Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 15-10-2019, 01:48 AM
Newbie ;)

Got a good scare from labradorite

I recently bought a labradorite and my experience frightened me so much that I have been scouring the internet on forums the past few days trying to find out if anybody has experienced what I just did the other night. For context, I am very new to stones/crystals, even spirituality, I really don't know or feel anything regarding the topic, but recently I bought this labradorite out of curiosity and for whatever reason, I decided to place it on my bed next to me.

I ended up falling asleep on my right side, with my right arm extended out and right palm facing upwards, underneath a pillow. On top of that pillow was where I placed the labradorite. I had the most scary/bizarre experience or "dream," except I thought it was all real. And I did not recognize that it was sleep paralysis nor lucid dreaming. The best way to explain it is I thought it was real, because in this state, I "dreamt" (felt) the stone was in my palm and it started to spin! I felt it spin in circles and then the spinning accelerated quickly, so much so I felt immense heat in my right hand. And there was a white light beneath the stone, above my palm, shining. As it was spinning like a fidget spinner in my hand, that's where I started to feel like what I could only describe was an earthquake experience. A feeling of my body rumbling, trembling, as if the floor beneath my bed was shaking, almost like I'm on an airplane with turbulence and feeling short, sinking, dropping feelings with rumbles. As this was happening, I heard very distinct, loud wind close to my ear.. I registered it as wind through my window. It wasn't a fluctuating breezy type of wind either. It was loud, a constant blowing of wind.. almost as if in a rush.

I'd like to think I've experienced the differences between a "scary dream," sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming. But this was different, I don't know what this was- all I can say is I felt all the sensations from and through my body. I thought it was all real. And as I was freaking out in this dream, which could not have been more than 5 seconds, I said/yelled/begged "please stop" to the stone and tried to throw it away from me. I think I did so, and then I peered opened my eyes. I could still hear the strong wind sound through my window and I could still FEEL the trembling earthquake beneath me, rumbling! Specifically on my right side, which was tingling heavily. The hand that "held" the stone felt so heavy, kind of like when your leg goes asleep and you feel the prickling sensations, except without the prickling and I was scared to move it. Eventually it started to rumble less and stopped shaking altogether and the sound of the wind started to diminish, all while I am awake. To say I was scared is an understatement. For somebody who doesn't believe in this stuff, my body was tingling from everything and I couldn't sleep until I could see sunshine.

I'm not someone who has ever experienced supernatural, paranormal experiences.. or even has bad dreams often. And if I do, I *know* it was only a dream. But this was different. It was a very real, feeling experience, so it's hard for me to chalk it up to it just being some "bad dream." I can't help but chalk it up to the doings of the stone.

At this point, this experience has really shaken me up and I just don't really know what to make of it. When I told my friend about this, he jokingly said it sounded like some portal was about to open up beneath me. Although he was joking, I guess I kind of resonated with it because I was just so scared of what was happening, or what could happen if I didn't try to stop it. As soon as I could gain the courage to move my body when I was awake I googled if there was an earthquake, there wasn't. And I've been checking afterwards, there hasn't been any significant earthquake since.

The experience *itself* I suppose, may not be a "negative" experience per say, but certainly because it was so paranormal feeling I was just terrified and wanted to get rid of anything spiritual related. On the flip side, my same friend said it was the stone revealing its powers to me and to not be scared and to follow it.

I don't know whether or not I should keep it or discard the stone at this point.
Old 21-10-2019, 01:36 AM
Pathfinder
Oh man I need to get my hands on some labradorite cause that sounds sweet! hahaha
Although it could scare you if you dont know what's going on, I've had experiences with trembling, heat and things vibrating inside your body.. Usually it happens when doing pranayama (yogic energy breathing) especially the trembling, and it's not so uncommon to have wacky dreams after those sessions, dreams that feel VERY vivid along with a warm vibratory feeling in the body (like pins and needles).
This all usually has to do with energy, body or chakra purification... There's a lot of names to it. So it's not something negative although since labradorite is very powerful and is associated with all seven chakras you probably shouldn't sleep with it.
And idk if "cleansing" a stone from negative energy is legit but maybe u should do it just in case
Old 25-10-2019, 12:41 AM
Newbie ;)

hah! well i'm glad you found it entertaining at least :P I posted in another forum and somebody said it could have been a "kundalini awakening" so I'm googling everything to see if it something matches. Your bit about the heat, trembling, prickling experience sounds like mine, so thanks for your input! now I'm off to google pranayama. Though the sound of the strong wind part is still a mystery to me.

