Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 23-01-2021, 07:27 PM
Master
Stress

Stress is a silent killer, and by the time it is recognized it may have already done some damage. The thing is to recognize it before it grows. One of the early warning signs for me when I am under stress, is that I begin to curse. I don’t usually curse, but when I am under stress curse words come out of me.

Everyone has their own red flags, something that tells them they are under stress. Given this pandemic, quarantine, etc., people out of work, there is a lot of stress out there, or more correctly within us. Even as spiritually oriented people, doing relaxation techniques, meditation, etc., we can still experience stress.

The more meditation we do the greater flow of energy, and the more potential for greater stress if we don’t stay open to that flow. Stress is a mental thing that can cause all sorts of physical ailments. It starts on a mental level, can cause great emotional distress, and can move into our physical body causing inflammation and other physical ailments.

People with high blood pressure or hypertension, or have some other pre-existing condition, are more susceptible to stress. I might guess that a number of people are turning to alcohol or other drugs to cope with the effects of this pandemic and the stress it brings. I don’t advocate using alcohol or drugs to relive stress.

So what are your particular warning signs, or red flags, that tell you when you are stressed, and also what remedies do you use to relive stress. It might also be interesting to hear how other people collect stress. We all hold stress in various parts of our physical body.

Some people get tension headaches. I hold stress in the back of my neck and shoulders, and others may hold it elsewhere. Stress is widely overlooked by many and when it is, it usually leads to behavior problems. Different people handle stress differently and some don’t handle it at all. I thought given all the stress people are under right now, it may be helpful to compare notes on the subject.
Old 23-01-2021, 08:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Stress is a silent killer, and by the time it is recognized it may have already done some damage. The thing is to recognize it before it grows. One of the early warning signs for me when I am under stress, is that I begin to curse. I don’t usually curse, but when I am under stress curse words come out of me.

Everyone has their own red flags, something that tells them they are under stress. Given this pandemic, quarantine, etc., people out of work, there is a lot of stress out there, or more correctly within us. Even as spiritually oriented people, doing relaxation techniques, meditation, etc., we can still experience stress.

The more meditation we do the greater flow of energy, and the more potential for greater stress if we don’t stay open to that flow. Stress is a mental thing that can cause all sorts of physical ailments. It starts on a mental level, can cause great emotional distress, and can move into our physical body causing inflammation and other physical ailments.

People with high blood pressure or hypertension, or have some other pre-existing condition, are more susceptible to stress. I might guess that a number of people are turning to alcohol or other drugs to cope with the effects of this pandemic and the stress it brings. I don’t advocate using alcohol or drugs to relive stress.

So what are your particular warning signs, or red flags, that tell you when you are stressed, and also what remedies do you use to relive stress. It might also be interesting to hear how other people collect stress. We all hold stress in various parts of our physical body.

Some people get tension headaches. I hold stress in the back of my neck and shoulders, and others may hold it elsewhere. Stress is widely overlooked by many and when it is, it usually leads to behavior problems. Different people handle stress differently and some don’t handle it at all. I thought given all the stress people are under right now, it may be helpful to compare notes on the subject.

First I'd like to say this is an awesome post Starman because people all over the world are under their own each individual and unique stress levels right now for various reasons. I stress the most when I go out to a store (mask up of course). I feel that the tension all over my body increases along with my heart rate. Then after I'm back home, if I can, I need to take a nap.

I am a person that has had low blood pressure my whole life up until the last year. Private stressors along with the obsession I have with watching too much news has driven my blood pressure up. I take my blood pressure daily and when I feel myself getting dizzy, agitated and breathing fast that's when my blood pressure is at it's highest - too high. I even had to go on a low dose of blood pressure medicine, which I'm not happy about, but it helps.

For me I have to avoid too much news and practice breathing exercises to feel more relaxed. I don't meditate like I use to, but the mini naps are helpful.
Old 23-01-2021, 10:28 PM
Newbie ;)

This is a nice topic and thank you for starting it.

I recently realised that some people need this constant pressure in their lives. These people don't function if there's no stress and pressure involved, and the biggest reason is our life in the modern world. When I don't have any problems, I usually need to find one, in order to maintain this level of stress.

