Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-08-2020, 08:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalika
Another question/reflection I have, i wish i knew why i picked this life. If only i had that knowledge it would make sense, and if we do indeed get to choose our life path/parents, why on earth didnt I pick a model body, high IQ, and loving parents? I must have been a thick/sick soul prior to this life.
That has already been answered. This is just another version of the same question "why choose this life?"

Besides, think of how boring it would be if everyone and everything was to be perfect. Uggh...
Again, that would make this learning experience on Earth obsolete. There can be no light without dark, meaning no beauty without not so beautiful, no smart without not smart and so on.

Another question of interest for you... why don't you love yourself and your body even though it's not a model's body and even though you haven't got high IQ?
Neither are requirements to healthy self-love and confidence and a happy life. Nor are loving parents.
Old 11-08-2020, 11:14 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
That has already been answered. This is just another version of the same question "why choose this life?"

Besides, think of how boring it would be if everyone and everything was to be perfect. Uggh...
Again, that would make this learning experience on Earth obsolete. There can be no light without dark, meaning no beauty without not so beautiful, no smart without not smart and so on.

Another question of interest for you... why don't you love yourself and your body even though it's not a model's body and even though you haven't got high IQ?
Neither are requirements to healthy self-love and confidence and a happy life. Nor are loving parents.
Perhaps I should have chosen to be someone who abuses elderly? You know, pay back. I wonder what that would teach me then? It seems like you can do anything in this realm because it wont mean anything in the next life, it appears as though it's just a game so we can learn what we want to learn and there's no retribution for harming others.

Idk. Thankfully I have no interest in learning what it's like to abuse elderly. Thankfully my heart has healed enough to know it's not within me to consider payback. Though like I said, going by some of these comments it makes no difference how I act (nor others) in terms of where we are heading.

I'm sorry, but its starting to sound like total rubbish. I'm not interested in learning what it's like to end my life prematurely, endure chemotherapy, be born disfigured, lose a baby, harm someone, etc, etc. I already know it would be painful, very painful and yet I've not had anything like that happen to me.
Old 11-08-2020, 11:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Perhaps I should have chosen to be someone who abuses elderly? You know, pay back. I wonder what that would teach me then? It seems like you can do anything in this realm because it wont mean anything in the next life, it appears as though it's just a game so we can learn what we want to learn and there's no retribution for harming others.

Idk. Thankfully I have no interest in learning what it's like to abuse elderly. Thankfully my heart has healed enough to know it's not within me to consider payback. Though like I said, going by some of these comments it makes no difference how I act (nor others) in terms of where we are heading.

I'm sorry, but its starting to sound like total rubbish. I'm not interested in learning what it's like to end my life prematurely, endure chemotherapy, be born disfigured, lose a baby, harm someone, etc, etc. I already know it would be painful, very painful and yet I've not had anything like that happen to me.
Maybe you came into this life to learn to overcome feelings of vengeance. Learning to forgive and eventually move into living in love, from the heart, is enormously liberating!

As for already knowing something, that is easily said, we never know what others are going through. We can only think what it'd be like up to a point but unless we are living it we cannot tell what it's like. (that goes for what we consider to be absolutely great too btw)

You can btw also 'know' things without having to have lived them yourselves. This is because you are part of a soulgroup and each experience of beings in that group are shared with the rest. Which is good otherwise we'd have to live hundreds of lives before we'd learnt an aspect of what's possible.

Why you haven't chosen to abuse elderly... because that's not what you wanted to experience. You know how much that reeks of anger/feeling wronged?

