Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 14-10-2019, 03:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

“Be still. Stop struggling. Enter the holy shrine of your heart, and there find peace and joy. You have always been perfect and you will always be perfect. There's absolutely nothing you have to delete or add.

Remember why? If you have to delete something from your life, or add something to your life, what you're doing is you're saying, "There is something else going on in this universe besides perfection, so I have to add something to my life or delete something in my life." But I say to you there's only perfection. Only the absolute reality exists. Only sat-chit-ananda is. Pure awareness exists. You are that. You have always been that. You will always be that, no matter what you say, what you do, what you hear. You are totally perfect, totally pure, untainted. This is called the Self. You are the Self, right now, right this minute, right this second.”

Robert Adams
सच्चिदानन्द ....... (sat-chit-ananda) I hope I can remember.
Thank you.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 14-10-2019, 10:41 AM
Master

“You can only know something when you are not that at all.

To know something means you don't know so you have to know. But what we call consciousness is all-pervading. It is everything. So it's nothing. You can only be nothing when you're everything. When you think something is missing you have to search for something.

As an example most of us here are looking or self-realization looking for Buddhahood, we're looking to become one with the force. The looking will keep you back. For you are looking for something that already is. It always has been. Yet when you're looking for it you're saying it is not here. So you have to search, you have to look. It is the mind that causes all this nonsense. It is the mind that makes you search for yourself when you're already the Self. It is the mind that tells you all these stories that something is wrong someplace, that you're not happy, or that you're too happy.

When you hear that the mind does all this it is therefore your duty to transcend the mind, to stop the mind from doing these things, to stop the mind from leading you around from pillar to post, causing you happiness sometimes and causing you misery sometimes. It is the mind that has created this whole universe. Everything that you behold with your eyes, with your senses, you hear, you taste, you touch, you feel, it is really the mind. Nothing else but the mind and yet there is no mind. So what's going on around here. We thought the mind caused our problems then we hear there is no mind, well both are correct. As long as you believe you're a human being you've got a mind to contend with. As long as you believe you are a person, place or thing you'll have a mind to contend with.

When you begin to sit still and you look upon the mind, the thoughts, you witness the thoughts, you watch the thoughts the mind slows down. As you continue witnessing the thoughts, watching the thoughts the mind becomes weaker and weaker and weaker and you become happier and happier and happier.

Bliss comes when the mind is at rest. Unalloyed happiness comes when the mind is inactive.”

Robert Adams

Old 14-10-2019, 10:53 AM
Angel1

Sat chit anand, Satchitananda ---'I hope I can remember'. May I ?
Yes. It takes placing the needle back into the groove all the time, hahahaha!
Cuz of so many distractions, right? Lol.
Think, all around is consciousness and that consciousness is the Truth and
that Truth is Bliss...not a little happiness...twinkling, dazzling, alive, conscious Bliss ...Love...that is Reality.

(Peace is nice, harmony is sweet. contentment is great...but then you have
Bliss...Divine Love...HA! Whole different ballgame.)
At least once a day, in the morning is great...if you don't do formal sitting meditation...stop,
be still, become aware of sat chit ananda....Truth is the Consciousness of Bliss.
Sometimes I go on and on...ha, just did in the Meditation section!
Ok, I'm done. (Never hope to remember - remember.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-10-2019, 11:56 AM
Master
Quote:

“ When your mind is stayed on God, it means you have surrendered completely, totally, absolutely, to that which is divine, sacred, which is your Self. You have turned within, and given it all up to God. Therefore your life becomes a blessing. If you can do it, truly do this, not make a statement and talk about it, but truly surrender yourself so completely that you have nothing to think about, nothing to say, you're giving yourself away to the universal intelligence, absolutely, then you will find things will work themselves out totally and completely. Every move that you make will be divinely inspired. Every step that you take will be divinely guided. Everything you do will be sacred.