PS. Oh I def tried to cleanse it afterwards. ran it under water, and also smudged the **** out of it with sage so much it smells like smoke. xD don't know if it'll work, but worth a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seed321
Oh man I need to get my hands on some labradorite cause that sounds sweet! hahaha
Although it could scare you if you dont know what's going on, I've had experiences with trembling, heat and things vibrating inside your body.. Usually it happens when doing pranayama (yogic energy breathing) especially the trembling, and it's not so uncommon to have wacky dreams after those sessions, dreams that feel VERY vivid along with a warm vibratory feeling in the body (like pins and needles).
This all usually has to do with energy, body or chakra purification... There's a lot of names to it. So it's not something negative although since labradorite is very powerful and is associated with all seven chakras you probably shouldn't sleep with it.
And idk if "cleansing" a stone from negative energy is legit but maybe u should do it just in case
Old 25-10-2019, 12:51 AM
Newbie ;)

Update: I've decided to "co-parent" this labradorite with a friend of mine who thinks my experience was gnarly and wants to experience it for himself lol. So now he has it. I really am just trying to get space from the stone bc it was so scary. However.. I'm still affected afterwards - at least my body is.

My experience has triggered a flight/fight response in my body. Ever since that night, I'm stressed before I go to bed bc I think about "What if" that were to happen again. And sometimes when I'm sleeping, I wake up in the middle of the night around the same time when it first happened (~3am). My body is naturally trying to avoid sleeping until it hits 4 or 5 am, my guess is because it's scared of sleeping, which I'm finding myself binging Netflix more than I ever have.

Also, here's a new one I discovered today that sounds absolutely ridiculous. I think now I associate the sound of strong wind to something scary about to happen. Like today, there was strong wind this morning, which woke me up in a panic around 6am (but I slept at 4am, so should've been knocked out). SMH.... now I'm scared of wind?

This all very well could be mental but DAMN I need help, lol.
Old 25-10-2019, 01:34 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwong
Update: I've decided to "co-parent" this labradorite with a friend of mine who thinks my experience was gnarly and wants to experience it for himself lol. So now he has it. I really am just trying to get space from the stone bc it was so scary. However.. I'm still affected afterwards - at least my body is.

My experience has triggered a flight/fight response in my body. Ever since that night, I'm stressed before I go to bed bc I think about "What if" that were to happen again. And sometimes when I'm sleeping, I wake up in the middle of the night around the same time when it first happened (~3am). My body is naturally trying to avoid sleeping until it hits 4 or 5 am, my guess is because it's scared of sleeping, which I'm finding myself binging Netflix more than I ever have.

Also, here's a new one I discovered today that sounds absolutely ridiculous. I think now I associate the sound of strong wind to something scary about to happen. Like today, there was strong wind this morning, which woke me up in a panic around 6am (but I slept at 4am, so should've been knocked out). SMH.... now I'm scared of wind?

This all very well could be mental but DAMN I need help, lol.

Sounds like you've been traumatized by all this, I mean I don't think it was a negative experience necessarily but it was TOO MUCH TOO SOON. I'd say you should ground yourself somehow, stay away from crystals, do a relaxing or grounding meditation, maybe you could try the do nothing technique and then the fear might come up for you to let go of it safely and effortlessly.
Also you could try sth to help you sleep more peacefully, like for example when I sleep I leave an audio of deep OM sounds rewinding indefinitely, that lets me sleep like a freaking baby.
Anyways, just give it time then you can continue your exploration, this wont last for too long I promise :)
Old 27-10-2019, 08:52 AM
Master
I am sorry I didn't read your entire post as I'm pressed for time, but I wanted to share since you apparently have been a bit traumatized by this and your recent experiences as seed321 surmised, that you might want to check out EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) which can help you make peace with troubling thoughts and experiences and put them into better context so you can proceed more freely and safely feeling.

It's an incredible technique that you are going to think is weird upon first glance (once you find out it involves tapping on acupressure points on your face and reciting specific affirmations) but it is actually scientifically validated with a fair amount of research supporting and proving its healing efficacy. It can help with all sorts of things, some of the research on it shows it to be effective for anxiety, depression, ptsd, phobias, eating disorders, it even was proven to help people be better basketball players and golfers! but the possibilities with this technique are really endless, it's just sort of like a clearer or paradigm shifter that helps reorganize and purify the brain and psyche. amongst other things.. You have to try it for yourself on the things that are mattering to you at the moment (which will often bring up past issues and childhood trauma that you can then pinpoint and resolve more fully) and hopefully you will find what I mean. It takes a bit of commitment to make it a part of your life and routine but it is the single most effective and best technique I've personally come across in my many years of searching for such "magical cures".. Of course there are many things that are important to contribute to a happy healthy life, but this EFT can help clear away cobwebs and fog making everything else much easier.

