Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 20-04-2012, 01:06 PM
hawkmoth65

Blue **** nesting

I was delighted to find out yesterday that we have Blue **** nesting under the tiles on our outbuilding.

I happened to be supervising Robbie our new puppy when I saw an adult Blue Tit disappear into a gap on the eaves of the building.It reappeared about 30 seconds later and returned again within a minute or two.

The location is quite close to our back door so I'm hoping we don't put them off,but I get the feeling they have been doing their tooing and froing before I noticed them.So with luck they'll successfully raise a brood of youngsters
Old 20-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Occultist

Blue Tit birds are one of my favorite types of birds. My 2 top however is a Raven and a Owl.
For those who dont know what a Blue tit looks like here is a pic of one.
http://www.sodahead.com/fun/bird-wat...03/bluetit.jpg

However I can see how some people would think you were talking about the adult version of the movie Avatar or Smurfette goes bad..
Old 20-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Master
Oh, I love those birds as well. I've got some here.
Old 20-04-2012, 03:55 PM
hawkmoth65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
Blue Tit birds are one of my favorite types of birds. My 2 top however is a Raven and a Owl.
For those who dont know what a Blue tit looks like here is a pic of one.
http://www.sodahead.com/fun/bird-wat...03/bluetit.jpg

However I can see how some people would think you were talking about the adult version of the movie Avatar or Smurfette goes bad..
lol Occultist yes their name is asking for jokes really isn't it
Old 20-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Master
especially for the childish - that's me - you shoulda posted a picture of the birds hawkmoth, before smart alecks came along - didn't take too long did it~grin~

Old 21-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Master
That's the first time I've heard of blue ****. They are so adorable. We've had robin nests and babies. For some reason, the young never thrive in our yard. :( We've found broken eggs, and a dead baby. My kids had a burial for the poor thing. Another time I saw a black bird attack the nest.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:15 PM
hawkmoth65

A quick update on the Blue ****.

Today I saw BOTH parents flitting in and out of the gap under the tiles and one parent came out carrying a faecal sac from a nestling....so there are definitely babies in there!! I'm really excited lol
Old 04-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Deactivated Account
Ah that's lovely Hawkmoth! I love blue **** and see one now and again in my garden.
Old 22-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Deactivated Account
A blue tit landed on my fence today and just stared at me! Beautiful creatures. They have such lovely song too.
Old 23-05-2012, 07:17 AM
hawkmoth65

That's lovely Star,they are wonderful little birds aren't they

The nesting pair in our outbuilding should have their chicks ready to fly fairly soon.Incubation of the eggs is roughly 2 weeks and then hatching to fledgling stage is another 2 and a half to 3 weeks.

So....depending on what date the eggs were actually laid,it could be any day now!!