So we're not making an affirmation. We are simply surrendering ourselves to that which is. We're just dropping ourselves completely, totally, to that which is, to that which always was, to the universal intelligence, to the infinite presence, which is and has always been, and will always be, that perfect something, that you are right now, this minute.“

Robert Adams

That is indeed an awesome quote !
Old 14-10-2019, 03:44 PM
Master

@ Still Waters ... yes, deep wisdom by Robert Adams. Just finished watching a video of Sarvapriya Nanda who expounds Advaita Vedanta teachings ... the video is on ‘do we have free will’ or something to that effect. It had similar conclusions as Robert relying on quotes of Vivekananda & Ramakrishna.

Call it surrender to God ... call it meditation ... call it quietude, call it disassociating from all that is transient ... the idea is to exit delusion and get to the deeper reality (absolute reality) beyond thought.

Awareness without thought? I can see some die hard mentalists among us already framing a toxic response!

Old 14-10-2019, 08:54 PM
Quote:
...call it quietude, call it disassociating from all that is transient ...
Did you just make that up? Brilliant!!
Hmmm, Disassociating from the temporary...ha, from that which dies, from that which ends....this is fun!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-10-2019, 02:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Did you just make that up? Brilliant!!
Hmmm, Disassociating from the temporary...ha, from that which dies, from that which ends....this is fun!

Did I just make it up? Hahaha ... you know better!

Old 15-10-2019, 08:05 AM
Master

“ Do you know who you were before you were born? Who are you? Where did you come from? All you know is that you were born and people gave you a name, your parents gave you a name, and you've been called that name ever since. What do you know about these things? Absolutely nothing.

You have no idea why a tree is a tree. Why a mountain is a mountain? You have no idea what anything is at all, do you? Be honest with yourself. This is called divine igno- rance and this is the first step you have to take on the spiritual path to become free and liberated. In order to discover the divine happiness within you. You have to really realize that you don't know what anything is. You have no idea where anything came from, including yourself.

That is a great big step for most people. Because most people are so egotistical. They think they know what everything is, they think they know things, names of things. But we don't know anything.

When you admit this to yourself then you can go forward and you go forward by inquiring, "Who am I? What am I doing here? Where did I come from? What is the source of life?" As you begin to inquire about your life, as you begin to inquire, "Who am I? Where do I come from?" something begins to happen to you, something wonderful, you begin to feel a power and a presence. You begin to feel a peace, a harmony.”

Robert Adams (from ‘just the satsangs’)

Old 16-10-2019, 03:07 AM
Master

“ Your mind has been conditioned for thousands of years to be what you are today. Instead of realizing that you are the ultimate reality, that you are pure awareness you believe your self to be limited to a body. Limited to an environment. Limited to a world. Limited to a universe. In other words you have created your own jail, your own cell. Yet what are we to do? How do we free ourselves?

We free ourselves by not freeing ourselves. When you try to do something to be free you're merely adding on to what you know already. To be free you have to become silent, quiet, peaceful. You have to have compassion, loving kindness. To be free one must give up all of their doubts, their fears, their dogmas, everything. One has to surrender totally and completely, total surrender if you would be free.

Surrender to whom?

If you are a bhakta you would surrender to your guru, to a deity of your choice. If you were a christian you would surrender to jesus. If you were a buddhist you would surrender to Buddha. If you were of the jewish persuasion you would surrender to abraham or moses. If you were a hindu you would surrender to Krishna or Shiva or anyone of a thousand deities. Surrender purifies the mind, removes the impurities and ultimately sets you free.”

Old 16-10-2019, 03:12 AM
Master

“ Just turn your mind inwardly to the Self or to the guru or to the teacher or to the deity of your choice and become still! No words are exchanged. You're not praying to God or to a deity of your choice. You simply turn to your heart center where your deity resides — which by the way is none other than yourself. You are that deity. You are that God to whom you are turning for help. You are that. But yet you turn within and you let go of everything else.”