Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 06-09-2020, 02:49 AM
Pathfinder

Fish HOUR OF BIRTH?

I have a question. I don't know a lot about astrology. I was born at home, so I have no idea of what my hour of birth is. I know just the day and year only. How critical is it to have that information to have my chart done? Can a chart be accurate without it?

Thanks!
Love and Light
Old 06-09-2020, 05:42 AM
Master

Hi MysticRose

The importance of the hour of birth is that it allows you to calculate the Ascendant sign and the exact degree of the Ascendant. This will be at approximately the 9 o'clock position on your chart. The Ascendant is the sign which is rising over the horizon at the moment of birth.

The Ascendant is important because that is then used to calculate the houses and the midheaven. The 12 houses of the chart indicate 12 areas of our lives. So for example, the Sun in the 5th house can be quite different to the Sun in the 9th house.

If you really cannot find your exact time of birth then I suggest trying a chart with 12 noon as your birth time. At most, that will be twelve hours out. Most of the planets will be correct, and even the fast moving planets will not be too far off. Just be aware that you cannot consider the ascendant or the houses in your interpretation, as they could be completely wrong.

Hope this helps.

Peace
Old 06-09-2020, 12:36 PM
Administrator
I cant answer your question as i dont believe in Astrology to me its a load of rubbish. i do not see how the time and date of birth has to do with anything.
i to was born at home.but my birth is complicated.just as i was about to be born. my 4 and a half year old brother drowned.
i should have been and nearly was born feb 24th.
because of the shock the pregnancy and my birth stopped,
the woman who gave birth to me carried me for another month. my brother was born march20th i was born day after,im supppose to be an aries so im told im nothing like an aries.
so i dont believe in it

Namaste
Old 06-09-2020, 05:00 PM
Pathfinder

IAMTHAT,
Thanks! That makes sense to me. Because it would explain why another astrologist said I need the correct time for the chart to be accurate. They describe me as a passive person that can't make up my mind, when I am really opposite of that. Maybe they were looking at my sun sign, which is Pisces.
Old 06-09-2020, 05:06 PM
Pathfinder

Namaste, Native Spirit,
That is very tragic. I am so very sorry. I know you would have wanted to meet your big brother. Take heart, you will meet him some day. I believe this.

I was told the ascendant is the most important sign in one's chart. Perhaps yours is the total opposite of Aries and it over shadows your sun sign. The moon is important, too. I am more like my moon Libra, than I am my sun sign Pisces. Just a thought...
Love and Light
Old 06-09-2020, 05:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticRose
IAMTHAT,
Thanks! That makes sense to me. Because it would explain why another astrologist said I need the correct time for the chart to be accurate. They describe me as a passive person that can't make up my mind, when I am really opposite of that. Maybe they were looking at my sun sign, which is Pisces.
Doesn't anyone know what time you were born? I was also born at home, most my age in my country are. I gave birth to both my kids in my own bed in my own home as well. But the time of birth does get registered by the midwife. At least over here that's how it works.
And my mum always told me what time I was born.

You can check by calculating your ascendant by using the noon as Iamthat suggested. Write down the sign that comes up, then enter another time on the same date, but go for like 1 at night. See if it's still the same sign or not.
Do the same with later.
If you get more than one sign you can read about those and feel which resonates best with you.

I believe there's other signs for which the time matters, but these you can look up in tables.
For instance looking up your moon sign in a table by date of birth. If the sign happens to change on your b-day you can read about both moon signs to find out which is you. If you then find out what the time of switching signs was... you're closer.
There are ways in that sense to get close to the time of birth, but it takes some time to investigate.
Maybe you can do this with the astrologer, depends on how much she asks and how much you're willing to spend on it.

Easiest is to find someone you can ask or some birth certificate.
Old 06-09-2020, 06:12 PM
Pathfinder

Thank you, FairyCrystal. No one seems to know. My mother said daytime, but she didn't remember what time it was. No midwife. Later, as an adult, I contacted the state where I was born for my birth certificate. No time of day was listed. I did as IAMTHAT suggested and put in 12 noon. It appears I have a Gemini Ascendant. That explains why nothing has ever really applied to me, before. I will explore that sign further.
Love and Light, FairyCrystal....
Old 06-09-2020, 07:18 PM
Master

If your mother said daytime then you could try entering every hour from 6.00am to 6.00pm and see what comes up for each. Yes, this is laborious but you can then try to apply each chart to yourself and see which feels right.

For example, if you are someone who has issues with relationships. The seventh house is the house of relationships, so see if any chart for those times puts Saturn or the Moon in the seventh house, as these can be indicators of challenges in whichever area they are found. This is just an example. You may need an astrologer to look at all the charts for that day to determine which fits you best.

You say that you tried putting in 12 noon and got a Gemini ascendant. Bear in mind that the ascendant changes every two hours as all twelve signs rise above the horizon in any 24 hour period.

Peace
Old 06-09-2020, 07:29 PM
Master
A real shame your mother didn't know a bit more specific. Even morning or afternoon would've helped. But it is what it is... No older sibling either who maybe remembers a little more, like when they came from school you were there, or mother in labour when they woke or whatever.

Try to find tables with times for Moon and/or Venus and see if that happens to change on your b-day. Especially Venus can be very specific and recognisable. If neither changes sign on your b-day that's a dead end there, if either or both do change it can help further pinpoint your birthtime.
Should be a lot easier to do and find then houses, but that's my personal opinion.
I got the Venus, Moon, Mars tables in the back of a book but not with times of change.
Or ask an astrologer. I'd say they got books with these table in them.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:10 PM
Pathfinder

I'm the first born, and I was told the only one who made it out of 6 previous miscarriages. No one else alive to ask.

Thanks for the tips. I will check that out, too.

Love and Light Fairy Crystal :)