way, then I might say "that must be reality." On the other hand if I perceive that you are perceiving something completely different then I perceive it, I might perceive you to be quite nuts.

If you made the same argument while in your dream, how would it go?

To me, dream and awake are same level of realities. None of them is objective, none of them results from the other. Both result from your subconscious' translation / filtering of the wider reality to the constraints of your physical senses, and reality creation capabilities.

The characters you interact with reside in the wider reality, both in your dream and awake states; some of them are reflected in both, some of them only in one of those states. They may experience very different realities than yours. None of you are nuts; all of us are ignorant to a certain degree.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 04-01-2021, 08:00 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
If you made the same argument while in your dream, how would it go?

To me, dream and awake are same level of realities. None of them is objective, none of them results from the other. Both result from your subconscious' translation / filtering of the wider reality to the constraints of your physical senses, and reality creation capabilities.

The characters you interact with reside in the wider reality, both in your dream and awake states; some of them are reflected in both, some of them only in one of those states. They may experience very different realities than yours. None of you are nuts; all of us are ignorant to a certain degree.
In my dreams I win all my arguments.

I tend to think that the characters I interact with all reside within me. However, in the awake state, I do like to believe I draw information from a wider sphere that I incorporate into their creation. Much less lonely that way. In my dream state, I tend to think that I am relying on information that I already have, even if I am not aware I have it. Therefore everyone and thing in that world is a reflection of my own mind. Yet they seem independent enough so I don't seem so lonely there either. But perhaps you are not so antisocial in your dreams as I am in mine and take in information from the wider sphere in there as well.

I expect that others experience a unique reality of their own, but if we are to get on, they will have to incorporate information from the rest of us unless they wish to 'live' in a reality of solipsism.
Old 04-01-2021, 09:31 PM
Master

Quote:
In my dreams I win all my arguments.

I tend to think that the characters I interact with all reside within me. However, in the awake state, I do like to believe I draw information from a wider sphere that I incorporate into their creation. Much less lonely that way. In my dream state, I tend to think that I am relying on information that I already have, even if I am not aware I have it. Therefore everyone and thing in that world is a reflection of my own mind. Yet they seem independent enough so I don't seem so lonely there either. But perhaps you are not so antisocial in your dreams as I am in mine and take in information from the wider sphere in there as well.

I expect that others experience a unique reality of their own, but if we are to get on, they will have to incorporate information from the rest of us unless they wish to 'live' in a reality of solipsism.

I guess the question is where / when, and who-we want to get on.

To the awake-me it seems less important how well the dream-me gets along with the other dream characters than the awake-me gets along with the other awake characters.

Hypothesizing there is a me-who-incarnated-into-this-awake-me let's call it ME, I doubt that to the ME it is important how well the awake-me gets along with the other awake characters.

Surely, it is quite possible that this awake reality is the "real thing". But I can't forget that there were, and there are people who believe the Earth is flat. Who knows?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 04-01-2021, 10:51 PM
Master
Quote:

In some ways can be the way you describe. Depends on what is being shared and how flexible I am in considering it and whether I can even comprehend it.

Suppose may also depend how what is being perceived by either is understood or related to.

Playing a bit with this. But, if you perceive me as nuts, well guess I am to you, lol The opinion has been formed with in your mind and form a reality to you.

If one is open to what may be possible, then each may expand one another's perception and understanding. Bringing attention to that which was not noticed by one or the other.

Yes, if perceived by each the same way then may have the sense “it is real”.
Old 17-10-2021, 08:45 AM
Knower

Strange, I thought I posted here 2 or 3 months ago. It's 10+ months.

I've decided that it does not matter to me whether our reality is illusion, whether from something else "real," from nothing, or a simulation. I already know that what we perceive is not actuality; matter is not solid, it's made of atoms, and what we perceive as solid is electrons-to-electrons, like the electrons of atoms in in my fingers encountering the electrons of atoms of the table I put them on, resisting penetration, acting like surface-to surface. Color is not real, it's our eyes responding to wavelengths of light, and much of light wavelengths we cannot even see, infrared, ultraviolet, etc. If our reality is illusion, that does not add that much more unreality to the unreality described above.

Experientially it's all very real, which is what matters. I think it's like a hologram, based upon something real, but is not in itself as we perceive it, actuality.

I'd say that just because situations change, or things in our reality change into other things, does not mean it's all illusion; that's an error in logic. If it's all illusion, that's independent of the fact that things change. It would be quite possible to design an unchanging illusory physical reality. We'd die of boredom. Oops, we cannot die if things don't change, so we're stuck there for eternity.

JoeColo
Old 17-10-2021, 06:37 PM
Master

real meaning long lasting in this context

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeColo

I'd say that just because situations change, or things in our reality change into other things, does not mean it's all illusion; that's an error in logic. If it's all illusion, that's independent of the fact that things change. It would be quite possible to design an unchanging illusory physical reality. We'd die of boredom. Oops, we cannot die if things don't change, so we're stuck there for eternity.

JoeColo
What you say and have observed is correct. However when people in spirituality say its not real they really mean its changing , ephemeral , fleeting and not long lasting .It should not mean as fictitious , non-existent , illusory .

I know words complicate many times .But this is the way every subject works and every subject has its own vocabulary .