Figuring out how it all works -for you- takes time, more for some than for others. That also depends on past lives btw, how far someone has already come as a Soul.
I can tell you that if you keep at it, are able to shift to a positive mindset, it will become clear as you get further, in other words, as you get older :)
Old 11-08-2020, 11:29 PM
Knower

indeed it is very confusing
and part of the journey is to reach less confusion and more acceptance.
but to question is still good, in my opinion. just don't get too caught up wanting all the answers fast
or to think you will get any or all of them. definitely not all. and even when some answers arise, and you've 'risen' lets say
there will be new questions for you in that higher space..
its the journey. so enjoy it.

as to helping others.
the answer is both yes and no.
you cannot help them in the way that you think you wan to. as in, bringing them enlightenment or letting them see or feel love.
but your help to them really stays with you.
and that is how you heal. and how you decide through this healing to love them unconditionally, or without bounds lets say.
stay sincere in your heart and in your Love for them. let that be the energy emanating from you.

not with intention, not to heal, not to affect change.
let Love be sincere, for its very own sake and without agenda.
while energy follows intention, it also falters at expectation. (expectation is demand)
even when I practice healing, I must not be 'attached' to the outcome of the healing. this exhausts both me and the receiver of the energy.
my state is to be in the flow of this love and energy, not at the end of it.

finally to forgiveness. and to abusers in specific.
its a real tough one. a real real tough one. but here is a thought
in many cases, an abuser is not a predator, but a once upon a time victim of the same abuse.
and they are perpetuating a cycle without their 'will' or 'malicious intent and control'.
they create a victim to relieve themselves of their own victimhood. but they are just as much their own victims still of course.
what happens when forgiveness is unattained, that victim-monster created in them stays alive somehow.
and even if they don't want to be this person, its a compulsion that is likely also hateful to them
aware of it or not.

this is not all or most cases. but some cases. the person who hurts, does so because they are hurt.
and that is the language they understand.

I too have been abused. the exposure was a life times worth, sexual abuse for my whole childhood. (more or less lets say)
in my journey of healing, meditation, therapy, in my journey, I have discovered what I relayed to you above.
I felt more sorry for him, eventually, than I did for myself. because I ended my cycle, I rose above and healed
and I found forgiveness. but he was still suffering his actions, whether it was guilt or shame or self hatred.
so I stopped seeing it as something he did to me, but something we suffered together.
I have confronted him in the past, got his regrets and even gave him my forgiveness. (in stages across years, not in one go)
but last week, I also wrote him a letter, asking him to forgive himself as well.
for the entire experience to end, to die. for the cycle to burn out of both of our families,
I hope that he does. its taken me a while to have the faith and love and courage to write this letter.
its been sitting for 3 years. but now that I have been able to write it. it is also a sign for me
that I have truly reached the end of this healing journey.
it helps me rise even higher. it helps me love, even stronger.

as to what happens to us if we die before enlightenment lets say. I don't know. but why ask questions about later on
when here and now has too many mysteries to cover even in this lifetime.
my opinion is, let my afterlife soul, deal with the afterlife when she gets there.
all I will think about is God and his embrace as he welcomes me home.

I hope this helps.

Love and light
fats
Old 12-08-2020, 02:05 AM
Master

Quote:

Or perhaps those elderly people who find themselves being abused were themselves guilty of abusing others in previous lives. So they get to know what it feels like.

You say that there is no retribution for harming others, but karma is really about restoring the balance.

Peace
Old 12-08-2020, 02:43 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Thank you
I'm now caring for my elderly parent and even though the past has been put in the past, it makes me sad to think he'll pass having no awareness of the pain inflicted, not just on me, on others too.

Still, it's my choice to care for him 100% with nothing but compassion.
Had there been no abuse in the first place, this could never have happened so now you know the reason. Whether he has awareness of the pain or not us anybody's guess, but that was all part of the karmic Agreements anyway. For all you know he may be incapable of understanding it's been caused in the first place, some people are 'wired' that way. You're still smarting, aren't you?
Old 20-08-2020, 04:35 PM
Experiencer

I discovered Hans Wilhelm videos which helped me to understand the spiritual aspects, past life, etc. Was well worth watching. Took me awhile to wrap my head around it.