Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 17-02-2023, 12:14 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I think doing in itself is not good or bad.

it is just that, if you study certain things, you eventually discover that the things you are 'doing' go against the ability to study. In fact I found out long ago the very act of all the subconscious things I do to my 'energy fields' while I study just gets in the way of studying. So I have to learn to back out of a lot of bad habits... either that or I suppose just giving up would be an option too. But if I do continue maybe it is to find something different to 'do' than the things I have learned from others to 'do'.

In fact as a general rule, I find that if I think something is so awful as to never be beneficial, I am just wrong... and if I think something is so beautiful that it must always be beneficial, I am also just wrong.

everything has a context... and the context can change the meaning of the something...

you seemed to be alluding to something similar but I don't know how far you took it...

Quote:
Liberation is just a natural response to a consciousness suffering due to identifying with a big self centered ego.

the only true liberation I found, paradoxically, came when I considered myself a slave. It had nothing directly to do with suffering/not suffering.

And I think, if my definition of 'liberation' is simply to feel good, or to get things I want, or to be able to do things I want to do, I haven't fully learned what the real definition of the word is yet...
Old 17-02-2023, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
My body feels stress and strain all around. No matter how relaxed I lay down.
I didn't know this...I wish I could help you. I feel for ya, Ewwerrin. I do know friends whose muscles are stiff or achey ..
and drinking way more water and taking magnesium, (capsules never tablets).. or liquid minerals everyday ...
has helped tremendously! Sounds so simple...but it's true.
Try one week doing this and see.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-02-2023, 01:01 AM
Master
Quote:
How do you achieve a silenced mind?

Mind-body follows responses, this vessel aligns with orientation.

In my case, on recognising the futility of searching for joy eternal in the the external ephemeral, one day I chose to shift my attention inwards in silence, in surrender to let us say, the vast unknown, the void, to God* (*who I did not know)

It was this choice to shift, honoured in the external by thought, word and deed by continuous contemplative consciousness correction, moment to moment, that over a period of time, by a mindful eye, that attention softened. There was oscillation yes and still is at times but silence became a default orientation.

Thoughts really do not appear unless needed. Just like an instrument, our arm for example. It’s there but at rest. However, it is a slow process since we have to also plot our responses in dreams, which is a different ball game from the waking state. In the waking state we discern and so have a limited amount of free will to offer our response to whatever unfolds. In dreams, the response is instinct driven. So in the waking state we dig deeper into subconscious mind, refining instinct. By intuition, by being continuously aware, not by thinking* (*as in left brain).

Hmmm ~ that about covers it on how I remain in silence as my default orientation, in surrender to the flow of life, more or less without any fear, desire, attachment or memory residue, as in an aspect ‘clinging’. Still, we never know ~ life tests and the degree of ‘difficulty’ may increase if so needed and then it may alter. Let’s see. It helps of course that the bliss current hums within 24x7 irrespective of the external.
Old 17-02-2023, 01:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Mind-body follows resp...
... . It helps of course that the bliss current hums within 24x7 irrespective of the external.
isn't the bliss current just another manifestation of mind and vision and imagination. Or can you be so silent that the bliss becomes all there is. and pervades even throughout all physical body aswell?
Old 17-02-2023, 01:43 AM
Quote:
isn't the bliss current just another manifestation of mind and vision and imagination.
Is falling in love just another manifestation of all you said above?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-02-2023, 02:02 AM
Master
@ Ewwerrin ~ there is this well known story, stop me if you’ve heard it before …

The sage Ramana Maharishi had a disciple, an ‘evolved’ soul, who used to get visions and the like. Anyway, one day, the student didn’t attend the daily satsang* (*discourse) and so he was hauled up by Ramana, who was kind but yet a stickler for discipline.

The neophyte said “I was on my way to the prayer hall but then Lord Krishna* (*a form of Vishnu, part of the holy trinity, if related to Christianity) appeared and I got busy talking with him and so lost track of time.”

All others in the congregation were amazed and impressed, all except Ramana, who queried, “So you saw Lord Krishna? Well, do you see him now, here, at this moment?”

The student said “No, I don’t”

Ramana replied, “All that that comes and goes is unreal. Look for that which does not come and go, which is permanent”

The context in which this story is relevant is your question on bliss. The bliss of which I speak is a humming, magnetic pulsation which transfixes us in a rapture continuum, pervading all cells of form, by day and night, 24x7. Just like our breath. It is, as it is, a permanent embodiment of being.
Old 17-02-2023, 03:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Is falling in love just another manifestation of all you said above?
It is more physical but definitely a whole lot of mental mind and emotion which is more subtle, more quasi physical. Right?

I'm trying to go completely non-physical and find my awareness and then pierce through it and directly realise the absolute. if thats possible.
Old 17-02-2023, 03:53 AM
Master
Quote:
@ Ewwerrin ~...
... embodiment of being.
Bliss to me is something that comes and goes. If it doesn't, then I'd like to know it. But it has to be ordinary and omnipresent. Bliss doesn't sound ordinary. Maybe the ordinary is extraordinary?
Old 17-02-2023, 05:17 AM
Master
@ Ewwerrin ~ joy comes and goes, joy followed by pain, pain followed by joy. That relates to anticipated outcomes. If fulfilled, we feel joy, if denied, we feel pain.

Bliss is permanent. At first, to start with it may be an experience, a transcendental experience but then it gets assimilated and stabilised in form. Perhaps this occurs differently for those on the spiritual path; in my case it had to do with kundalini ascent, polarity balance, descent of polarities into the heart, union and then an explosion of bliss which become embodied within in permanence.
Old 17-02-2023, 08:03 PM
Master
Quote:
@ Ewwerrin ~ joy....
... in permanence.
I wish I could replicate that. sounds blissful.