Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 27-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Experiencer
'Twin Flame' Concept. Slow down!

I know I will probably get a lot of hate for this.. but I am just expressing my opinion here.

It seems to me a lot of people have jumped on this bandwagon of true love whilst in the mix losing the meaning of twin-flame and creating somewhat of a fantasy out of it.

The whole concept, box-ticking concept that a twin-flame has become seems to have destroyed many lifes. Mostly those absoutely desperate to find their beloved twin-flame.

In my opinion, there isn't really such a thing as the mainstream concept of a twin-flame. How can you define something that is so undefinable?

Yes the connection is wonderful, it is beautiful. However, just like soul-mates. They are not always destined to be that of true love and fairy tales, yet I constantly hear of stories of heartbreak.

Many people who meet their twin-flame become constantly obssesed with them, wanting to straight away meeting them. I just really want to say to you's chill out people. Live your life, love yourself, let you and your twin component come together if and when need be.

Let yourself be filled with this unconditional knowing that this other person is the same as you. If you place attachment and desire of loving them unto them and not yourself, then all you are setting yourself up for is heartache.

For me personally, I was told my guide at the time was my twin-flame. I forgot, I was more struck by the fact he was my 'spiritual husband.' To me this shows me, in many aspects that really we only truly only complete ourselfs. Wether that be our whole soul, duplicated.

I also recently found out who my twin-flame is. I knew this man before I even knew the twin-flame concept existed. He is also the same man I said I would marry the minute I see him in real life.

I know for me, I will meet him in about 20 years time, maybe just less. We will marry and we will have children. I am already forgetting he is my twin-flame. Because really that label doesn't matter.

Another thing to note, is that I am okay with waiting. I understand we both have many things to accomplish, get over and learn before we can love each other fully without expectation. All I expect of him at this time, is to grow and learn more and more about himself. Yet we still love each other dearly. We always have. Within two weeks of meeting each other, we declared our love constantly to each other.

I guess what I am trying to say people, is slow down. Stop expecting people to fit into a text-book box of what a twin flame should be. They are you, they are love. So what if you don't tick all the boxes. Don't let anybody define you or your twin. Accept your fate whatever it may be, because it is what you's both choose. Out of love, for each other.

Namaste <3
Old 27-01-2013, 07:29 PM
MorningStar

I wasn't looking for my twin when I found him. I had never even heard of twin souls or twin flames. But I researched our symptoms, as did he, and yeah, that twin thing fit. All that being said, I sure as shooting wouldn't look for my twin. Life was SO much easier before. As beautiful as it is, it's also one of the most difficult and aggravating relationships I have ever had. So, be careful what you wish for. It is NOT a romantic fairy tale in most cases. Has little to do with romance, though that is what we all initially thought. It is simply love, unconditional love, and you have to start loving yourself first!
Old 27-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Experiencer
I don't understand this massive difficulty in the relationship of twin flames.. I never have. What makes it so difficult? I only ask this because I genuinly do not understand.
Old 27-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Iseke

I really respect what you are saying. Yes, I think it's important to just be in the love, and not the expectations!

However, I just had one question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altinak
It seems to me a lot of people have jumped on this bandwagon of true love whilst in the mix losing the meaning of twin-flame and creating somewhat of a fantasy out of it.

Yes the connection is wonderful, it is beautiful. However, just like soul-mates. They are not always destined to be that of true love and fairy tales, yet I constantly hear of stories of heartbreak.

I also recently found out who my twin-flame is. I knew this man before I even knew the twin-flame concept existed. He is also the same man I said I would marry the minute I see him in real life.

I know for me, I will meet him in about 20 years time, maybe just less. We will marry and we will have children. I am already forgetting he is my twin-flame. Because really that label doesn't matter.

