Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 01-06-2012, 02:07 PM
coolchic101

Benefits of Fresh Air vs. Trees

I've been visiting my grandma almost everyday. She is temporarily in a nursing/rehab center. Whenever I visit her, I push her outside in her wheelchair so she can get some fresh air. She is benefiting from that. Her health seems to be improving by just getting some outdoor air.

But I also read that being around nature helps more. But there aren't enough trees and plants around the nursing home. There are only small trees.
Will my grandma still benefit if there aren't enough trees and plants outside?
Old 01-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Master
Are you allowed to bring in house plants into your Grandma's room? In door plants will not only liven up a space, they will bring in positive energies and create healthy environments. I just read that Gerbera daisies give off oxygen at night. Runs off to google Gerbera daisies.

http://www.mastersinhealthcare.com/b...-house-plants/
Old 01-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Master
Just found out that snake plants and aloe plants also give off oxygen at night.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:31 PM
coolchic101

Hi Berry! Yes, my grandma already has a plant in her room. :-)

Edit: And I agree with what it is said on the link. Plants are healing and filters the air. We also have lots of plants in the home and our backyard. :-)

Last edited by coolchic101 : 01-06-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Quintessence

You could talk to the groundskeeper of the facility and see if they'd be willing to make some changes. For example, get rid of that useless lawn grass and replace it with some sections of native vegetation. If they don't have birdfeeders set up, that's another thing that can be nice. Maybe set up some containers so the people there can do some gardening. Window boxes are relatively easy to install.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Master
i have what is called a "hyla" water air freshener. they draw in air from the room through a salt water spray and send it back into the room plus massive amounts of negative ions. this makes the room's air like that at the beach. i have found them to be VERY healing. i wish you luck in helping your gran

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 01-06-2012, 10:08 PM
coolchic101

Quote:
Originally Posted by necta3
i have what is called a "hyla" water air freshener. they draw in air from the room through a salt water spray and send it back into the room plus massive amounts of negative ions. this makes the room's air like that at the beach. i have found them to be VERY healing. i wish you luck in helping your gran

I would like to try hyla. Do you have a link to that?
Old 01-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolchic101
I would like to try hyla. Do you have a link to that?

this is where i bought mine from

http://www.hyla.org.uk/index.php?opt...d=3&Ite mid=7

this is the uk site though i believe they're originally from the states. there are cheaper versions on ebay; i bought one first but wasn't happy with it so bought the original and its much better. only draw is that they are not silent. i've tried dozens of "health" devices over the years and this was surprisingly good. a teaspoon of untreated seasalt in the water. you can add essential oils but i like to keep it simple. the air becomes palpably lighter in the room. it has done alot for my lungs and fatigue. atb..

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 02-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolchic101
I've been visiting my grandma almost everyday. She is temporarily in a nursing/rehab center. Whenever I visit her, I push her outside in her wheelchair so she can get some fresh air. She is benefiting from that. Her health seems to be improving by just getting some outdoor air.

But I also read that being around nature helps more. But there aren't enough trees and plants around the nursing home. There are only small trees.
Will my grandma still benefit if there aren't enough trees and plants outside?

Being close to nature raises the spirits and induces a sense of well-being. One would suspect exposure to vitamin D & endorphins, and simple pure air, are also playing a part in her improved health.

'Taking the sun' was a recognised health treatment prior to the war and not without reason.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 03-06-2012, 08:40 PM
goldentimes

Just taking her outside is good for your health and up liftes your feelings. Trees at any size even the smallist trees have just as much power in them and will help. Even all kind of plants, herbs and grasses has some power to them; They all have some magic use.

So just enjoy it with her and just be with nature-the air, sun, any green grass, plants etc, the sky, the earth and so on.

Best Regards & Blessings!