Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 17-05-2012, 11:42 PM
RoundTower

Need To Be Around Water

Even though I was raised in southern Ohio I have always had a thing for the ocean and sea life. We own a house in the mid-Atlantic, an hour or so from the ocean. I love lighthouses, being on a boat, I can swim but I'm a little afraid to go out too far. I love thunderstorms and have a radio that plays lots of nature sounds. I was told maybe it's because I'm a Scorpio which is a water sign, but there are probably Scorpios who hate the ocean!
Old 18-05-2012, 02:08 AM
Master

It may also be that your spirit has had many good experiences with the sea and draws itself there. This may be a sign that one of your elements is water, but there are wind, psy, and electricity elementals that love water to for it's flowingness. Being a Scorpio is only a fraction of it :)

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 22-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Deactivated Account
I'm fortunate enough to live near the sea but I often dream about needing to be near water and the feeling can be very vivid and intense. For me, it relates to craving unity/Oneness with the spirit of the ocean from which we all came from. Not sure if the same is true for you?
Old 22-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Guide
I'm a scorpio that has a love/hate relationship with water! I love the sound of the ocean and being on the beach but I am terrified of large open spaces of water. Can't swim either! I had a near drowning experience years ago in this life and I greatly suspect I had another (near) drowning experience in a past life that has contributed to my fear. I know what you mean about being drawn to it though, just wish I didn't feel conflicted about it!
Old 22-05-2012, 07:59 PM
münchen444

I, too, need to be around water, and am fortunate enough to live close to the sea. I find it to be incredibly spiritually cleansing and balancing, personally.

I forget the exact terminology or if it is scientifically "proven," but I believe it is the negative ions associated with breaking water (such as waves, waterfalls, etc.) which might help create spiritual balance or soothe symptoms of mild depression or anxiety in some people. One does not need to be in the water, apparently, to derive such benefits, only to be near it. So, this might be another reason why some of us are so drawn to water.
Old 22-05-2012, 08:04 PM
MRDazzle

I'm a Scorpio too and I also have this need for Water and the Sun. I live about 1/2 hour from the Ocean and a Mile from a spring fed River. I never get to see them much for some reason. My own fault for keeping busy.