Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 18-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
"since Reiki therapy is not compatible with either Christian teaching or scientific evidence, it would be inappropriate for Catholic institutions, such as Catholic health care facilities and retreat centres, or persons representing the Church, such as Catholic chaplains, to promote or to provide support for Reiki therapy."

Is it me that finds this statement ironic, by the Catholic church? That it's not compatible with scientific evidence.. I'm pretty sure that God is not compatible with scientific evidence either.

It's funny that Reiki is very similar to spiritual healing in that the practitioner is channeling the healing from the universal source. The only difference is that the healer may not specifically call it "God." The healer also uses symbols to direct the energies.
Old 18-11-2010, 03:49 PM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Is it me that finds this statement ironic, by the Catholic church? That it's not compatible with scientific evidence.. I'm pretty sure that God is not compatible with scientific evidence either.

It's funny that Reiki is very similar to spiritual healing in that the practitioner is channeling the healing from the universal source. The only difference is that the healer may not specifically call it "God." The healer also uses symbols to direct the energies.
I think you misunderstand the thing about scientific evidence. It is about mysticism and the Christian God is not a mystical God. Scientific evidence and theories would also lift the energy work out of its mystical background and thus it would become acceptable.

That Reiki looks similar to spiritual healing means nothing. When Christian missionaries arrived in Japan for the first time they thought that the devil got there first and created a counterfeit Christianity because it looked so familiar. However, when looking at it in depth Shin Buddhism and Christianity are almost diametrically opposite in terms of understanding human life.
The fundamental difference, as set out by D.T Suzuki also means that if one cannot agree with the fundamental philosophy one can hardly make use of the practices which arise our of it.

God is not the universal source either, it is already arisen from something as Verse 42 of the Dao De Jing states, (Quoted in the interfaith forum a few hours ago) and does not go to the greatest depth possible as acknowledged by Father Merton.

When the verdict 'incompatible' comes from both sides with an explanation why that is so from both sides, I think we may need to consider that it might be true.

I can imagine that this is deeply disappointing and disturbing to many Christians and energy workers and that they wish to raise their protesting voices, but noise is not an argument.
Old 19-11-2010, 03:22 AM
Master
Guys what i was thinking was the energy that surrounds us is an electric thing. more of a physical thing than a spirit, at least thats the way it appears. Spiritual healing is far greater than that. i was thinking could I use the ability of being able to see mine and others to say do something minorly beneficial? can you do things to others energy systems to benefit them relax etc maybe help health improvements a bit. nothing too radical. My aura wont cure cancer. I would pass that over to god.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:26 AM
Geometry

Quote:
lightworkerAu
Guys what i was thinking was the energy that surrounds us is an electric thing. more of a physical thing than a spirit, at least that's the way it appears.
Go to google book search and type "bioelectromagnetic field" include the double quotes around the words, the results might surprise you. Some religious people would be truly surprised what scientists have been up to. There are some amazing images out there of what science can do. There is no magic only mystery.