Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 27-04-2022, 03:32 AM
Master
What spirit animates us in truth? We can do awful things, and yet what about love? Did Jesus not see God's spirit in us all? The cavemen loved their families too, long before Jesus arrived.
Old 27-04-2022, 06:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
What greatness I see in the human spirit, and what sorrow in the world.. Jesus, and the Buddha did too, I do surmise.

Yes I agree
Old 27-04-2022, 01:47 PM
Molearner

O sleepers awake ! What can I say ? The very idea that Jesus was impressed by what he saw when he came to earth is laughable. He came to heal…to awake…he could only see unrealized potential….if anything….:)
Old 27-04-2022, 02:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
O sleepers awake ! What can I say ? The very idea that Jesus was impressed by what he saw when he came to earth is laughable. He came to heal…to awake…he could only see unrealized potential….if anything….:)

Unrealized potential is better than no potential
O sleepers awake..... and be aware of your God given potential which has endless possibilities.

Our potential is a gift from God and what we do with it is our gift to God.
Old 28-04-2022, 12:42 AM
Master
Quote:

I did not say he was impressed, your words.

I said...

What greatness I see in the human spirit, and what sorrow in the world.. Jesus, and the Buddha did too, I do surmise.

I see greatness in the human spirit.

Jesus came to help us, to show us the path to the father, yet he must have seen God's divine spark in us all. And he could see our sorrow, how could he not, and he knew we were on a new path now because of him, and the resurrection, O Sleeper Awaken. Do you believe in the resurrection Molearner? He came to be with us, to suffer with us and share in our sorrow, God with us..

The Buddha was aware of the Buddha nature, in all of us. This is another way of saying O sleeper awaken, however as a Christian one is about the resurrection, as I see it, the other about enlightenment of the mind, and heart. In many ways, they could be mingled..

I like the Buddha, his wisdom is undisputable to me. the mind is a garden, tend it. Let it grow wild and well you will see what that's like. Jesus and the Buddha recommended a disciplined life. O sleeper awaken...
Old 28-04-2022, 01:10 AM
Master
I love the cave paintings found in France that are thousands of years old.

https://www.thoughtco.com/best-ancie...ntings-4869319

Some of the world's most well-known cave paintings are tens of thousands of years old. Despite humans who lived during these eras being thought of as "prehistoric" or "cavemen," many of these sketches show impressive creativity and skill.

These people had a sense of community and artistry, they were intelligent for their time and spiritual it seems to me.
It's amazing.. Oh, sleeper waken, that's what they did, consciousness coming alive.
This is where Jesus comes to me, a new world, a new eternal life, nothing the human eye has ever seen. I am enthralled if anything. Oh death, where is your sting.

And it's hard to believe, the Buddha had the view that if you see past the delusions of life, one need not reincarnate anymore. Great, where is nirvana..?? I would go there too.
It's the waking up process, I get it. Lights on, no ones home.. has many meanings. For those with eyes to see.
Old 28-04-2022, 06:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Great, where is nirvana..??

In the mind
Old 28-04-2022, 11:36 AM
Molearner

Quote:
I did not say he was impressed, your words.

I said...

Nowayout,

Many people who see what they perceive as greatness are impressed. Perhaps that is not applicable to you or Jesus or Buddha ? See it but leaves no impression ?
Old 28-04-2022, 12:25 PM
Molearner

Quote:

I said...

Nowayout,

How does the human spirit compare to the Holy Spirit ? If the human spirit was so great was it still necessary for Jesus to come to earth ?
Old 28-04-2022, 02:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Nowayout,

How does the human spirit compare to the Holy Spirit ? If the human spirit was so great was it still necessary for Jesus to come to earth ?

To shout ' O sleeper awake '