Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 09-08-2020, 06:40 PM
Newbie ;)

Smile Astrology advice!

Hey guys! I have recently started studying astrology, but have been doing it at my own pace :) I have a lot of the basics down, but I recently spoke to two separate astrologers who told me that I am likely to reconcile with someone who I will end up being in a long term relationship with at the end of this year. My problem, is I'm not too sure how they got to this conclusion haha! I believe that at the moment I am experiencing a Venus retrograde, which has either just ended or will end at the start of September, but I was just wondering if someone could help explain how they detected this (just looking to learn really :)

My birthday is 15th August 1996, 21:40 (Ireland)
Old 09-08-2020, 09:35 PM
Knower
Hi Ciaraver,

You have the same birthday as one of my dogs. He will be 4 just incase you wanted to know that :-)

I would be interested in what method they used too, since both astrologers said it then they certainly noticed something. I wouldn't know how to use just the natal chart to figure out a specific time frame, but my guess is they used some form of predictive astrology. I am somewhat familiar with that category of astrology but I am by no means an expert. I looked at your progression chart to see where they came to that conclusion.

Also where in Ireland were you born. I just used Dublin because thats really the only place that came to mind lol, but the location could affected the house placement. The planets wouldn't be affected though & except for the planets & points near the cusps, there probably won't be too much of a difference but you have a few near the cusps.

In your natal chart you have your main relationship planets (moon, venus, mars) in 6th house @ 10 degrees virgo. Your mars & venus are conjunct one another in cancer 4th house which relates to the home, comfort & family. It is in its ruling sign (cancer) which are both ruled by the moon. You also have your sun in the 6th house but in leo. Your moon makes pleasant aspects to your mars & venus (sextile) conjunct mercury & trine jupiter. Your North node is in libra in the 7th house both ruled by venus so that has something to say about your relationships. It is also in hard aspect (square) both mars & venus also opposite saturn in retrograde (saturn is also pretty important in regards to relationships. This would also make venus and mars square your saturn & south node and saturn conjunct your south node. So there is definantly some karma in regards to relationships. Jupiter seems to be a karmic planet for you as well.

In your progressed chart venus, mars and the moon are all in close conjunction with one another in the 5th house. Mars is at a the critical degree of 29 in cancer, meaning it is at a transitioning stage from the the 4th house/moon cancer to the 5th house, one of art, creativity, children, love but more so like lovers instead of spouses. Which is also ruled by leo. Your moon is also at a critical degree of 0 in leo, which implies transition as well but it has more so adjusted to the leo 5th house energy enough to ground its self where as your mars is still kind of holding on to the previous one. Venus mars and the moon also share aspects which make a trine to your saturn and pluto and sextile your mercury. None are making nodal aspects which could denote a period of learning in order to work with it once it becomes more relevant in your growth. Your sun is now in virgo 6th house which is its ruling house. You could be going through a period where you are becoming more responsible and knowing you have to put effort into work and health of some sort. This usually relates to more mundane tasks that could be house work or some type of job where you are basically just working for a paycheck, not something you want to dedicate your life too (that is 10th house saturn) you may be realizing the importance of these tasks and how they are necessary to maintaining balance and a sense of wellbeing. Speaking of 10th house, the only aspect it makes is trine your jupiter in the 10th. Your mercury is now in retrograde at 2 degrees libra but it is one the cusp of the 7th house so the location may affect this. Retrograde represents some sort of karma that has been activated regarding relationships as it is trine venus, mars, and moon. Its sextile pluto and square jupiter & also opposite retrograde saturn. Saturn also shares the exact same aspects. My guess is you have some sort of karma reguarding communicate with a significant other.

I also threw jupiter and pluto in all of that since we have all been experiencing a major transit this year between pluto and saturn (as well as the sun & ceres and mars) when they formed a conjunction at 22 degrees capricorn. but the main players are saturn and pluto but all those other planets really added some extra chaos into the mix. Jupiter kind of came along a bit later and got in on some of the conjunction action too. Jupiter saturn and pluto are all retrograde right now but they will be turning direct within the next few months and wrecking some more havoc on the world. This conjunction is likely the trigger behind any relationship that might be manifesting at the moment.

