Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 20-03-2021, 05:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
In daily life.

What do you mean, 'complete meditative silence'?

The place were Magick begins? .......... and maybe ends?

What are your metrics?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 20-03-2021, 05:47 AM
Pathfinder

I'm still working on it, and will always be working on it, regardless of whether I get there or not - because even once there I'd probably have to continue trying to maintain it on a regular basis.

I've had moments of up to 10 minutes sometimes longer, one time complete mental silence from doing Sahaja Yoga technique. But I've found a new way to silence mental chatter besides mindfulness or some other meditation technique.

When you start connecting with your inner core, with your heart the very essence of your self and living from that space, the mental chatter goes quiet and the more you do it, the more you focus on your heart the more inner peace you feel and the quieter your mind gets.

On top of this, I try to practice meditation in waking life whilst moving around and whilst doing things where-ever possible like during exercise or whilst driving, shopping, etc. Music can help quite a bit, especially binaural beats or just really chill mellow music like chilled dubstep genre has a way of making me calm, relaxed, happy and sink into the core of my being and act from the space in my heart of compassion and inner peace.
Old 20-03-2021, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Personally I used the watch and label your thoughts method.
This is easily extended to watching for and labeling the others also.
Ha! If it's not too personal ...what are some of your labels!
I probably have a quick label, too..."Unwanted - will lead me no where!"
(No where I wanna be! Then, immediately,"No".)

If someone is troubled by unwanted thoughts over and over...do the Basic EFT technique...google.
It actually works --after a week you'll see.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-03-2021, 08:10 PM
Ascender
I used to have a non-monologous thought pattern, I thought without words. I turned 18, started a deep meditation practice, experienced a complete ego death, OBEs among many other things such as love from heaven. During this time, my thoughts were completely silent. After the awakening and oneness with all of everything, silent mind, I stopped meditating because I thought I reached the end, I was enlightened. I didn't know enlightenment can regress back to darkness, and I stopped meditating. After that, I developed a thought monolog, my thoughts were now words. I had no idea it was even a thing to think with words, now I struggle with those thoughts. They're annoying at best.

I don't know if I'd choose the route of meditating like the damn Buddha again and achieving higher states. To keep the higher state would require continuous lifelong meditation, and I mean, it's fun while it's temporary, but not what I want.
Old 20-03-2021, 09:28 PM
Master
Meditative silence, I call it peace. No thoughts, just cool, calm and collected. At peace within. Amen
Old 21-03-2021, 02:06 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godspark
I'm still working on it, and will always be working on it, regardless of whether I get there or not - because even once there I'd probably have to continue trying to maintain it on a regular basis.

I've had moments of up to 10 minutes sometimes longer, one time complete mental silence from doing Sahaja Yoga technique. But I've found a new way to silence mental chatter besides mindfulness or some other meditation technique.

When you start connecting with your inner core, with your heart the very essence of your self and living from that space, the mental chatter goes quiet and the more you do it, the more you focus on your heart the more inner peace you feel and the quieter your mind gets.

On top of this, I try to practice meditation in waking life whilst moving around and whilst doing things where-ever possible like during exercise or whilst driving, shopping, etc. Music can help quite a bit, especially binaural beats or just really chill mellow music like chilled dubstep genre has a way of making me calm, relaxed, happy and sink into the core of my being and act from the space in my heart of compassion and inner peace.

That's very beautiful. Thank you for sharing this.
Old 21-03-2021, 02:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion_Lion
I used to have a non-monologous thought pattern, I thought without words. I turned 18, started a deep meditation practice, experienced a complete ego death, OBEs among many other things such as love from heaven. During this time, my thoughts were completely silent. After the awakening and oneness with all of everything, silent mind, I stopped meditating because I thought I reached the end, I was enlightened. I didn't know enlightenment can regress back to darkness, and I stopped meditating. After that, I developed a thought monolog, my thoughts were now words. I had no idea it was even a thing to think with words, now I struggle with those thoughts. They're annoying at best.

I don't know if I'd choose the route of meditating like the damn Buddha again and achieving higher states. To keep the higher state would require continuous lifelong meditation, and I mean, it's fun while it's temporary, but not what I want.

I cannot comment what your experiences were because people describe many things, and without delving deeper into what you experienced, it is hard to comment further. However, I didn't think that enlightenment is temporary and if's temporary, can you call that enlightenment.

Last edited by pixiedust : 21-03-2021 at 04:41 AM.
Old 21-03-2021, 02:09 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
Meditative silence, I call it peace. No thoughts, just cool, calm and collected. At peace within. Amen

If so, how do you view the werewolves? Not sure that is in line with peace.

Old 21-03-2021, 02:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Ha! ...
I probably have a quick label, too..."Unwanted - will lead me no where!"
(No where I wanna be! Then, immediately,"No".)
That is the Complain About Your Thoughts method, not the Watch Your Thoughts method.

For those that were looking for a serious answer: Use of 'unwanted' and 'No' labels reduce the effectiveness of the watch your thoughts method. They are engaging with the thought and thus to some degree holding it in place. It is most effective not to take any other action other than naming that which is observed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
If it's not too personal ...what are some of your labels!
As to labels I personally used: 'thought', 'emotion', (physical) 'twitch', 'spiritual commotion'.
Old 21-03-2021, 02:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
If so, how do you view the werewolves? Not sure that is in line with peace.

Im emotionally at peace within so what I see in the world doesn't effect me internally. Werewolves are part of the overall picture. But only part of the imagination at the moment. I have love for all things so I don't discribe them as useful or useless ideas, i.only love them as being part of the overall experience. The us factor. Without a you there wouldn't be a me or us. I thank you all for being part of the universal experience. Love one and all. Btw, I'm always at peace within. Nothing moves the inner stillness. Love is my rock and foundation, my fortress, my freedom. Amen

Last edited by utopiandreamchild : 21-03-2021 at 03:45 AM.