I've started to meditate recently and I can feel certain benefits already. Usually, I felt very stressed when my parents text me and blame me for many things, because I'm not changing myself the way they want me to. I was suprised when I realised that it doesn't stress me that much after practising meditation and pranayama breathing technique.

As you already mentioned, stress can be very harmful, both to our physical body and our mental state.
Old 23-01-2021, 11:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophiuchus94
This is a nice topic and thank you for starting it.

I recently realised that some people need this constant pressure in their lives. These people don't function if there's no stress and pressure involved, and the biggest reason is our life in the modern world. When I don't have any problems, I usually need to find one, in order to maintain this level of stress.

I've started to meditate recently and I can feel certain benefits already. Usually, I felt very stressed when my parents text me and blame me for many things, because I'm not changing myself the way they want me to. I was suprised when I realised that it doesn't stress me that much after practising meditation and pranayama breathing technique.

As you already mentioned, stress can be very harmful, both to our physical body and our mental state.
It has been established that we all need a certain degree of stress in our lives; else we may become lethargic. But the level of “good” stress is different with each person. One person’s stress can be another person’s energizer. There are adrenaline junkies who feel energized in what might be a stressful situations for others. The important thing is to know our limits. Know our bodies and our emotions, what works and what does not work for us as and individual.

I have lived a very high stress life, especially in my youth. An army combat medic in war, then and ambulance paramedic, then working in hospitals, etc. Later working as a counselor doing crisis work, etc. I ran through life at high speed, and while I gathered a lot along the way, in retrospect I long to have slowed down and smelled the roses more. Which is what I am doing today in retirement. I have roses in my house and back patio.
Old 23-01-2021, 11:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
First I'd like to say this is an awesome post Starman because people all over the world are under their own each individual and unique stress levels right now for various reasons. I stress the most when I go out to a store (mask up of course). I feel that the tension all over my body increases along with my heart rate. Then after I'm back home, if I can, I need to take a nap.

I am a person that has had low blood pressure my whole life up until the last year. Private stressors along with the obsession I have with watching too much news has driven my blood pressure up. I take my blood pressure daily and when I feel myself getting dizzy, agitated and breathing fast that's when my blood pressure is at it's highest - too high. I even had to go on a low dose of blood pressure medicine, which I'm not happy about, but it helps.

For me I have to avoid too much news and practice breathing exercises to feel more relaxed. I don't meditate like I use to, but the mini naps are helpful.
When you go out you are probably more apprehensive and alert then when you are at home. There is a tense alertness and there is also a quiet peaceful alertness, one is more stressful than the other.

I think it is also wise to pay attention to how much we may view the news, and other media. Especially since we are stuck at home for long periods. I have found this is a great time to be more creative with my time. I want to stay informed but I don’t want to overdose on the news.
Old 24-01-2021, 12:31 AM
janielee

I have a blockage that I can't clear.
Old 24-01-2021, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Have you ever screamed into a pillow thinking about the issue?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-01-2021, 01:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Acupuncture, maybe acupressure massage, or even a chiropractic adjustment, may help. But most of all journaling and meditating to try and understand what the blockage is related to. Blockage is the symptom and treating a symptom may only bring temporary relief. The cause of the blockage is something deeper, which a closer examination of one’s life, or lifestyle, may reveal.

Blockage usually means we are tightly holding on to something that is impeding our flow of energy. Blockage may come after a long period of mental or emotional tension. This can also cause stress. Energy plus blockage causes friction. Self examination of polarizing feelings or thoughts, positions held in our mind, etc., might reveal the cause of blockages. Thus journaling does work; it can help us look at our patterns.

Pre-pandemic, I used to go camping every month, this was a stress reliever for me, but with the pandemic that has been postponed. Sometimes I would go to the Mojave Desert in the fall and winter months, and at night build a campfire, get naked, with my Native American tom-tom drum in my hand, and yell and dance while I drummed. A great stress reliever.

I am using TENS (Trans-cutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation), have three different units, and other methods, like working on muscle triggers with “The Stick,” during this pandemic because, like most everyone else, I am stuck at home. The Stick is a very good tool, just put those words in your search and look it up online.
Old 24-01-2021, 02:14 AM
Master
Old 24-01-2021, 05:30 AM
Master
Nice chart.

Thanks for providing it.

Very thoughtful.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