Keep in mind this is only my interpretation so don't hold me to anything:-P you should check out progression chart reading if you haven't already, you might be able to see how all of that makes sense to you. I focus more on karmic readings and natal and synastry more secondary.

I hope some of that made a little bit of sense
Old 10-08-2020, 12:03 AM
Newbie ;)

Hi Gemini46 :)

First thing, just wanted to say thank you SO much for putting in the time to reply to me, I was not too sure if this would grab anyones attention as I am new so I am over the moon!

Also, I have never met someone with the same birthday as me, so that is pretty cool! What is his name ?

I am in Cork, Ireland There isn't a time difference between the two, so this could be okay I think? It is late here now so I am going to take notes on this tomorrow along with my birth chart and try to break it completely down, definitely so much more I need to learn.

For now could I ask a question on Karma? Apologies if these are silly, just wanted to clarify with someone who knows what they are talking about. When you speak of Karma, for example "some sort of karma reguarding communicate with a significant other", is it karma in terms of past life/lessons? or karma that has been made in this life? and if so, is there a distinct way of telling if that Karma is good/bad? or since it is retrograde, is it more of a "negative" karma aka a lesson to learn.

Would that mean you sort of agree with the astrologers as to what is coming in the following months for me? ( don't worry, use to predictions so won't hold you to anything, I just find them fascinating )

Thank you again for all your help on this! It means the world.

P.s. I believe the astrologers I spoke to were using Jyotisha astrology :)
Old 10-08-2020, 08:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaraver
P.s. I believe the astrologers I spoke to were using Jyotisha astrology :)

This is interesting. The major difference between Jyotisha or Vedic astrology and Western astrology is that the Vedic zodiac is Sidereal and the Western is Tropical. Vedic astrology uses the fixed zodiac whereas Western astrology uses the movable zodiac to determine the starting point of the zodiac. In other words, Vedic astrology takes into account the precession of the equinoxes, and there is currently a difference of approximately 24 degrees between the two systems.

From Robert Koch's website:

For example, suppose, according to Western astrology, your Sun sign is in Capricorn. In the Vedic system, it could be in Sagittarius. Your rising sign and the other planets might also be in unfamiliar signs. However, this does not mean that Vedic astrology is inaccurate. It simply calculates a horoscope differently. The interpretations are most often more precise than in Western astrology.

Western astrology emphasizes the psychological nature of the individual, but lacks reliability for predicting future cycles and events. Although Vedic astrology also defines a person’s psychological nature, it gives more focus to understanding when certain events are likely to take place.

Vedic astrology gives a better view of:
  • A person’s karmic tendencies
  • When such tendencies are likely to manifest for that person.

Peace
Old 10-08-2020, 11:13 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
This is interesting. The major difference between Jyotisha or Vedic astrology and Western astrology is that the Vedic zodiac is Sidereal and the Western is Tropical. Vedic astrology uses the fixed zodiac whereas Western astrology uses the movable zodiac to determine the starting point of the zodiac. In other words, Vedic astrology takes into account the precession of the equinoxes, and there is currently a difference of approximately 24 degrees between the two systems.

For example, suppose, according to Western astrology, your Sun sign is in Capricorn. In the Vedic system, it could be in Sagittarius. Your rising sign and the other planets might also be in unfamiliar signs. However, this does not mean that Vedic astrology is inaccurate. It simply calculates a horoscope differently. The interpretations are most often more precise than in Western astrology.

Western astrology emphasizes the psychological nature of the individual, but lacks reliability for predicting future cycles and events. Although Vedic astrology also defines a person’s psychological nature, it gives more focus to understanding when certain events are likely to take place.

Peace

Thanks for the reply oh, interesting! I didn't know the exact different between the two, so thank you for explaining. In this context, Vedic astrology would be better for predicting events, so would that be for progressions in general?

Also, they described what that person would look like, how would they do this in through my chart/progressions? or would this be something to take with a pinch of salt?

Thank you!
Old 11-08-2020, 08:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaraver
Thanks for the reply oh, interesting! I didn't know the exact different between the two, so thank you for explaining. In this context, Vedic astrology would be better for predicting events, so would that be for progressions in general?