You can find information about it online in abundance, from personal blogs, forums, various websites, research studies, or check out some books on it. I recommend going to youtube and following along a few videos of people demonstrating it, find someone that you like and tap along with them. and once you learn the simple procedure you can adopt and adapt it to your own style and do it whenever/wherever you want.. probably away from prying eyes lol but that is up to you. Anyways, I think if you give it a try you will find some relief and enlightenment with it in a short time. I especially have found doing it out in nature among trees and things to be particularly effective, but I've had great breakthroughs with it while doing it inside in front of the computer or on the couch too. whether you try it or not (And you should ) welcome to the spiritual world and so glad you found it for yourself and are already seeing the deeper reality that is out there and possible. having a tool like EFT can be very useful though so hopefully I posted this for good reason and you or someone reading this can use it to improve, clarify and enrich life

Labradorite is awesome
Old 29-10-2019, 02:56 AM
Pathfinder
Along with what Sapphirez mentioned EMDR therapy also works greatly for trauma if you want to take it upon yourself more seriously, haven't tried it much myself but I've heard it does wonders and the effects don't take that long to show up
Old 21-01-2020, 09:20 PM
Newbie ;)

Update!

So it's been a few months since I've posted (for the life of me couldn't figure out how to log back in here lol) but I ended up getting the labradorite back from my friend. When he had it, he had one experience with it when he was sleeping, he had a super vivid dream and he felt his eyes fluttering throughout the whole night.

As for me, you're totally right - it was all just TOO much too soon, especially for my first experience. I seriously was traumatized from it and had to "work back up" to get the stone back in my possession and try to not think about it before bed. I'm now at the point where I haven't interacted much with it bc I'm still probably not ready for a round 2... BUT i'm happy to say that my body isn't in flight/fight mode where I can't sleep. Thank goodness.

I can see myself getting more comfortable with it as time goes on but for now I'm just happy to be back to normal lol. Until I feel safe enough to re-invest some interaction back into it, I'll go for a round 2... haha!

Thanks so much for your help though. I definitely needed some space and get myself and body back to normal... otherwise I think it was making me a little loopy xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by seed321
Sounds like you've been traumatized by all this, I mean I don't think it was a negative experience necessarily but it was TOO MUCH TOO SOON. I'd say you should ground yourself somehow, stay away from crystals, do a relaxing or grounding meditation, maybe you could try the do nothing technique and then the fear might come up for you to let go of it safely and effortlessly.
Also you could try sth to help you sleep more peacefully, like for example when I sleep I leave an audio of deep OM sounds rewinding indefinitely, that lets me sleep like a freaking baby.
Anyways, just give it time then you can continue your exploration, this wont last for too long I promise :)
Old 21-01-2020, 09:23 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks so much! I really appreciate all the info you provided here.

Just as a quick update: it's been a few months and I've returned back to my normal state. Phew. For a minute I was definitely traumatized. Just like the other user mentioned, it was too much too soon, esp for that being my first experience. I do plan on revisiting the stone at some point when I'm ready to reinvest some more interaction with it, but for now I'm just happy to not be so crazy and sleep deprived from it lol. I'll check out what you've mentioned here and add it to my knowledge base for sure. It all sounds super interesting and I'm still very much drawn to my stone and labradorite in general. Little by little...

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
I am sorry I didn't read your entire post as I'm pressed for time, but I wanted to share since you apparently have been a bit traumatized by this and your recent experiences as seed321 surmised, that you might want to check out EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) which can help you make peace with troubling thoughts and experiences and put them into better context so you can proceed more freely and safely feeling.

It's an incredible technique that you are going to think is weird upon first glance (once you find out it involves tapping on acupressure points on your face and reciting specific affirmations) but it is actually scientifically validated with a fair amount of research supporting and proving its healing efficacy. It can help with all sorts of things, some of the research on it shows it to be effective for anxiety, depression, ptsd, phobias, eating disorders, it even was proven to help people be better basketball players and golfers! but the possibilities with this technique are really endless, it's just sort of like a clearer or paradigm shifter that helps reorganize and purify the brain and psyche. amongst other things.. You have to try it for yourself on the things that are mattering to you at the moment (which will often bring up past issues and childhood trauma that you can then pinpoint and resolve more fully) and hopefully you will find what I mean. It takes a bit of commitment to make it a part of your life and routine but it is the single most effective and best technique I've personally come across in my many years of searching for such "magical cures".. Of course there are many things that are important to contribute to a happy healthy life, but this EFT can help clear away cobwebs and fog making everything else much easier.

You can find information about it online in abundance, from personal blogs, forums, various websites, research studies, or check out some books on it. I recommend going to youtube and following along a few videos of people demonstrating it, find someone that you like and tap along with them. and once you learn the simple procedure you can adopt and adapt it to your own style and do it whenever/wherever you want.. probably away from prying eyes lol but that is up to you. Anyways, I think if you give it a try you will find some relief and enlightenment with it in a short time. I especially have found doing it out in nature among trees and things to be particularly effective, but I've had great breakthroughs with it while doing it inside in front of the computer or on the couch too. whether you try it or not (And you should ) welcome to the spiritual world and so glad you found it for yourself and are already seeing the deeper reality that is out there and possible. having a tool like EFT can be very useful though so hopefully I posted this for good reason and you or someone reading this can use it to improve, clarify and enrich life

Labradorite is awesome
Old 29-12-2020, 05:34 AM
Knower

It is stories like these that have made me fearful to sleep with labradorite right near my bed!