Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 11-01-2022, 12:52 AM
Master
Go tell the Bees that I am gone
Diana Gabaldon
Old 19-01-2022, 05:42 PM
Master
I'm just finishing up the Montauk Project Experiments in time and the sequel Montauk Revisited - Adventures in Synchronicity... I have had these books for a few years and have only gotten around to reading them now... which I guess is significant.

there apparently are 3 more books which I will be purchasing. The story is fascinating and is allegedly a true story about bending time and time travel in the early 1900's thru the 1990's. I live in NY and Montauk is way way way out of the east end of Long Island... it would be a 2 hr drive to get there from where I am....
Old 19-01-2022, 07:56 PM
Master
Anthony Bourdain ..........Medium Raw

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 23-01-2022, 10:37 AM
Master
I am going to start with Ryszard Legutko's book ''The Demon in Democracy: Totalitarian Temptations in Free Societies''.

'' Ryszard Legutko lived and suffered under communism for decades—and he fought with the Polish anti-communist movement to abolish it. Having lived for two decades under a liberal democracy, however, he has discovered that these two political systems have a lot more in common than one might think. They both stem from the same historical roots in early modernity, and accept similar presuppositions about history, society, religion, politics, culture, and human nature. ''

That last sentence is what peeks my interest the most, and what I've come to observe myself over the years.

Perspectives like his, people that experienced regimes, help me make sense of these times where authorities and their followers also desire for total control, predictable ''management of the people'', the silencing of critics and skeptics, etc.

Talk about Polish authors... I also still need to start with a book from the Witcher series (fantasy series), from Andrzej Sapkowski.
Old 23-01-2022, 12:50 PM
Joel S. Goldsmith ---a book on spiritual healing principles...he has so many.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-01-2022, 02:24 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Joel S. Goldsmith ---a book on spiritual healing principles...he has so many.

I ordered this and 2 others. This is something I'm really interested in...

Thanks.
Old 25-01-2022, 04:03 AM
Seeker

I’m reading Rumi - the book of love, poems of ecstasy and longing.♥️��
Old 05-02-2022, 12:01 PM
Master
I've just finished 'Alex', a biography of ex-Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson written by David Lyons - it was generally well-written, but boy, he really would've done well to hire a fact-checker because the thing is strewn with factual errors. Which, being the United anorak that I am, really grinded my gears.

(I mean really, stating that United's legendary semi-final against Arsenal in '99 was sandwiched in between their Champions League quarter-final against Inter Milan? Nope, David, it was sandwiched in between their CL semi-final against Juventus. And it was Gary Neville who played the pass to Andy Cole against Spurs in the same season, not Denis Irwin. I know no-one cares, it just makes me want to give the author a back-hander )
Old 08-02-2022, 07:44 PM
Guide
Right now I'm reading Firestarter by Stephen King. I've never read it before, and I'm enjoying the book a lot so far. I'm glad I decided to buy it. It's now becoming one of my favorite books by Stephen King. It's underrated.
Old 15-03-2022, 10:06 AM
Master
Earth garden magazine..feeding wild birds, getting your hands dirty and lots of chookipedia info