Also, they described what that person would look like, how would they do this in through my chart/progressions? or would this be something to take with a pinch of salt?

Alas, my knowledge of Vedic astrology is very limited, so I cannot answer your questions!!

Peace
Old 26-08-2020, 06:57 PM
Newbie ;)

but how to check out progression chart
Old 27-08-2020, 10:47 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillianSimpson31vB7
but how to check out progression chart

you can find it on astrodientist. Go to the extended chart selection & it will ask you to enter birth info then you will go to the chart selection page and there will be a drop down menu with all the chart types you can select, scroll down and you will find it(theres alot..dont get overwhelmed lol) There are a few selections, one with just the progressed, one with natal comparison, one with transits....I would personally just start out with the progressed chart until you get accustomed to it.

Astro-seek has a progressed chart generator too. You could also just type in progressed chart generator in google and there will probably find others, those are the ones I have used those, mainly astrodientist, that is a very popular generator site.

In regards to your other post from a few weeks back. I am speaking of karma that was created in a past life that you are working through this life. - As far a karma that you have created this life time...I think that is a whole different conversation because of freewill, any karma you may create this lifetime has not been brought into realization at the time of your birth so you cant pay back what you don't owe. You can identify where it is you are at risk of creating new karma so you aware & able to avoid it in the moment. Transits also play a role as certain things will have a significant influence & it is always nice to see where it is coming from. For example with me my Moon is Extremely sensitive. With longer transits with the outer planets they are not as obvious, they are more unconscious effects that may not be noticed until it starts to really affect you, not always but typically detrimental effects through your unconscious patterns. It is difficult in order to force you to take notice and steps to correct that behavior. Once you are aware of it though, it gets better because you will know which direction you need to take. But anyway I am especiialy sensitive to moon transits, they are also much much faster, like a day or two then its on to the next thing. Sometimes, even when I dont know where the moon is, I will know exactly where it is at because how I feel. That is the first place I go when I am feeling something, whatever & want to see what is affecting my everchanging mood.

Also if you want to know how you got yourself into some situation that brought on some new Karma, you can look at all of that for an explanation.

My chart shows Internal karma, karma I have with myself ( I am my own worst enemy afterall) I don't owe nobody nothing, for some reason people seem to think I do. But there is alot of potential that depends on me working through all my self undoing first beforehand. I have created karma between myself and others unintentionally & you can bet I was forced to face them. I would justify my actions at the time...and rightfully so....but two wrongs never make a right, so while they definitely had their own price to pay, I always had the option to do things differently but I chose to handle them in a way that came back to bite me in the ****. Those were identified in synastry charts though...but whatever the nature there is always an outlet to you karma.

Also my dog's (well my sisters dog, but she lives with me) name is Leo..that actually wasn't planned lol. I had gotten him in oct of 2016 after i had ended a long term relationship & the guy kept our dog which I loved more than anything so I was so torn up, I got a rebound dog impulsively one day. I was never really attached to him & didn't even name him, I called him puppy. I took care of him as best I could but I just couldn't. My sister however fell in love with him but her apartment at the time didn't allow dogs, so I had arranged to give him to another family I felt would give him a better home, & my sister sensed this or something and when I came home from work she had taken him to her apartment, her landlord found out like 9 months later and she just left & moved back home. Anyway she ended up naming him Leo & at first I was going to make a comment but people would usually get annoyed with any of my astrology talk so I didn't say anything. Anyways a few months later I guess she was looking at her horoscope & I guess decided to see what sign her dog was & she was so excited she thought it was so cool she called me up and was like "Omg guess what you are not going to believe this....." and I was just like I know that. lol it was pretty cool though. & He definitely lives up to his sign.
Old 28-08-2020, 02:21 AM
Master
Quote:

Peace
IThankyou I am that for your information. I'm learning that your western sun sign and the duration differs from other astrology systems in other cultures.

Last edited by girlsearching : 28-08-2020 at 11:52 AM.
Old 28-08-2020, 03:36 AM
Knower
Quote:

Peace

This is kind of off subject but did you notice that you posted at the exact same time on both 8/10 & 8/11? I thought that was kinda cool