How is the bolded text not an expectation of sorts, and one that people usually define as the "fairy tale love" scenario no less? You're saying how things will go between you, and how things will unfold, and that seems to me to be very much an expectation of how things ought to play out. Also, most of the people experiencing heartbreak are people who want the very same thing with their twins: marriage, family, togetherness, etc. What is the difference between them doing it and what you're saying here?
Old 27-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Master

you don't have to worry about being venomously opposed. at that point, you'll be able to find the logic within yourself to respond, else it is opportunity to learn something from the argument, and them from it as well. I do agree with you in some aspects, twin flames are not all they are said to be, and lead a many to heartbreak. yet the reason for heartbreak is because of one's refusal to love oneself unconditionally, or both's. because they are you and you them in full aspects, you can't avoid yourself anymore. they show us who we are and complete us by bringing that realization for us. they are beyond what they are defined as, but the definition gets so caught up externally that it becomes vague. the twin flames is you, and reflects right back at you what you send out, exactly as you would, because you and them are the same. that's what gives many their heartbreak- they don't want to be given what they give to others unless they have learned to come to terms with this.

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 27-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iseke
I really respect what you are saying. Yes, I think it's important to just be in the love, and not the expectations!

However, I just had one question:

How is the bolded text not an expectation of sorts, and one that people usually define as the "fairy tale love" scenario no less? You're saying how things will go between you, and how things will unfold, and that seems to me to be very much an expectation of how things ought to play out. Also, most of the people experiencing heartbreak are people who want the very same thing with their twins: marriage, family, togetherness, etc. What is the difference between them doing it and what you're saying here?

Yes okay I understand that seems a bit outright, and maybe for some twins out there the same outcome is going to happen. I can't dictate what will or will not happen. I meant that from the offset that there is often the expectation. The only reason I can say I know this for sure is from various outlets of confirmation from spirit. Including that of my twins HS'. Including my own intuition and visions of the future. If these things cease to be true, then I am okay with that also.
Old 27-01-2013, 10:17 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadedragon
you don't have to worry about being venomously opposed. at that point, you'll be able to find the logic within yourself to respond, else it is opportunity to learn something from the argument, and them from it as well. I do agree with you in some aspects, twin flames are not all they are said to be, and lead a many to heartbreak. yet the reason for heartbreak is because of one's refusal to love oneself unconditionally, or both's. because they are you and you them in full aspects, you can't avoid yourself anymore. they show us who we are and complete us by bringing that realization for us. they are beyond what they are defined as, but the definition gets so caught up externally that it becomes vague. the twin flames is you, and reflects right back at you what you send out, exactly as you would, because you and them are the same. that's what gives many their heartbreak- they don't want to be given what they give to others unless they have learned to come to terms with this.

Yes this would make more sense... And has done in the past, considering I knew my TF before I knew he was my TF... Yeah we don't adhere to normality. I have always forgot about the TF part of the TF concept. In the past things have been reflected back to me. I hurt because I hurt him, because I guess Im hurting myself.. Interesting.
Old 27-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altinak
I don't understand this massive difficulty in the relationship of twin flames.. I never have. What makes it so difficult? I only ask this because I genuinly do not understand.

I think what brings the difficulties is the difficulty we have with ourselves. We really have to know and love ourselves and get our emotional roadblocks out of the way in order for the drama to end.
Old 28-01-2013, 12:39 AM
Iseke

Yeah, I guess what matters is that you are open for a reunion with your TF but unattached to any specific outcome and accepting of what is!

Also, I agree with Gypsy, the struggle really lies in accepting one's self. You'll notice that a big reoccurring issue for twin flame sufferers is that feeling of abandonment they get when their twin appears to reject them. That feeling is one we all need to face in some way and blaming our twin is one way to avoid recognizing that the struggle is within us. It's so much easier to blame your twin than to look within. And then when you project that hurt, your twin senses that and is affected by it and responds in kind. So...hence, heartbreak.
Old 28-01-2013, 12:54 AM
Experiencer
Ahaaaa! Iseke that makes a lot of sense... I kept saying to my TF 'you seem so closed off' and got a fear that I would lose him. Great x) I guess its about recognising you are seeing effectively yourself and not taking it out on yourself.. in more senses than one hahaha.